• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Language? History? All they seem to do is shoot each other with ink.
Also, @Reila , why do you have to assume that I am not a troll to explain? You just had to tell me the reasons.
Anyways, you are right, I see the flaws in my logic.
About language, they have some fun gibberish, and their own alphabet, so they already do better than the hylians! :awesome:
See the Squid Sisters (and their Puntastic names, Callie and Marie) for example:

About their history, sure, if you look at the gameplay, it's just shooting ink... As much as Smash is about sending people flying.
But they have their cities, sense of fashion, enemies... Ect. They have a set world, with various sea creatures (with puns as well)

Finally, about Dark Pit and Lucina, we are not mentioning them because they are clones, but because they are new.

We should also mention Greninja. He was chosen for Smash before having a name!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
OMG. DID YOU NOT READ @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker post about Lucina/DP. This is the same for Dr Mario
I did and I know he didn't take up development time, I mentioned that in my post. I just hate him. He is literally Mario with a Doctor outfit on. Not a different person or literal clone. He's Mario with a Halloween costume on. Wee.

Last edited:

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
Why do you? Hes still fun to play? Like, I hated Inkling, but wiht a reason (a stupid one, yes, but albeit a reason)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Why do you? Hes still fun to play? Like, I hated Inkling, but wiht a reason (a stupid one, yes, but albeit a reason)
I understand @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA . Maybe it's not for the same reason, but I personally "hate" Dr Mario because he is just Mario with other clothes. Edit: It is indeed for the same reason.

Even Dark Pit is at least a different entity.

I'm ok with Dr Mario as he actually took no devellopement time (and the "oh so necessary Melee fanservice") but still. He is the most uninteresting Smash fighter, character wise.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
@IsmaR Triple post on the beginning of this page.
Also what ideas do you guys have for certain alts? I was thinking it could be like the Wii Fit Trainer with even more colors.

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
PSA. PSA!

I'M SORRY INKLING SUPPORTERS. I HOPE YOU IGNORE MY POSTS BECUZ I WAZ STUPID AND STUFF! JUST GO ON LOVING YOUR INKLING, and SORRY I WAS A TROLL(watever that means)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also what ideas do you guys have for certain alts? I was thinking it could be like the Wii Fit Trainer with even more colors.
I think it'd be more like :4villager::4villagerf: with specific colors and outfits for male and female.

Orange for Female and Blue for Male being the only ones "set" so far

And likely wearing the Agent 3 headphones to help make them distinct from the Miinkling outfits

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Would u rather have a roster with or without more?
I type fairly fast actually. I also tend to go into detail when I post. It's just something I'm prone to doing when I see posts I feel I want to address. Yours felt like just that, so I threw in my two cents (or in that case, my fifty cents.. heh.)

Hey, if you just dislike the character, just admit. Don't try to come up with silly detractions to try to take away from the character, as it will just not work. If they didn't want that character in the game they wouldn't be in this campaign to begin with. It's just like how I couldn't convince you to not say, want Roy or Wolf in the game. We all have characters we dislike, and would have preferred to not see in the game. But to try to detract from other campaigns just makes you come off as a troll. You seem like a fairly sensible fellow at least, since you seem smart enough to at least admit errors. (Unlike some real trolls that like to try to run their "arguments" against a character into the ground, even though it will not make a difference)

But hey. It's over now at least. I'm glad you're at least sensible. (FYI, I do see a possibility for a new announcement at E3 at least... I do expect Wolf to return, as we did get Mewtwo and Doctor Mario back from melee.. so why not another character from brawl to accompany Lucas? Of course thats just a prediction. I'm probably wrong XD)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Everything you said! lol
Yeah! :awesome:

Well, considering how alts are handled, I guess that we will see only 2 models (Wii Fit Trainers) maybe 4 (Villagers).

But I would go with:

Girl Girl Girl Girl Boy Boy Boy Boy (there is a kinda white color, right?)

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I think it'd be more like :4villager::4villagerf: with specific colors and outfits for male and female.

Orange for Female and Blue for Male being the only ones "set" so far

And likely wearing the Agent 3 headphones to help make them distinct from the Miinkling outfits
I think alts that look a bit similar to Callie and Marie would be cool, just set Callie to purple and Marie to green ink.

Last edited:

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
If the inkling hair color thing changes by the alt, does that mean the color of the ink they shoot changes too?

For other characters the color of attacks don't change when you change the alt, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In an "Ideal" circumstance, I'd like 3 boy, 2 girl, Callie, Marie, and Octoling.
Why not 8 Inklings, some Octolings and Callie / Marie? :awesome: I would totally like Callie, Marie and The Octolings anyway. (Especially Callie and the Octoling).

If the inkling hair color thing changes by the alt, does that mean the color of the ink they shoot changes too?
For other characters the color of attacks don't change when you change the alt, so...
ROB Gyro's change color depending on the alt, Palutena's staff's "trail" (during the side tilt for example) change too (most noticeable with the "Dark Pit" alt with the silver staff).
There's also Peach's parasol.

Edit: Also, try editing your post post next time instead of double posting ;)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Thanks! I still don't quite understand what a troll is...
A troll is basically people on the internet who like to go out of their way to insult and bash things people like. They are found all over the internet. You'll often see them starting flamewars on Youtube, Gaming news sites, and other sites where large fanbases congregate. (Like Smashboards for example)

There are different variations of them too. Some type fairly normal.. Some even can put up a good fight. then you have other's that type like this:

F&#KING INKLING SUCKS!!! FANS OF THAT SERIES ARE SO ********! <Insert more cursing, caps, and insults, and a remark calling the fanbase autistic>

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why not 8 Inklings, some Octolings and Callie / Marie? :awesome: I would totally like Callie, Marie and The Octolings anyway. (Especially Callie and the Octoling).

ROB Gyro's change color depending on the alt, Palutena's staff's "trail" (during the side tilt for example) change too (most noticeable with the "Dark Pit" alt with the silver staff).
There's also Peach's parasol.

Edit: Also, try editing your post post next time instead of double posting ;)
....Because every character has only 8 colors alts? Even :4wario2::4wario: who had MORE IN BRAWL.

Edit: Since there are only 6 ink colors for the inklings, only one is "cut" in place of the 3 specialties. One of which would likely use the cut color anyway.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah! :awesome:

Well, considering how alts are handled, I guess that we will see only 2 models (Wii Fit Trainers) maybe 4 (Villagers).

But I would go with:

Girl Girl Girl Girl Boy Boy Boy Boy (there is a kinda white color, right?)
No there is no white, because that would be sexual. I'm not making this up, some people think like that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
....Because every character has only 8 colors alts? Even :4wario2::4wario: who had MORE IN BRAWL.

Edit: Since there are only 6 ink colors for the inklings, only one is "cut" in place of the 3 specialties. One of which would likely use the cut color anyway.
*Boxer privileges intensifies*

I'm still sad that Wario lost ALL HIS GOOD ALT COLORS.
I really hope that's they'll think "We can make more". Either alt costumes (Zelda's different looks for example) or simply alt colors (Wario, Robin...)

But that's not the subject.

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
Sexual? How?
Also, your name... whats with "Spika"? I've only played Emerald, Hg, BW, B2, and X, so I don't know if htst is a pokemon or not

Ok Manic Rykker

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ohhh, I hadn't noticed. and thanks Manic Rykker
By the way, be careful with the double/triple posts. (Posting multiple times before another user posts) That sort of thing is frowned upon in the forums and will get you in trouble with mods :p

If you have something to add, and there is a post you have made before already and no one has replied or posted yet, just edit what you have to add in the other post you made. It'll keep you out of trouble, plus it keeps the threads clean, and easier to read! ^_^

As for why there is no white inkling... Just use your imagination.. lol

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
*Boxer privileges intensifies*

I'm still sad that Wario lost ALL HIS GOOD ALT COLORS.
I really hope that's they'll think "We can make more". Either alt costumes (Zelda's different looks for example) or simply alt colors (Wario, Robin...)

But that's not the subject.
You just asked why I put it that way.

And it's because everyone /currently/ has 8.... excluding Mac for some reason.

But I ran off the general rule, not some little exceptions~

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Little Mac has 16 freaking alts, so Inklings could have every ink color

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, I get it (thanks to various Screens) @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA There's green and Lime green.

So about colors, I would go with:

Girl Girl Girl Girl Boy Boy Boy Boy

If it's Inklings only, without Callie Marie.

Top Bottom