• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I have an idea:
So, let's pretend Paper Mario receives a stage(which he should if he becomes playable). What if Paper Mario could use Goombella's Tattle Log ability on the other Smash characters? I think it would be neat to hear other people's created tattles. Here's one I thought up:

to

Goombella:
That's Sonic the Hedgehog, his ATTACK and DEFENSE aren't really high but he makes that up with his incredible SPEED! However, if he collects all the Chaos Emeralds, He can transform into a stronger form called, "Super Sonic." While in this form, his ATTACK, DEFENSE, and SPEED go off the charts! Yikes!

I've studied diamonds and all kinds of other gems while attending University of Goom, but I've never seen anything like the Chaos Emeralds! We should totally look for some in the near future!
So yeah, post your ideas as I think this could be very fun!

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Wow, I did not expected to see that much reply after I posted in the potd thread. Thank you so much for your support. This makes me realise that I was right that the thread just needed advertising to go so I'm glad. :colorful:

I added all of you to the list already.

See? Exactly what I'm talking about. You're welcome :)

That is mainly why I want him so much. Though, that isn't unfortunately obvious on the appearance but it is in the character itself. Also, yeah I think he's more expressive because of the flat face which is good. People love expressive character (there was a lot of reaction for dedede on the regard).

Thanks for reading. I love to do big posts so you might miss a lot but that's just how I like to do stuff :)

You may be impressed how far I got with TTYD so you may not feel as strong as I am but I can safely say that me and @ Rockaphin Rockaphin are the biggest supporters.

As for the series, I'm going to admit that I did played PM64 as young but with how naive I was, I didn't like it. That's so ironic today as I love him. I only started to love games when I played ssbm (long story but there's a reason why it will be forever my best game of all time and it's impossible to change).

Thanks for answering on SPM. I had to use ebay because the next gamestop is like 4 hours from my home (yeah I'm that far). Even though I'm unsure, It might leads towards a yes but I'll tell in some days.

The thing that I found with what I tough was crazy theory is that if it's true, then logically, it will just keep getting better and better so this is why I have high hopes for the next Paper Mario game. I know I bring this a lot but that leak I think has to with Paper Mario. Check here:
http://nintendoeverything.com/intel...-unannounced-wii-u-title-on-linkedin-profile/
It seems like I'm the only one that cares about it but I don't know why it's not talked. It's still alive with the pushmo not having the leaker in the credits so it's still unknown but I think we will hear about it soon enough.

Yeah I know about his chances but what matters is that you want him. The potential is what he relies on and I don't think rosalina will changes Sakurai's decision since it's unrelated. Though, I want a minimum of a music but now that I see smash run, I have hopes for that too. The problem I have now is that I don't know how I will contain my emotions if he's confirmed lol.

I tend to think that it hints more towards future game but I talked about it in the grasping at strawa thread :)
I actually did catch you on the PotD thread and that's why I came here lol. I gotta be honest I would love TTYD a lot more if as a pre-teen I could've beaten that last boss... it was so frustrating man. I literally tried to beat her for two years, but then my gamecube broke :( after that I gave up on it and forgot I even had the game. I started watching Chuggaconroy's LP of it and remembered what an amazing game it was, I literally love every thing in it, but that last boss kinda gave me a childhood trauma I guess lol so that's why I don't feel as strongly about it as I do PM64 which I played as a child and later revisited through emulator. When/if it comes out on WIi U virtual console your damn right I'ma buy that and play through it now that I'm an adult and can spare the patience XD

That article on IS is interesting. It could be one of 4 things. A new PM game, the SMTxFE which IS is working on for Wii U, Advance Wars (This is possible since they said they're working on the next installment), or a new IP all together. The last one I don't give that much thought to because they revealed that to be STEAM, and I believe the crossover was already announced around that date, so that leaves a huge chance for a new PM title.

Lastly I fully and wholeheartedly support Paper Mario for Sm4sh, I hope you keep working on this thread with the same dedication as you are now. I will be sticking around to see how it progresses. Much luck.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Did anyone linked the thread on nintendo's facebook or twitter? It's so unusual to get that much views today. Which is good because I like activity.

I have an idea:
So, let's pretend Paper Mario receives a stage(which he should if he becomes playable). What if Paper Mario could use Goombella's Tattle Log ability on the other Smash characters? I think it would be neat to hear other people's created tattles. Here's one I thought up:

to

Goombella:
That's Sonic the Hedgehog, his ATTACK and DEFENSE aren't really high but he makes that up with his incredible SPEED! However, if he collects all the Chaos Emeralds, He can transform into a stronger form called, "Super Sonic." While in this form, his ATTACK, DEFENSE, and SPEED go off the charts! Yikes!

I've studied diamonds and all kinds of other gems while attending University of Goom, but I've never seen anything like the Chaos Emeralds! We should totally look for some in the near future!
So yeah, post your ideas as I think this could be very fun!
That idea is good though. I might not be creative enough to do one but I have all her tattles from the game itself so I may type similar style.

Count me as a supporter.
Done! You're not alone to have him in your sig and didn't post here before. There's actually a good amount that might be interested but as I said, I'm working on to make the thread appealing so I hope it'll help.

I actually did catch you on the PotD thread and that's why I came here lol. I gotta be honest I would love TTYD a lot more if as a pre-teen I could've beaten that last boss... it was so frustrating man. I literally tried to beat her for two years, but then my gamecube broke :( after that I gave up on it and forgot I even had the game. I started watching Chuggaconroy's LP of it and remembered what an amazing game it was, I literally love every thing in it, but that last boss kinda gave me a childhood trauma I guess lol so that's why I don't feel as strongly about it as I do PM64 which I played as a child and later revisited through emulator. When/if it comes out on WIi U virtual console your damn right I'ma buy that and play through it now that I'm an adult and can spare the patience XD

That article on IS is interesting. It could be one of 4 things. A new PM game, the SMTxFE which IS is working on for Wii U, Advance Wars (This is possible since they said they're working on the next installment), or a new IP all together. The last one I don't give that much thought to because they revealed that to be STEAM, and I believe the crossover was already announced around that date, so that leaves a huge chance for a new PM title.

Lastly I fully and wholeheartedly support Paper Mario for Sm4sh, I hope you keep working on this thread with the same dedication as you are now. I will be sticking around to see how it progresses. Much luck.
I already said it in the thread but you're going to hate me: I got her first try!!!

And you know what's even more funny? That was BY PURE LUCK. Literally I should have died. Let me summarize what happened:

I had pretty lucky on just that helped more than it should have. Then, I risked too much the superguard but there's a point when I was about to die and got it. Doing those on her is REALLY HARD and it's very precise. But the thing that will make you hate me a lot is that ON THE FIRST TURN of the final phase, I got a shine bingo! To remind you,

DON'T OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT TO THE FINAL BATTLE OF TTYD!!!
[collapse=BIG TTYD SPOILER (final boss behaviour)]
She makes the audience go away preventing you from gaining any special points. So, I had access to special points!
[/collapse]

All this luck made me won. I'm probably on of the few people that got that but I may replay the game to get the true difficulty (only other time I beat the game was on emulator but I had to use savestates because it was for making saves).

Though, that music is so fitting with that.

I really have no idea if GC VC will happen. I don't know if they CAN emulate GC but I also don't know if they have any intent to do so. Also, running Dolphin on PC is really annoying because it needs to convert the architecture (sort of not sure how they explained). Which means that you need a very good computer to run TTYD at 60 fps all the time. Mine is decent and I get 40 -45 fps with my fan making so much noise. And the sound is slowed down if you don't run it 100% which destroys an amazing experience.

Check the date of the articles it was after SMTxFE announcement so it couldn't be unannounced :)

Though, advance war and new IP is possible but what's interesting is that the article doesn't tell that the guy worked on 4-5 other games and they are all unrelated to FE or advance wars. However, sticker star is on the list (I even checked, he did worked as a programmer on that game). This is why I keep bringing this leak because it sounds likely to be PM related and true. And let me remind you that STEAM is on 3DS. not on WiiU.

Well, speaking of progress, I did some today. I won't tell now but when I'm ready, I will show you what will probably make some people here posts images but in the mean time, enjoy playing with the font of the series since TTYD, "hey gorgeous". Don't know why it's called like this but it's here:

http://www.ffonts.net/Hey-Gorgeous.font

Yeah, it was publicly available the whole time. I love the "W" though, it's so cute :)

Well, you'll see in some days.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I already said it in the thread but you're going to hate me: I got her first try!!!

And you know what's even more funny? That was BY PURE LUCK. Literally I should have died. Let me summarize what happened:

I had pretty lucky on just that helped more than it should have. Then, I risked too much the superguard but there's a point when I was about to die and got it. Doing those on her is REALLY HARD and it's very precise. But the thing that will make you hate me a lot is that ON THE FIRST TURN of the final phase, I got a shine bingo! To remind you,

DON'T OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT TO THE FINAL BATTLE OF TTYD!!!
[collapse=BIG TTYD SPOILER (final boss behaviour)]
She makes the audience go away preventing you from gaining any special points. So, I had access to special points!
[/collapse]

All this luck made me won. I'm probably on of the few people that got that but I may replay the game to get the true difficulty (only other time I beat the game was on emulator but I had to use savestates because it was for making saves).

Though, that music is so fitting with that.

I really have no idea if GC VC will happen. I don't know if they CAN emulate GC but I also don't know if they have any intent to do so. Also, running Dolphin on PC is really annoying because it needs to convert the architecture (sort of not sure how they explained). Which means that you need a very good computer to run TTYD at 60 fps all the time. Mine is decent and I get 40 -45 fps with my fan making so much noise. And the sound is slowed down if you don't run it 100% which destroys an amazing experience.

Check the date of the articles it was after SMTxFE announcement so it couldn't be unannounced :)

Though, advance war and new IP is possible but what's interesting is that the article doesn't tell that the guy worked on 4-5 other games and they are all unrelated to FE or advance wars. However, sticker star is on the list (I even checked, he did worked as a programmer on that game). This is why I keep bringing this leak because it sounds likely to be PM related and true. And let me remind you that STEAM is on 3DS. not on WiiU.

Well, speaking of progress, I did some today. I won't tell now but when I'm ready, I will show you what will probably make some people here posts images but in the mean time, enjoy playing with the font of the series since TTYD, "hey gorgeous". Don't know why it's called like this but it's here:

http://www.ffonts.net/Hey-Gorgeous.font

Yeah, it was publicly available the whole time. I love the "W" though, it's so cute :)

Well, you'll see in some days.
Ahh you lucky son of a gun. The only reason I give color to the GCVC is because Nintendo had supposedly said they have plans for it in "the future", but the fact that we're one year into the Wii U and we still don't have N64 games is a big question mark on that topic. Honestly I don't have much $$$ to get myself a good PC, (the two I have gotten were inherited or gifts lol) so big emulators are a no for me unfortunately, I can barely run Project 64 :crying:.

I did rule out STEAM and SMTxFe on my post tho, but you have given me more hope for it to be true. Those fonts tho? Are just that, gorgeous lol already downloaded it.:colorful:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Am I on the supporters list yet?
Paper Mario is my third most wanted character.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really support Paper Mario.
Added to the list! You seem to be new here, welcome to smashboard if it hasn't been said already.

Am I on the supporters list yet?
Paper Mario is my third most wanted character.
You weren't but now, you are :)

Actually, and I'm speaking for people like you who posted in the thread already but when @Xenoblaze was the OP. I checked the first pages and I was surprised by who showed support for him. You're not alone to have posted before and had no idea on your support now. Some people doesn't support any more which is why I can't add all of them to the list unless they post again. I can check posts history but even then, that still doesn't tell if the person wants him enough to show support.

So, for people who posted here before I became the OP (minus 2 exceptions who asked right before and I mean, the day before), chances are that you're not on the list and you should post here to be added.

I did rule out STEAM and SMTxFe on my post tho, but you have given me more hope for it to be true. Those fonts tho? Are just that, gorgeous lol already downloaded it.:colorful:
Oh speaking of that font... I can now announce what I was talking for the thread!

So, if you followed the POTD thread last night, I was having some fun because practically too much people expected Wario (ironically, the same day, they announce something more hyped but I'll talk about that later). I decided to show early what I talked about in the thread just to give a sneak peak of the purpose.

I said that it will make people posts images and gave you the font in the mean time. But, don't you feel that even tough the font is great that we miss a little something here? You know, that TTYD feel? Well, remember that I ripped all the textures of the game. So, I worked with image editing to give your font the perfect and original TTYD feel.

If you look at my sig, you can see that I used the font over a TTYD bubble with his triangle. The thing about this bubble is that it's not taken from screenshot, it was made by assembling the textures that was present in the game disc. What's better about this is it gives you the best quality of image you can have since there's no loss in resolution and it's from the games files itself. To give you a comparison, picking the music files from the game and converting them to wav gives a much better quality then any other sources since the loss is minimal.

But that's just the normal bubble. what if we had all of them?

Well, I'm happy to announce that I prepared all the bubbles from TTYD so that it takes only basic image editing skills which seems to be common in this forum. It only took me at most 5 minutes to make each image I posted since I already made the template for it. So, without further ado, here's all the bubbles template to use with the hey gorgeous font:

Here they are. If you see transparency in your window, that's where you should put the text. All the window that has them are made of one color so you just had to fill the rectangle with the box color (eyedropper tool). If not, you could still open a normal one, put your text on the zone and switch the normal to the one you desired. All the window are the exact dimensions and the zone is at the same place except for the small one for obvious reasons. If you don't like that, tell me and I'll remove the transparency if necessary. Don't hesitate to play with the font size and spacing for a clean effect.

Also, even though it's optional, here are the triangles used to point the person talking:

Normal window:
(grey should be the layer under the window while the white one should be over it).

And the shadow queen window:
(same as the normal one but the black one is under and purple is over)

Both triangles for the window are on the same dimensions so just align them with tools and put them at the appropriate layer and link them to move both of the triangles wherever you want. Rotate if necessary.

Even though it seems pointless, imagine what you could do with this to give more life on the OP and in your posts. Just looking at them makes me want to use them as it's very easy to do now. I will copy this post in the OP so that everyone can download them. More stuff will come later so, just check this thread to see them. I may change the OP to use those as I already have ideas but that will be told in time.

I hope you will like to use them especially in this thread or on the other threads of smashboards.

Ok, done with jokes potential now, let's talk about Smash shall we?

Sorry, couldn't resist but that's what most of you should be now ^^^ :)

For those who don't know, Sakurai announced a newcomer reveal Monday at 10 am EST. The youtube stream is already available on the official website so just load the page at that time to see it.

That, was really unexpected. I actually wanted since the beginning of potds to be teased with things like "hey, there will be a newcomer announcement". I kind of grew tired of not knowing when things will get revealed and I wanted to be teased of when. This is the first time Sakurai has done a newcomer REVEAL confirmation even directs weren't confirmed to have that.

Since most of the support thread are now getting hopes up, this one won't be an exception even though his chance are quite low but possible.

So, here's the trailer idea @Relax Alax had and is currently in the OP. Read it while listening to this:

Link appears walking into a dungeon. It is a dark underground area with ruins all about. Jail cells with bars can be seen, and darkness plagues the background. Somewhat resembling a sewer.

Link heads in deeper. Water droplets fall from overhanging pipes. As he heads in deeper he notices a weird star door in front of him. Curious he steps on through it. He enters out of the door on top of some sort of tower! Confused, he's looking around for answers and is a bit reluctant. However, he sees a giant wooden chest further out on the tower. Delighted, he rubs his hands together and he waltz over to the chest. He goes forward to opening it. As it opens, the traditional music plays:

BUT on the last note, the music gets interrupted and cuts like a record. It appears to be a map rolled up.

As this happens, the map rustles and Link steps back drawing his sword and this song plays as the paper unravels. It stands before Link

PAPER MARIO SLIPS IN!

(Still in CG, but moved to Paper Marios stage, Flipside Tower, ala the Little Mac trailer) Link standa looking confused. He eventually snaps out of it and goes forward to attack him. Paper Mario transforms paper thin to dodge Link with ease. He then gently floats to the ground. Link is slashing everywhere to no avail. Paper Mario transforms into the cylindrical paper roll behind Link, and moves forward to make Link trip and fall to the floor.

Link tries to sit up, shaking his head. He looks left and right for Paper Mario but is greeted by a beep.

Beep (He's frantically looking)
Beep (He turns around . Paper Mario is holding a hammer over him)
.... BEEP (Paper Mario brings down the hammer and Link is launched in the air for a star KO)

The trailer begins with this music , but a more fast paced fighting theme.

He's shown flying in on his paper airplane to Battlefield. He goes into a idle animation where it appears he's choosing what to do like in his games. The first scene shows him attacking several characters with his Hammer attack. His dash is his spinning run from the first Paper Mario. A few funny situations show his special move where he goes completely thin and can move around nearly invisibly. A scene occurs where Bowser is in the middle of the real Mario and Paper Mario. He looks at PM, then at Mario, then at Paper Mario, who then retracts into his flat form. This causes Bowser to Smash Attack Mario and send him flying off. A few scenes show him roll dodging with his paper roll, him running unsuccessfully as Kirby is trying to suck him up and him laying completely flat on the ground after being hit . He then shows his final smash where he summons show stopper and tears through the screen with the Crystal Stars and KO's his opponents.

The trailer ends with Mario running to save Peach and randomly getting hit by a bomb. Paper Mario unravels out of his flat form beside Peach as she taunts.

The usual Logo comes up with release date and all that jazz.

At the very end it shows Luigi on a stage with PM appearing. Luigi looks at him and he looks at Luigi. Luigi dash attacks away in fear and PM looks at the screen gesturing "I dunno ...."

Ahhh if only if only.
Don't you feel hyped now? Though, you have to admit that it's a weird coincidence that this would be exactly a week after Nintendo talked about the series on social media. But let's not grasp at straws.

That's all. I hope you will look forward to this mysterious announcement!

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
I've been mostly lurking around the character boards and as you can tell by my signature Paper Mario is one of my most wanted newcomers, so let's make it official by singing me up for the supporters list!

Snipe

Smash Cadet
New character reveal for smash bros coming on 7/14 (For U.S.). Hopefully, it is Paper Mario since not only was there a tweet about him a few days ago on Nintendo's twitter account, but also, it could help promote the current game Intelligent Systems is working on (which could be the new Paper Mario for wii u. HYPE). Also, sign me up as a supporter since he is now one of my most anticipated characters since even though he may look like a clone of Mario, he would actually bring something new to the table of Smash Bros. with the partners, stages, badges, etc. that that you guys mentioned about him. With all that "infinite potential", he deserves a spot unlike any other clone characters before him (I'm looking at you Toon Link :ohwell:).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In my childhood, if I wasn't playing Pokemon Sapphire, I was playing Paper Mario 64, seriously, that game's amazing.
Add me to that support list.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sorry for letting this thread fall but you'll see why in this post. I was playing with GIMP for this thread actually.

I've been mostly lurking around the character boards and as you can tell by my signature Paper Mario is one of my most wanted newcomers, so let's make it official by singing me up for the supporters list!
Lurkers are welcome but supporter are even more. Thanks! (you're added btw).

New character reveal for smash bros coming on 7/14 (For U.S.). Hopefully, it is Paper Mario since not only was there a tweet about him a few days ago on Nintendo's twitter account, but also, it could help promote the current game Intelligent Systems is working on (which could be the new Paper Mario for wii u. HYPE). Also, sign me up as a supporter since he is now one of my most anticipated characters since even though he may look like a clone of Mario, he would actually bring something new to the table of Smash Bros. with the partners, stages, badges, etc. that that you guys mentioned about him. With all that "infinite potential", he deserves a spot unlike any other clone characters before him (I'm looking at you Toon Link :ohwell:).
You just basically described the whole purpose of this slogan. He really isn't clone potential despite being a side version. Speaking of, why people assume that side version HAS to be clone/semi clone?

If I were you, I would be cautious with the posts on facebook and twitter because hoping because of that is really torturing yourself (you get more hype but for a likely disappointment). I don't really think it has to do with smash but I still can't figure out where is the image from. Maybe it has to do with unknown stuff but let's be cautious on that.

Though, I would expect to announce the game at the same time or doing it before revealing him if they want to promote it. It just seems to make sense but I don't really expect to see this Monday. It's more suited for direct but again, with Sakurai, you'll never know...

In my childhood, if I wasn't playing Pokemon Sapphire, I was playing Paper Mario 64, seriously, that game's amazing.
Add me to that support list.
Added!

Fun fact, for no particular reasons, as soon as I woke up today, I had the king of the koopas music in my head. That music is really good so, if it could hype you, here it is:

So intense... it feels like my hype for looking forward to Monday :)

So yeah, it is an amazing game and it's even more amazing that they managed to push it even further with TTYD.

I hope either Ridley or Paper Mario is revealed monday.
It's funny that you mention Ridley because when you posted this, I was doing my essay on him and it became my longest post of the forums and my most liked message. Even tough it could happen, I just have the feel that Sakurai just want to make us wait more but again, with Sakurai, you'll never know...

But yeah, it would be fantastic if it's Paper Mario. There's one thing that I'm sure though: if it happens, I have no idea how long it would take me to realise that this is happening. Remember that I would have to update the OP and the title so it will be kinda hard to do that since I'll just go bananas on this thread. I really don't know where it will get but one thing is sure: I would NOT be normal with this level of excitation.

So, as I sais earlier (and you maybe got a sneak peak if you read my posts), I'm still working on getting pretty images from TTYD and I have a new handful for you. Before, let me just do a message for the supporters.

It's
to see that the supporter the list is growing and I appreciate it. Tough, it would be
to have more since I know that some of the supporters are still lurking here. C'mon, join us! You'll have a
time here while supporting a
Character. The OP shows why Paper Mario would an
addition to smash.

Don't you love how it's
? Well, I will add those pretty images to the OP so that you can compliments things :) Also, it includes those too!

And the number from 1 to 8 in chapter image style. I hope you'll like them along with the text window already in the OP and use them in your posts. I'm still working on more images but when I'm done, I will start to revamp the OP with a
look :)

Ok, enough of TTYD jokes...

Wait what am I saying? You can't get enough of TTYD so... why don't you share your love of it?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sorry for letting this thread fall but you'll see why in this post. I was playing with GIMP for this thread actually.

Lurkers are welcome but supporter are even more. Thanks! (you're added btw).

You just basically described the whole purpose of this slogan. He really isn't clone potential despite being a side version. Speaking of, why people assume that side version HAS to be clone/semi clone?

If I were you, I would be cautious with the posts on facebook and twitter because hoping because of that is really torturing yourself (you get more hype but for a likely disappointment). I don't really think it has to do with smash but I still can't figure out where is the image from. Maybe it has to do with unknown stuff but let's be cautious on that.

Though, I would expect to announce the game at the same time or doing it before revealing him if they want to promote it. It just seems to make sense but I don't really expect to see this Monday. It's more suited for direct but again, with Sakurai, you'll never know...

Added!

Fun fact, for no particular reasons, as soon as I woke up today, I had the king of the koopas music in my head. That music is really good so, if it could hype you, here it is:

So intense... it feels like my hype for looking forward to Monday :)

So yeah, it is an amazing game and it's even more amazing that they managed to push it even further with TTYD.

It's funny that you mention Ridley because when you posted this, I was doing my essay on him and it became my longest post of the forums and my most liked message. Even tough it could happen, I just have the feel that Sakurai just want to make us wait more but again, with Sakurai, you'll never know...

But yeah, it would be fantastic if it's Paper Mario. There's one thing that I'm sure though: if it happens, I have no idea how long it would take me to realise that this is happening. Remember that I would have to update the OP and the title so it will be kinda hard to do that since I'll just go bananas on this thread. I really don't know where it will get but one thing is sure: I would NOT be normal with this level of excitation.

So, as I sais earlier (and you maybe got a sneak peak if you read my posts), I'm still working on getting pretty images from TTYD and I have a new handful for you. Before, let me just do a message for the supporters.

It's
to see that the supporter the list is growing and I appreciate it. Tough, it would be
to have more since I know that some of the supporters are still lurking here. C'mon, join us! You'll have a
time here while supporting a
Character. The OP shows why Paper Mario would an
addition to smash.

Don't you love how it's
? Well, I will add those pretty images to the OP so that you can compliments things :) Also, it includes those too!

And the number from 1 to 8 in chapter image style. I hope you'll like them along with the text window already in the OP and use them in your posts. I'm still working on more images but when I'm done, I will start to revamp the OP with a
look :)

Ok, enough of TTYD jokes...

Wait what am I saying? You can't get enough of TTYD so... why don't you share your love of it?
My computer has no sound chip. ;C

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow maybe we didn't get him but now, I have reasons to believe that he could get more support and increased a little in his chances. More after I quote everyone (I do this because I like it and there's not that many people to make this overkill so...).

My computer has no sound chip. ;C
I feel so sad for :( Not being able to listen to we believe in you mario must be annoying. Because you need motivations some time. You should put the music in a phone or something since it's worth to hear over and over.

Please add me to the support list.
Added but... you don't have anything to say? It's the first time I see you here so just want to know :)

Am I already on the support list? Paper Mario is one of my top 5
You weren't but I was sure you would ask at one point (saw your koops avatar the other day :) ) You're there now.

Just a reminder: I became the OP in middle of April if you posted here before, chances are that you're most likely not in the list. The reasons I don't add people who posted before is because with how his situation changed with rosalina, some people dropped support and I have no idea who still supports him. If you're one of those people and still supports him, you would need to ask here because there wasn't any supporter list before (it was just a general description).

Ok, now, let's get to the most important thing now: his chances just increased a bit.

I always said that he had "some" chances which is of course, not a lot and quite far from 50%. This was mostly due to how it could be tight to get a spot and also on Rosalina one which did lower a little his chances but was still possible.

However, I have now a reasons to believe that Rosalina doesn't change his chances and that Sakurai doesn't care that much about the amount of rep.

Today, we got not 1 but 2 fire emblem rep and most of people expected to have a total of 3 rep instead of 4 which is what we have now. For me, not only it follows my though on the game having a better repping (general, not just roster) but also gives chances to those who were believed to be "not needed" or "too much" considering his respective series. It's because getting 4 fe rep shows how Sakurai is ready to give more rep to previously repped enough series if he considers that it would be good for the roster.

I can give a few examples but you know why I'm telling you this, don't you?

Paper Mario is of course one of those. My second counterarguments was actually accurate because it tells how no one said there was a limit in the number of rep and that it depends on what the character offers which is the reasons most of you in the list are there in the first place. Since it seems more likely to be what actually would happen, it makes getting him as a sixth rep more believable and thus, helps his case.

If I said "some" chances before, now, I would say "decent" chances. The difference is that the later is the average when you're in the dark: 40-50% because there's no hint for or against him the only remaining is the whole roster but even there, if we got 4 fe rep (and personally think we'll get ridley), I have now no idea where the repping will be pushed on the final roster. Not to mention that the sal leak took a huge hit which can be bad for chorus men which could clear a slot.

But even if he's there, I have the impression that the roster could be SLIGHTLY bigger than expected which would mean more chance for a spot. I still consider this fact because well, I just don't see him happening before popular one like king k rool or ridley unless those were INTENDED to not be there. That's just why he has enough popularity but getting before the top doesn't make sense for me.

So, we now have more speculations material: do you think he'll have a place or do you think the roster won't be big enough for him?

And lastly, I expect more support in threads like this one because of what happened with this leak.

A lot of people believed that the leak was the final newcomers but not only the leak lost credibility but also that this assumption has just been disproved 2 times in 3 minutes. What this means is that no matter if the leak is somehow real on shulk and chorus men, Paper Mario is unaffected (except for the roster thing but I explained it). Which is why I expect more people to come here and in other threads because some people tend to mix support and expectation which I personally don't think it makes sense but it is a reason to believe him now.

I was neutral on the characters and I'm happy because it made a better speculation experience until release. I can't wait to speculate now...

EDIT: this also means that I should update the OP as soon as possible. I will start with little changes to then go to big one.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Wow maybe we didn't get him but now, I have reasons to believe that he could get more support and increased a little in his chances. More after I quote everyone (I do this because I like it and there's not that many people to make this overkill so...).

I feel so sad for :( Not being able to listen to we believe in you mario must be annoying. Because you need motivations some time. You should put the music in a phone or something since it's worth to hear over and over.

Added but... you don't have anything to say? It's the first time I see you here so just want to know :)

You weren't but I was sure you would ask at one point (saw your koops avatar the other day :) ) You're there now.

Just a reminder: I became the OP in middle of April if you posted here before, chances are that you're most likely not in the list. The reasons I don't add people who posted before is because with how his situation changed with rosalina, some people dropped support and I have no idea who still supports him. If you're one of those people and still supports him, you would need to ask here because there wasn't any supporter list before (it was just a general description).

Ok, now, let's get to the most important thing now: his chances just increased a bit.

I always said that he had "some" chances which is of course, not a lot and quite far from 50%. This was mostly due to how it could be tight to get a spot and also on Rosalina one which did lower a little his chances but was still possible.

However, I have now a reasons to believe that Rosalina doesn't change his chances and that Sakurai doesn't care that much about the amount of rep.

Today, we got not 1 but 2 fire emblem rep and most of people expected to have a total of 3 rep instead of 4 which is what we have now. For me, not only it follows my though on the game having a better repping (general, not just roster) but also gives chances to those who were believed to be "not needed" or "too much" considering his respective series. It's because getting 4 fe rep shows how Sakurai is ready to give more rep to previously repped enough series if he considers that it would be good for the roster.

I can give a few examples but you know why I'm telling you this, don't you?

Paper Mario is of course one of those. My second counterarguments was actually accurate because it tells how no one said there was a limit in the number of rep and that it depends on what the character offers which is the reasons most of you in the list are there in the first place. Since it seems more likely to be what actually would happen, it makes getting him as a sixth rep more believable and thus, helps his case.

If I said "some" chances before, now, I would say "decent" chances. The difference is that the former is the average when you're in the dark: 40-50% because there's no hint for or against him the only remaining is the whole roster but even there, if we got 4 fe rep (and personally think we'll get ridley), I have now no idea where the repping will be pushed on the final roster. Not to mention that the sal leak took a huge hit which can be bad for chorus men which could clear a slot.

But even if he's there, I have the impression that the roster could be SLIGHTLY bigger than expected which would mean more chance for a spot. I still consider this fact because well, I just don't see him happening before popular one like king k rool or ridley unless those were INTENDED to not be there. That's just why he has enough popularity but getting before the top doesn't make sense for me.

So, we now have more speculations material: do you think he'll have a place or do you think the roster won't be big enough for him?

And lastly, I expect more support in threads like this one because of what happened with this leak.

A lot of people believed that the leak was the final newcomers but not only the leak lost credibility but also that this assumption has just been disproved 2 times in 3 minutes. What this means is that no matter if the leak is somehow real on shulk and chorus men, Paper Mario is unaffected (except for the roster thing but I explained it). Which is why I expect more people to come here and in other threads because some people tend to mix support and expectation which I personally don't think it makes sense but it is a reason to believe him now.

I was neutral on the characters and I'm happy because it made a better speculation experience until release. I can't wait to speculate now...

EDIT: this also means that I should update the OP as soon as possible. I will start with little changes to then go to big one.
I think the roster will be big enough for him, let´s see... 36 characters + :falco::wolf::ganondorf::popo::jigglypuff::lucas:(cuz Gematsu is dead):ness2::wario::rob::gw::metaknight:= 47 + obvious guys such as K. Rool, Shulk, Ridley and a possible RH rep= 51 Well, given the roster is barely touching Brawl´s final roster size with the STARTING roster I think Paper Mario has a decent shot. But we´ll just have to wait and see

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think the roster will be big enough for him, let´s see... 36 characters + :falco::wolf::ganondorf::popo::jigglypuff::lucas:(cuz Gematsu is dead):ness2::wario::rob::gw::metaknight:= 47 + obvious guys such as K. Rool, Shulk, Ridley and a possible RH rep= 51 Well, given the roster is barely touching Brawl´s final roster size with the STARTING roster I think Paper Mario has a decent shot. But we´ll just have to wait and see
Before, I tough that 51 and not bigger but 4 fe reps, not something I expect from that kind of roster. I think we may be surprise we just have to hope that it would on him.

It really helps him and a lot more cases (a good example is vaati) so I really don't know what will happen.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Do you think G&W hasn't been revealed (officialy) because they are waiting to the Paper Mario trailer? (Because it's the logical pairing for a trailer)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Do you think G&W hasn't been revealed (officialy) because they are waiting to the Paper Mario trailer? (Because it's the logical pairing for a trailer)
I've always said that they are quite different even with a sort of similar body structure (fluid vs not fluid).

I don't know what it would have to do with him but I see either his own trailer or a multiple reveal in one and him as a surprise. In no way I think it's going to be obvious at the beginning.

The thing I see the most fitting is announcing the james anderson game to be Paper mario for WiiU and reveal him at the same time in a video. That is the best case.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Between Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, I'd choose Jr.
But I think Mario deserves to join Link and Samus by being on the roster in two different forms. And Paper Mario best fits that role.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I want Paper Mario a lot (Is the only character who could outdo my Robin hype from this morning), but I see him being a secret character with no released trailer before the 3DS launch. Maybe a Wolf type of deal where he gets one in game but not released on the website or whatever. I shrug.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My hopes are indeed up after today. There's just one obstacle, and that's Sakurai's comment about the remaining newcomer trailers. Now this could mean that there will be secret newcomers who don't receive a trailer, but I've heard that Sakurai stated that ALL newcomers will receive trailers. Will Paper Mario come out on top? He has some extreme competition.

Last edited:

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Please do add me to the supporter list! After so many character reveals, I'm satisfied with the roster. Although, I'll be ecstatic if Paper Mario makes it in! I love every single one of the games (The Thousand-Year Door being my favorite)!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Between Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, I'd choose Jr.
But I think Mario deserves to join Link and Samus by being on the roster in two different forms. And Paper Mario best fits that role.
I don't want him over jr just for the forms but anyway...

It's really preferences because both are worthy additions. The problem I see is it's so unlikely to get both that if one gets in, the other would be disappointed.

That's also the reasons why I took the decision of making a long post to say it on his thread if he ever gets deconfirmed OR, that Paper Mario gets confirmed (though, the later will depends on how people see his chances).

I want Paper Mario a lot (Is the only character who could outdo my Robin hype from this morning), but I see him being a secret character with no released trailer before the 3DS launch. Maybe a Wolf type of deal where he gets one in game but not released on the website or whatever. I shrug.
The only reasons I see him with a trailer is how it could showcase it.

I'll always repeat it because it's the Sakurai effect: you stop being sceptical only upon SEEING the character not HEARING about him.

What I see now is for people who still believe to clone potential, getting a trailer is the best way to show the opposite. It cleared my sceptical for pacman, it can for others with a trailer.

My hopes are indeed up after today. There's just one obstacle, and that's Sakurai's comment about the remaining newcomer trailers. Now this could mean that there will be secret newcomers who don't receive a trailer, but I've heard that Sakurai stated that ALL newcomers will receive trailers. Will Paper Mario come out on top? He has some extreme competition.
They say they'll TRY to make all trailers. Also, one video may equals to multiple reveals so even them. Finally, he wasn't clear on how many video was left (one? two? or three?). I said above that he's more suited with a trailer but those are just the videos anyway so it's doesn't mean that not much newcomers is remaining but yes about videos.

As for coming on the top, well, after let's say: Ridley and king k rool that's sure. After, shulk and the maybe possibility of any rep to rhythm heaven (I honestly need to see it before saying it's worth because I have no idea what it would do). I'll stop there for newcomers he could get here OR between shulk and that rep that is a mystery to me. The thing that could helps is that 4 fe rep it may means bigger roster for more spot not just for him like zelda newcomer or issac.

Basically, more chances but also more possibilities.

Please do add me to the supporter list! After so many character reveals, I'm satisfied with the roster. Although, I'll be ecstatic if Paper Mario makes it in! I love every single one of the games (The Thousand-Year Door being my favorite)!
Added! welcome (I had the idea of posting the we believe in you mario after every like 3 or 5 supporters because it's so appropriate).

It is my favourite game of the series too (my second of all time). It's an

game :awesome:

Also, I called it this is the first time this thread gets 2 posts while I write :)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh for sure, I'd be very down for a trailer and think it would be awesome. I just don't know that I see it happening. But of course, I got a newcomer I wanted but definitely didn't expect today so.. I shrug

I was definitely thinking that PM would possibly be the most unique in regards to the customizable movesets too.

If there's 12 potential B moves per character then that encompasses several of his companions and if you look at the first three games then you've really got a shot at evenly representing them all.

Let's say:

Neutral B:
1) Mario spins around holding Watt in front of him. Not a lot of range but deals electric/burning damage that is nothing to sneeze at.
2) Yoshi Kid pops out and gulps an enemy in front of him, similar to Yoshi's neutral B. However, instead of laying them as an egg, he spits them back out, dealing low damage but being a fair launching move.
3) Mario hits using Cudge as a hammer, dealing moderate damage.

Forward B:
1) Mario flings Bombette forward. She doesn't fly very far and the windup is a bit long but her damage output is spectacular.
2) Koops flings forward and hits for moderate damage. If the shell doesn't hit anything, holding B will keep him in place until it is released, very similar to how he behaves in TYD.
3) Barry places a protective field around Mario during a small dash ahead of him, dealing moderate damage and acting as a shield against projectiles.

Up B:
1) Mario jumps onto Spike/Lakilester's cloud and shoots upward quickly. Small damage output but good recovery.
2) Mario grabs hold of Madame Flurrie's... hand? She blows a strong gust of wind downard, propelling them up. Good recovery. No damage, but opponents underneath will be pushed downwards.
3) Carrie zips up with Mario holding on. No damage output but fantastic recovery.

Down B:
1) Bow turns Mario intangible for a a bit, making him invulnerable & immobile with semifast windup
2) Vivian pulls Mario underground, making him invulnerable, immobile and invisible, very quick windup but not usable in the air.
3) Slim turns Mario sideways, making him all but invisible for a small time. Able to be attacked but also able to move around.

You'll notice that I didn't include Goombario or Goombella. That's because I feel like they'd be best used as an Otacon/General type of cameo on a Paper Mario stage using tattle on enemies, thus have left them out of the moveset.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh for sure, I'd be very down for a trailer and think it would be awesome. I just don't know that I see it happening. But of course, I got a newcomer I wanted but definitely didn't expect today so.. I shrug

I was definitely thinking that PM would possibly be the most unique in regards to the customizable movesets too.

If there's 12 potential B moves per character then that encompasses several of his companions and if you look at the first three games then you've really got a shot at evenly representing them all.

Let's say:

Neutral B:
1) Mario spins around holding Watt in front of him. Not a lot of range but deals electric/burning damage that is nothing to sneeze at.
2) Yoshi Kid pops out and gulps an enemy in front of him, similar to Yoshi's neutral B. However, instead of laying them as an egg, he spits them back out, dealing low damage but being a fair launching move.
3) Mario hits using Cudge as a hammer, dealing moderate damage.

Forward B:
1) Mario flings Bombette forward. She doesn't fly very far and the windup is a bit long but her damage output is spectacular.
2) Koops flings forward and hits for moderate damage. If the shell doesn't hit anything, holding B will keep him in place until it is released, very similar to how he behaves in TYD.
3) Barry places a protective field around Mario during a small dash ahead of him, dealing moderate damage and acting as a shield against projectiles.

Up B:
1) Mario jumps onto Spike/Lakilester's cloud and shoots upward quickly. Small damage output but good recovery.
2) Mario grabs hold of Madame Flurrie's... hand? She blows a strong gust of wind downard, propelling them up. Good recovery. No damage, but opponents underneath will be pushed downwards.
3) Carrie zips up with Mario holding on. No damage output but fantastic recovery.

Down B:
1) Bow turns Mario intangible for a a bit, making him invulnerable & immobile with semifast windup
2) Vivian pulls Mario underground, making him invulnerable, immobile and invisible, very quick windup but not usable in the air.
3) Slim turns Mario sideways, making him all but invisible for a small time. Able to be attacked but also able to move around.

You'll notice that I didn't include Goombario or Goombella. That's because I feel like they'd be best used as an Otacon/General type of cameo on a Paper Mario stage using tattle on enemies, thus have left them out of the moveset.
Ahh OP material YAY!!!

Yeah gombella is a very popular idea for the stage but you just make me think about something for stage.

I just read stage discussion thread and one pointed out something I never tough but it's worth mentioning. My best idea is the theater but glits pit is good too. However, who would wants x-naut foretress? You have to think that it may implies x-naut throwing stuff or magnus as hazard.

Pretty neat idea.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
As for coming on the top, well, after let's say: Ridley and king k rool that's sure. After, shulk and the maybe possibility of any rep to rhythm heaven (I honestly need to see it before saying it's worth because I have no idea what it would do). I'll stop there for newcomers he could get here OR between shulk and that rep that is a mystery to me. The thing that could helps is that 4 fe rep it may means bigger roster for more spot not just for him like zelda newcomer or issac.
FE fans just had the Brinks truck backed up into their driveways and FE is nowhere near Donkey Kong's level in success, which is standing pat at 2 characters as of now. I think it's not unreasonable to believe there could be a 6th representative, but I'll temper my expectations in the interest of sanity. I wouldn't want to start dreaming of 65 character rosters.

Paper Mario is a no brainer. I feel like I would be stating the obvious in making a case for him. He offers no challenge! None. Just look at his sustained success and how important he was to Nintendo's RPG scene during a time when it was considered the company's weakest point, that being the 64 era. Quest was merely passable. Ogre Battle was good, but came when the platform was on its death bed. Hybrid Heaven was love or hate (I liked it). PAPER MARIO brought what little credibility there was to the Nintendo 64's lackluster RPG library. Much love and respect for this character.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
FE fans just had the Brinks truck backed up into their driveways and FE is nowhere near Donkey Kong's level in success, which is standing pat at 2 characters as of now. I think it's not unreasonable to believe there could be a 6th representative, but I'll temper my expectations in the interest of sanity. I wouldn't want to start dreaming of 65 character rosters.

Paper Mario is a no brainer. I feel like I would be stating the obvious in making a case for him. He offers no challenge! None. Just look at his sustained success and how important he was to Nintendo's RPG scene during a time when it was considered the company's weakest point, that being the 64 era. Quest was merely passable. Ogre Battle was good, but came when the platform was on its death bed. Hybrid Heaven was love or hate (I liked it). PAPER MARIO brought what little credibility there was to the Nintendo 64's lackluster RPG library. Much love and respect for this character.
Not 65 but something like 50-55. I tough it was around 51 before it's just that 4 slots is actually a lot for him considering what's left to add.

I did not know this about the n64. I loved earthbound but I wasn't aware of that. I guess I would've to be older to understands that because I think the generation I got my peak was the gamecube. In fact, I love the character not because I played PM64 but TTYD. I did played PM64 young but how much naive I was, I didn't like it (so ironic to lead this thread today but today that's the opposite).

Maybe it was due to that cancelled mother game? Anyway, that was interesting to hear. He really just have everything for smash that's not a problem.

EDIT: Check the new changes in the OP it's more Paper Mario now!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I love the Hey Gorgeous font so much. I've consistently used it for many a project at work.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
A lot of activity today, eh? I'm still a strong supporter here.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Hey, wanted to pop in and say that I support this new character! I love the Paper Mario series as a whole (well...except for the crappy sticker one) and Paper Mario would make for a great addition to the Mario franchise and Smash character. He is definitely up there with my most wanted characters for this game, I fell in love with Paper Mario the moment I started playing it for the first time. Also, I love your ideas!! They sound great, and I really hope he makes it in :D

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
I for one thinks Paper Mario is an even better character than Toon Link ! Plus I would also like to join the supporters list please ! :)

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hey, guys. Can you add me in as a Paper Mario supporter?
Paper Mario is one of my most wanted newcomers, along with Shulk, Ridley, Ghirahim, as well as Mewtwo's return.
Though, if he is in, I'm really hoping that Sakurai will take more from the first 3 Paper Marios rather than Sticker Star.
God, I hated Sticker Star.

Plus, we REALLY need TTYD and SPM music, which was painfully absent in Brawl. I'd love tracks like X-Naut Fortress, Vs. Shadow Queen Part 2, Champion of Destruction, The Ultimate Show... and so on.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Plus, we REALLY need TTYD and SPM music, which was painfully absent in Brawl. I'd love tracks like X-Naut Fortress, Vs. Shadow Queen Part 2, Champion of Destruction, The Ultimate Show... and so on.
Yeah I agree. I was very upset after realizing that the amount of content from Paper Mario was low. If there's not at least a couple of songs, I'll probably riot.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
4 replies in a day when I come back? Wow, I called it but thanks for your support and to confirm me that there will be better support for threads like this one.
Dat snazzy new OP tho...
Yeah, I'm even impressed that it could look THAT good. Especially the counterarguments section if you got why I choose those window :) There will be more changes like this so it can be even better!

I love the Hey Gorgeous font so much. I've consistently used it for many a project at work.
I found this font so cute. It's hard to explain but it just look... lovely. That capital W though... is gorgeous!

A lot of activity today, eh? I'm still a strong supporter here.
There's more activity because of the announcement Monday that as funny as it sounds doesn't have anything to do directly with Paper Mario but stuff like sal leak confirmed partially true and not the finals newcomers. What helps a lot of threads like this is 4 fe rep because it gives an idea that if 4 fe rep exist in it, I expect more rep for other series too so it boost chances of characters like vaati or Paper Mario. Though, the sal not being the final newcomers was expected since my way of seeing Ridley says that it would be questionable to not be playable and if it's true, sal shouldn't be the remainning one. What I'm glad is that it's now clear so people will understands that and better support which does affect this one (check geno and bowser jr thread those kept dying before and this one had a lack for some days).

Hey, I remember you asked to be in the supporters while I was OP but for some reasons, you're not there. I'll fix it now but that's weird I check and watch this thread every time.

Hey, wanted to pop in and say that I support this new character! I love the Paper Mario series as a whole (well...except for the crappy sticker one) and Paper Mario would make for a great addition to the Mario franchise and Smash character. He is definitely up there with my most wanted characters for this game, I fell in love with Paper Mario the moment I started playing it for the first time. Also, I love your ideas!! They sound great, and I really hope he makes it in :D
Added! thanks. I put every ideas in the OP as it follows the showcase of my "infinite potential" so, if you have anything to add, post it and chances are that I could add it in the OP.

I for one thinks Paper Mario is an even better character than Toon Link ! Plus I would also like to join the supporters list please ! :)
added! The main reasons I liked toon link more than link even if he was a semi clone was because of the shade of green used. I tend to like flashy colors especially green. That and the whole design. Paper Mario not only has that design that just fits me but also isn't a clone/semi-clone naturally. So, in this way, yes I think he's better than toon link.

Hey, guys. Can you add me in as a Paper Mario supporter?
Paper Mario is one of my most wanted newcomers, along with Shulk, Ridley, Ghirahim, as well as Mewtwo's return.
Though, if he is in, I'm really hoping that Sakurai will take more from the first 3 Paper Marios rather than Sticker Star.
God, I hated Sticker Star.

added! Like @ Rockaphin Rockaphin just said, I was too very upset on how the general repping of the game got screwed up and now, I'm convinced that it was due to how they managed the implementation of SSE which is now removed. I simply don't understand that just TTYD alone doesn't have more recognition but the whole series? This is absurd since all the music you named are more than smash material (that and we believe in you mario!). A single music is the bare minimum like honestly with 4 fe rep and a third party trophy rep, there's really no excuse to have better repping now. Let's hope it can get as far and fantastic as getting a playable rep. It can happen since we believe in you mario! :)

Also, I do understand the hate towards sticker star simply because I explained a page earlier how the concept doesn't make any sense at all. It's like a fake RPG if you want. spm however, made sense but I still have to play one day (I just want to focus on thread for now but we'll see).

Finally, I suggest to have another stage idea in the OP. I know that the one here is probably the best idea but I noticed that you can have other stages that unfortunately I'm not creative enough to do them. So, if you could give an idea for the OP, it would be
:awesome:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Love the new OP! Though, you should consider changing that neon-green text.

Anyways... Paper Mario's Moveset has been discussed here a lot, and I think we have agreed that it would end up in one of three ways:
1. Paper Mario fights without the assistance of his partners.
2. Paper Mario fights using some of his partners, which he summons out of hammerspace to use for that particular attack.
3. Paper Mario is assisted by partners who always follow him and change his moveset slightly depending on who is selected. A special move would be used to cycle through his partners.

Basically, I'm wondering which option appeals to each of you?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Love the new OP! Though, you should consider changing that neon-green text.

Anyways... Paper Mario's Moveset has been discussed here a lot, and I think we have agreed that it would end up in one of three ways:
1. Paper Mario fights without the assistance of his partners.
2. Paper Mario fights using some of his partners, which he summons out of hammerspace to use for that particular attack.
3. Paper Mario is assisted by partners who always follow him and change his moveset slightly depending on who is selected. A special move would be used to cycle through his partners.

Basically, I'm wondering which option appeals to each of you?
Option 3 sounds amazing, however I feel the limitations from the 3DS would cause some issues. I'm all in for option 2 as well.

Top Bottom