• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info on Rage Mode: (Marth kills at 36% with fsmash tipper)

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
You can get lower. I've killed at 20-25 before. More than once.

Reynith

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Marth's moves become slightly more safer due to added knockback as well. It really highlights how important spacing is.

It also gives him more opportunities to kill in some situations where he might have not have that option without rage mode such as UThrow.

I just lol everytime I kill with UThrow. "Olé!~" :D

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Marth's tippered forward smash should rated M for mature.

It feels so good to hit though, and I'm always surprised at how early it kills.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People really don't like up throw in rage mode from Marth, it's like a 130%ish killer on a lot of the cast.

Rage-ey fsmash AND up smash tippers kill insanely early (up smash tipper will kill at like, similar percents to fsmash in a lot of stage positions due to the height/vertical boundaries)

Also dolphin slash is a secret killer in rage too, it really seems to scale well with power. Like rage marth will make dolphin slash send kids flying at like 80% upwards, so a good hit near an edge at around 120% can be a stock.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Shaya when and how are you getting upsmash tippers xD

Reynith

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Good players will mix up how they get onto the stage from the ledge, but some do have noticeable habits on getting back to the stage. People tend to show their habits when they're under immense pressure and stress such as rolling.

I don't know about you guys but when I'm ledge trapping as Marth, I usually either see the opponent either jump from the ledge or normally get back on and shield or something. If the opponent is at kill percent and you know they're gonna jump from the ledge since you've seen them do it before, you could go for a running Up Smash right there. It's easier said than done, but not impossible.

I haven't really thought about using Up Smash until now though. Rage mode is making me think about some potential options that I wouldn't have ever thought about using before.

I think it's good to take some calculated risks sometimes don't you think? :)

"Time to tip the scales!"

Top Bottom