• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I also don't care about Project M (although I respect their work), and I'm also not confident about the Inklings, "Brawl style".

If anything, it would give them even more visibility in the Smash community.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I have played Project M before myself. It's fairly interesting. I used to try out all sorts of different fan builds with different alt costumes and different stages. Didn't really have any one to fight with so I grew bored of it fairly quickly though.
(Considering how Wii's wifi is dead now, that doesn't help either..)

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
I like how he said in a previous comment how Inkling and King. K Rool wouldn't fit fighting Nintendo icons like Mario, Link and DK. This might be a little off topic but King K. Rool IS DK'S F****** MAIN ANTAGONIST. HE FIGHTS HIM IN THE GAMES. HOW THE **** WOULD HE NOT FIT. But other characters are fine. Bulls***
Dude rlly, if you look at it I only said about Inkling, but if I did say about K rool, that was dumb.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
From the tumblr:

Apparently the Miiverse mailbox is for submitting drawings that could appear in someone else's plaza!
(Prepares inner mind for cringeworthy drawings.)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Is there any way u could make my avatar in that artstyle, these look good

I'm probably going to change the colors on this one since I already have a Dark Blue Male Inkling. But there you go, if you want to use it.

Edit:

I changed to Orange, that's the one I'll be selling. Dark Blue version just for you, buddy

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Judd is great. Really, all the characters are great. Except maybe the crab.

Also, I realise that Marie's name is troubling me because it's Isabelle's name in Animal Crossing in french (pun on "Mairie", a city hall).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know if the inklings get into smash and splatoon becomes a larger franchise im probably gonna set up the support thread for judd, i just love the guy so far

probably with a title with some pun on the word judgement

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I just hope Judd has the same amount of "personality" as the slug judge from Ribbit King.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I also think that having no black ink help for the readability of the game. With black ink, it would be harder to tell how the ground is, as it would be harder to see some shadows for example.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Red probably isn't there to minimize comparisons to blood. Black probably isn't there for the reasons said above. White probably isn't there because ew. xP

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, right, didn't even thought of the blood comparison.

About white... I remember an ultra fanservice game where you were able to select the blood color, and white was an option. And it wasn't pure white...

Considering that the gameplay was "getting covered in blood to go berserk" with female characters in bikini... ͡(° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I can't really confirm it, but there has been an red-orange color, and dark green that looks like black and a light blue that looks similar to white. I've only seen the whitish looking color in single player though for the Invisible Floors stage. And the dark-greenish black was shown during a direct and they might have done away with that color since then.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I can't really confirm it, but there has been an red-orange color, and dark green that looks like black and a light blue that looks similar to white. I've only seen the whitish looking color in single player though for the Invisible Floors stage. And the dark-greenish black was shown during a direct and they might have done away with that color since then.
I wonder if some colors are single player exclusive due to contrast reasons but it's been confirmed that a specific color can be locked to play on another level. (scratches head)

Top Bottom