• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
So, I believe the King K. Rool costume helps the Inklings, right?

He's a pretty big contender for the ballot, and I doubt anyone would say the costume deconfirms him.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So, I believe the King K. Rool costume helps the Inklings, right?

He's a pretty big contender for the ballot, and I doubt anyone would say the costume deconfirms him.
Fair point, all we can really do is wait and see but if Nintendo only releases K Rool as a costume I can see tons of people getting mad. I figured a new character would be revealed sometime in August. Do you guys think that's likely? Then another in October to mark the end of the ballot.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Fair point, all we can really do is wait and see but if Nintendo only releases K Rool as a costume I can see tons of people getting mad. I figured a new character would be revealed sometime in August. Do you guys think that's likely? Then another in October to mark the end of the ballot.
If we're getting a few characters from the ballot, we might see a character a little bit later than October.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If we're getting a few characters from the ballot, we might see a character a little bit later than October.
I agree. I'm expecting at least three more characters and for some reason I always go with the every two months guess from here on out. THere's real suspense waiting to see what else is announced tomorrow for smash. Likely just more mii's but still... the fear

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Wait, another ESRB leak? link plz
I wouldn't think too much about that leak at this point. Neo zero and Pushdustin spoke to the guy and said it didn't really have any new information, just speculation about characters Nintendo is considering. The current Dr. Mario stage leak seems more realistic and we'll likely find out in a day or two.

I figured more people would post here with the whole K Rool mii costume debacle playing out.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I wouldn't think too much about that leak at this point. Neo zero and Pushdustin spoke to the guy and said it didn't really have any new information, just speculation about characters Nintendo is considering. The current Dr. Mario stage leak seems more realistic and we'll likely find out in a day or two.

I figured more people would post here with the whole K Rool mii costume debacle playing out.
I think there is a difference between the K. Rool and Inkling costumes.
Costumes don't deconfirm characters. But 2 costumes of ballot favorites, together...feels like a consolation prize.

Also, Inkling costumes were created before they were sure if it was a viable property. If it was something that flopped and they added a character...well, that would be bad for them.
Now, they clearly are popular and successful. Their context has changed recently, while Rools has not.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
I am laughing with tears streaming down my face. People always laughed at me for wanting Roy in Smash 4 and choose someone like K Rool. Anyways, the site decided to trash all over itself, the actual writing is still there, but it doesn't look nice, it reverted to it's default colors.

Edit: I'm talking about the site I made for the Inklings

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I am laughing with tears streaming down my face. People always laughed at me for wanting Roy in Smash 4 and choose someone like K Rool.
I get where you're coming from, but is it really necessary to laugh at the expense of an entire fan-base because a few bad apples did the same to you? They don't make up an entire tree's worth, you know.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I see Inkling as a keep away/trap character. Especially traps lol.
A campy character that I would use as a secondary with no shame. Inkling should have a complex projectile/trap game with all of the potential weapons and sub weapons. Ink mines, grenades, charger, splattershot, roller, etc.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So two of my most wanted are now Mii Costumes - Am I giving up strength in either of them? NO! Regardless of the circumstances, never lose faith in your character!!!

(Now let me study Japanese and Software Design)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So two of my most wanted are now Mii Costumes - Am I giving up strength in either of them? NO! Regardless of the circumstances, never lose faith in your character!!!

(Now let me study Japanese and Software Design)
Seems like we're in the same boat. I have to finish writing a 5 page summary on The Brothers Karamazov by midnight tonight and I'm barely started, while you have to study, yet we both get sidetracked.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I'm really going to be disappointed if she doesn't make it in honestly. Not angry, But severly disappointed. Especially considering how uninterested I am with most of the other top pics people have TBH due to how boring they just sound to me.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Everyone must support the Inklings or be forced to transform from a kid into a squid and then a squid into a kid and so on!!!!

:troll:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

I want them! I want them all!

They're upcoming Gachapon prizes, and I feel the need to buy them as soon as they become available online...

On a mildly related note what do you think the Inkling Smash Amiibo would look like? And what do you think it would unlock in Splatoon? The Squid Amiibo's stuff, perhaps or do you think they'll add new challenges for the Slosher/Splatling?

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

They're upcoming Gachapon prizes, and I feel the need to buy them as soon as they become available online...

On a mildly related note what do you think the Inkling Smash Amiibo would look like? And what do you think it would unlock in Splatoon? The Squid Amiibo's stuff, perhaps or do you think they'll add new challenges for the Slosher/Splatling?
It would probably unlock the Inkling boy/girl challenges in Splatoon. Same as the normal Inkling amiibos.

Those look pretty cool. They should add more customization to splatoon like necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. Ideas for the sequel I guess

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
What if the Inkling Amiibo counted as the Squid Amiibo? The only reason I say this is because we would probably just be stuck with the female inkling only.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It would probably unlock the Inkling boy/girl challenges in Splatoon. Same as the normal Inkling amiibos.

Those look pretty cool. They should add more customization to splatoon like necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. Ideas for the sequel I guess
Actually one thing I'm surprised they didn't do was festival bands. Make a band for every splatfest and if you take part you get to wear it 'till the next one you take part in (or perhaps wear multiple if the game wants to keep track of it). It would be a very small touch, but it would add a lot to the atmosphere... but then again I don't know if they really have them in Japan, so maybe it's a moot point.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Actually one thing I'm surprised they didn't do was festival bands. Make a band for every splatfest and if you take part you get to wear it 'till the next one you take part in (or perhaps wear multiple if the game wants to keep track of it). It would be a very small touch, but it would add a lot to the atmosphere... but then again I don't know if they really have them in Japan, so maybe it's a moot point.
I wish you could keep the splatfest shirts or receive something as a memento for the previous events.

And pants.

Can't believe I forgot to mention customizable pants.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I don't need it...
I don't need it...

The Inkling Smash amiibo would probably just act as the Splatoon amiibo when used.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
We fell to the second page... Not a good look. Well, what do you get when you put two of my most wanted characters as DLC Mii Costumes?

MiInK.ROOL (originalcharacterdonotsteal)

On the topic of Smash Bros amiibo, here's a little game which I'll try to post over on Squidboards too,
"Smash Bros Amiibo - Make a Smash!"

•Take any character from the Smash Bros Amiibo collection, and try to make a possible weapon set for the Inklings when they are scanned! (I wish they did that in game... I'd certainly love to have a Monado inspired Shooter...)

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Here's a potential moveset if Inklings ever get released.
B: Shoot Splattershot
SideB: Splat Roller (kinda like Wario's bike.)
UpB: Squid Jump (Turns into squid and flies into the air reasonably high.)
DownB: Pulls out a Splat Bomb and throws it (Not like Link's bomb. just pulls it out and throws it.)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So, I just got Splatoon recently, and my god...that game is SO good, that I don't know how I'm gonna move forward with my life.

I am 100% on board with supporting Inkling for Smash! I just cast a few votes in the ballot a few moments ago, and I'm probably gonna cast a few more in the future. Now if you excuse me, I have some turf to splat.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
So, I just got Splatoon recently, and my god...that game is SO good, that I don't know how I'm gonna move forward with my life.

I am 100% on board with supporting Inkling for Smash! I just cast a few votes in the ballot a few moments ago, and I'm probably gonna cast a few more in the future. Now if you excuse me, I have some turf to splat.
Surprisingly, a lot of us here play Splatoon and realize it's really fun. Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Brings up a good question, is everyone voting multiple times? I voted only once since I thought it was unfair to vote more but it seems people are doing multiple.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to worry with all these costumes and so on, I want a full on character with a full moveset and everything: not a reskin for a virtual avatar... Besides, they don't even make the explosions globs of Ink. :(

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Brings up a good question, is everyone voting multiple times? I voted only once since I thought it was unfair to vote more but it seems people are doing multiple.
I really only vote whenever I remember to, or when I get bored. And I would feel bad about it, but like you said, lots of others are voting multiple times, so I don't think it really should matter.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Well, when Lucas was announced, a guy in the Roy support group on Facebook/SmashBoards (he's a really cool guy, I was credited to be an amazing leader by him because I ran the official Twitter account for the support group for Roy. You guys should meet him sometime. but alas, he's a dirty memer) actually made an account to a website to randomize his IP so he can vote multiple times a day. Then Sakurai announces Roy is brought back by sheer popularity even though Roy is universally hated by the Smash community, left for dead in Melee. I suspect it was all by him.

Edit: I suspect the Kremlings do this too

Edit 2: I don't really condone doing this. It just gives too much power and is basically cheating. I almost took part with it too, but I stopped myself from doing fake votes. Come on guys.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I've been wondering, is the title of the thread some sort of pun? Like cast your vote. Cast like fishing. Fishing would be related to fish and ocean and squids, therefore relating it to Splatoon. Or is it just that I'm overthinking it and its just a thread title?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've been wondering, is the title of the thread some sort of pun? Like cast your vote. Cast like fishing. Fishing would be related to fish and ocean and squids, therefore relating it to Splatoon. Or is it just that I'm overthinking it and its just a thread title?
I think it's coincidental. No more so than that faith joke I made in the K. Rool thread - just a perfect coincidence.

Top Bottom