• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd like to know what Sakurai and his team thinks of Paper Mario. For instance, I'd like to know where Paper Mario ranks in the character decision process and the discussions pertaining to him.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I'll never stop believing in Paper Mario. Even if things start to look very unlikely, there's always a chance. Sakurai has always surprised people before.
I believe DLC is a possibility solely because the next Smash Bros after 3DS and Wii U won't be around for a VERY long time..and they'd need to keep the hype for the game alive with new things every now and then. I don't see DLC as unlikely.
Whether or not Paper Mario himself would be DLC..
I feel that, aside from some cut characters being potential DLC, I feel that maybe the top 5 characters that Sakurai considered for fighters, but didn't make the cut, would be DLC.
So, if Paper Mario isn't in the full roster, because he already has so much more representation in this game than in others (Stage and music), I feel he'd have a strong chance at being a DLC character--Sakurai has proven that he's considered him, in my eyes at least.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hmph! The leak made everyone lose faith in him (and others), and though his chances aren't quite promising, I'll not give up on Paper Mario. Like with Ridley, or with Lip, I'm not gonna take any of this as a defeat and call it a day. I'll support him and see him as a potential newcomer regardless of these hardships and, until Sakurai says so, or until the Japanese reveal shows us the full roster (or gets leaked before that), you can bet I'll hold faith in him 'till the end.

Paper Mario 4 Smash 4!

(Dang, l had "We believe in you, Mario" playing in my mind as I wrote and I probably just typed the most beautiful thing ever, holy moley)

EDIT: Say, I was at the very bottom of the Supporter's list, as if I just began supporting him, though I do recall coming here and saying I supported way back.

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
I feel that Sakurai would want to reveal one of the 5 characters that have not yet been leaked next. I think that Paper Mario would be the perfect Trojan Horse character, making people believe that the leak is fake, whether it is or isn't. The reason he would be the prime candidate is because he's a Mario character. Before the leaks, no one expected any more Mario newcomers to come after Rosalina. This leak shows 2 more Mario characters, so Paper Mario would fool anyone into thinking that the leak is somehow fake because of COURSE there can't be more than one more Mario newcomer, right? The leak has already proven them wrong, and since Sakurai obviously doesn't care about over representation (which honestly no one should) it's completely possible that we have Jr., Doc, and PM on the way. Anyway, I'd like to share my idea of a trailer, since Aldelaro seems to like them.
Smash logo appears in flames, as always. Suddenly, the scene from the first reveal with the Animal Crossing Villager appears on the screen. He opens his letter, and runs off exactly as he did in the original trailer. This should confuse many people watching the reveal, making them think that Nintendo accidentally showed off the wrong trailer, possibly causing them to leave. (Ha, just like when you mess up in battle causing the audience to leave :p) Suddenly, something new happens. Along with the Smash Bros. invitation that the Villager got, another piece of paper slips out. It transforms into a paper tube and begins rolling down one of the village's many paths. Then, the screen cuts to all of the previous newcomer reveals (in very short clips) going along with the offbeat parts of the main theme in the first trailer, while you-know-who's movements are on the jumpier beats. Villager! (Forms into paper tube) MegaMan! (Rolls along path) Wii Fit Trainer! (Rolls off cliff into paper airplane) Rosalina! Little Mac! Greninja! (Lands into water and turns into a paper boat) Palutena! (Boat sailing in day) Pac-Man! (Boat sailing at night) Robin! (Boat in day again) Once the buildup of the song is over, the song continues to the main tune, with gameplay on Tortimer Island. After the first 2 parts of the song, the music suddenly stops as if it were a screeching record player. The fighters have stopped what they were doing and are looking toward the edge of the island where they see a paper boat floating toward shore. One of the fighters, Mario, is peering over the dock at the flimsy boat. Suddenly, it jumps up out of the water and knocks Mario back toward the island, and as it unfolds... Paper Mario Folds into Battle!! The screen transitions to the S.S. Flavion where Paper Mario is simply jumping around, avoiding other fighters' attacks. When he slams his hammer into another player, the screen transforms into the WiiU stage, The Theater! Paper Mario is now ready to battle, and uses his many abilities and partners to aid him against the other enemies he faces. These scenes also show off the remaining 2 transformations on the 3DS stage, from both Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, as well as a majority of his moves. Once Paper Mario defeats his enemies, his victory screen shows up with the Battle Victory fanfare music in the background. Fade into Paper Mario checking his Mailbox SP in Hither Thither Hill. A sausage hits him from the back of the head, interrupting his E-Mail checking. As he looks behind him, Mr. Game and Watch appears on screen and waves his flag above his head, while Paper Mario gives a thumbs up to the camera. Fade to black as they walk offscreen.
Don't give up yet, Paper Mario fans. His partners believed in him, as well as everyone else in The Thousand Year Door. We need to believe in him as well. Thank you.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Smash logo appears in flames, as always. Suddenly, the scene from the first reveal with the Animal Crossing Villager appears on the screen. He opens his letter, and runs off exactly as he did in the original trailer. This should confuse many people watching the reveal, making them think that Nintendo accidentally showed off the wrong trailer, possibly causing them to leave. (Ha, just like when you mess up in battle causing the audience to leave :p) Suddenly, something new happens. Along with the Smash Bros. invitation that the Villager got, another piece of paper slips out. It transforms into a paper tube and begins rolling down one of the village's many paths. Then, the screen cuts to all of the previous newcomer reveals (in very short clips) going along with the offbeat parts of the main theme in the first trailer, while you-know-who's movements are on the jumpier beats. Villager! (Forms into paper tube) MegaMan! (Rolls along path) Wii Fit Trainer! (Rolls off cliff into paper airplane) Rosalina! Little Mac! Greninja! (Lands into water and turns into a paper boat) Palutena! (Boat sailing in day) Pac-Man! (Boat sailing at night) Robin! (Boat in day again) Once the buildup of the song is over, the song continues to the main tune, with gameplay on Tortimer Island. After the first 2 parts of the song, the music suddenly stops as if it were a screeching record player. The fighters have stopped what they were doing and are looking toward the edge of the island where they see a paper boat floating toward shore. One of the fighters, Mario, is peering over the dock at the flimsy boat. Suddenly, it jumps up out of the water and knocks Mario back toward the island, and as it unfolds... Paper Mario Folds into Battle!! The screen transitions to the S.S. Flavion where Paper Mario is simply jumping around, avoiding other fighters' attacks. When he slams his hammer into another player, the screen transforms into the WiiU stage, The Theater! Paper Mario is now ready to battle, and uses his many abilities and partners to aid him against the other enemies he faces. These scenes also show off the remaining 2 transformations on the 3DS stage, from both Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, as well as a majority of his moves. Once Paper Mario defeats his enemies, his victory screen shows up with the Battle Victory fanfare music in the background. Fade into Paper Mario checking his Mailbox SP in Hither Thither Hill. A sausage hits him from the back of the head, interrupting his E-Mail checking. As he looks behind him, Mr. Game and Watch appears on screen and waves his flag above his head, while Paper Mario gives a thumbs up to the camera. Fade to black as they walk offscreen.
I love this trailer idea!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I feel that Sakurai would want to reveal one of the 5 characters that have not yet been leaked next. I think that Paper Mario would be the perfect Trojan Horse character, making people believe that the leak is fake, whether it is or isn't. The reason he would be the prime candidate is because he's a Mario character. Before the leaks, no one expected any more Mario newcomers to come after Rosalina. This leak shows 2 more Mario characters, so Paper Mario would fool anyone into thinking that the leak is somehow fake because of COURSE there can't be more than one more Mario newcomer, right? The leak has already proven them wrong, and since Sakurai obviously doesn't care about over representation (which honestly no one should) it's completely possible that we have Jr., Doc, and PM on the way. Anyway, I'd like to share my idea of a trailer, since Aldelaro seems to like them.
Don't give up yet, Paper Mario fans. His partners believed in him, as well as everyone else in The Thousand Year Door. We need to believe in him as well. Thank you.
I hope that you're right, and that Paper Mario would crush people's belief in leaks. Because, if not, people are going to see Paper Mario as the NINTH representative of the Mario series (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Yoshi). Regardless of how he plays or how unique he is, he would be instantly hated for that.

I think it would be better to crush the leaks first, with a different character not on the radar (like Isaac), and then bring in Paper Mario. Revealing him before the leaks are crushed would destroy public opinion of the character, I fear.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm afraid that Bowser Jr. took Paper Mario's spot, but I'm not giving up DLC is an extremely realistic possibility.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, doing replies as usual and we'll start:

3 days before the stage reveal...lol.

I didn't watch the full video, but it's basically a moveset idea. Can't say we don't have enough, but I can say that it can go infinitely so there are still gladly welcome.

I loved that trailer :)

As for trojan horse, ok, repping doesn't matter = can be a mario rep.

However, due to the particular case we have, putting him as own series would "sadly" remove this "hate". I found really weird that people base their opinion on series while Sakurai doesn't. The thing is, I see him more as own series (and apparently with the stage, so is Sakurai) than a mario rep and this is explained in the OP under "series representation". In the end, it's just a design decision, details. That's like the SS Flavion: we don't see the player because front wall = remove the front wall. That's not complicated and so, would be an unjustified hate (I don't even expect this because it's a trailer it's made to make him look awesome and we know why he is right? versatility that's what most people want and don't want clones).

Also, just wanted to point it out, M&L music is mario series and didn't get a stage so far...To be continued...

I'd like to know what Sakurai and his team thinks of Paper Mario. For instance, I'd like to know where Paper Mario ranks in the character decision process and the discussions pertaining to him.
I'm going to be honest with you: if we know, he was confirmed already and if we don't, there's a very likely chance he was considered.

You may be sceptical about playable, but just having a stage really would implies that there was some consideration that was made. Whether or not he was playable because of these...that may not be known, but being considered is really likely at the very least and we just can't prove it.

So, yes I would gladly hear that, but Sakurai never talks about deconfirmed, but considered AFTER if it was not obvious. Chrom was made to do his statement the same day (or was it the day after?) so it was obvious there. As for him, it's not really, but you know that I have reasons to be still believe playable.

Ok, now that formalities are done, let's start my hype speech!

I EXTREMELY recommend to download this wav file of "We believe in you Mario!" and listen to it in loop. Size is around 20-25 mb and is WAY BETTER than mp3 in accuracy and quality:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m4vdrgosgq5hpl/evt_vce1_32k.wav?dl=0

If you don't want to use it (you'll regret it), here's the usual youtube link:

It's been a long time already.
We got rough so many hurdles.
So many risks.
With so many dreams.
So much ideas.
So much love.
And it still doesn't seem to end.

Why we got so far you ask?
Because of the strong bond we had for him.
Because of our past with him.
Because of our engraved memories that won't be forgotten.

Add all this together, it makes our ambition solid.

But those connection was in sleep waiting to be awakened.
One had to awaken them to unfolds those connections.
So they can be used with full potential.

As space was dying into the abyss, one came:

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

I had a very strong connection recently awoken when I came.
Strong enough to do everything to gather those connections.
And going through every possible challenge.

It started in dark times where belief was corrupted.
We know this time as "Sal".
But I went trough it by spreading my goal.
And it did awoken some.
Even with how difficult it was.
We slowly started to be more hopeful and dreams together.
The home was becoming longer and longer as ideas came.

Then, the E3 came.
Among dozens of figures and other hope crushed.
We stayed alive.
But it was close to end without warning.
So the hopes stayed and became slowly bigger.

Then, the "Sal" period was done.
So even more came.
That's where the home was becoming our dreams.
And making others envied.
I even got recognition among others.
As for being determined to guide you all here.
And awaken your connections.
As well as sharing loves everywhere.

But then, a miracle happened on July 29 2014.
A day that shall be remembered by all of us.
So many cheers.
So much joy.
And so much encouragement alerts.
It's the true form of excitement.
With a familiar location.
Lived in our connections.
Being the truth.

Since this day, it became crazy it our dreams.
Most of connections awaken instantly and came here.
And the home was just amazing.
To think we all made this.
Is just a proof of our determination.

Now, we're living the darkest time.
But with what I gathered in the home.
No one can stop us now.
Since I prepared us for this.
We can pass it easily.
Since we care so much.

It's the last sprint.
Let's give our best.
Because our bonds never dies.
With how much stronger they are.
We can don anything.

And to conclude, let me say it out loudly with my fist in the air:

We
Believe
In
You
Paper Mario!!!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

No matters how it will end
We shall not cry until the end
Stay together my partners

Aldelaro5 said:
We were destined to live the end together.
And...done!

I meant it to get ready for it for a reason :)

If you like it, I may put this at the end of the OP if you want.

Also, I want to announce that I'm currently in the preparation process to start the DLC campaign on twitter as I decided that my support was strong enough to do it endlessly.

I think he's there without DLC, but I don't care anymore, I support if not.

I will tell you when it's ready and I'll be the account owner.

To conclude this post, I may explain why later, but I have credits to do:

This post is dedicated to @ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9 for helping me to recover and delivering you this message before doing what I found undoable and still find it undoable. As such, your name will appear right under mine in the list.

Let's be clear:

I WILL NOT LEAVE MY FUNCTION AS OP HERE!!!

Aldelaro5 - C'mon, let's believe in Paper Mario for the last sprint.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Ok, doing replies as usual and we'll start:

3 days before the stage reveal...lol.

I didn't watch the full video, but it's basically a moveset idea. Can't say we don't have enough, but I can say that it can go infinitely so there are still gladly welcome.

I loved that trailer :)

As for trojan horse, ok, repping doesn't matter = can be a mario rep.

However, due to the particular case we have, putting him as own series would "sadly" remove this "hate". I found really weird that people base their opinion on series while Sakurai doesn't. The thing is, I see him more as own series (and apparently with the stage, so is Sakurai) than a mario rep and this is explained in the OP under "series representation". In the end, it's just a design decision, details. That's like the SS Flavion: we don't see the player because front wall = remove the front wall. That's not complicated and so, would be an unjustified hate (I don't even expect this because it's a trailer it's made to make him look awesome and we know why he is right? versatility that's what most people want and don't want clones).

Also, just wanted to point it out, M&L music is mario series and didn't get a stage so far...To be continued...

I'm going to be honest with you: if we know, he was confirmed already and if we don't, there's a very likely chance he was considered.

You may be sceptical about playable, but just having a stage really would implies that there was some consideration that was made. Whether or not he was playable because of these...that may not be known, but being considered is really likely at the very least and we just can't prove it.

So, yes I would gladly hear that, but Sakurai never talks about deconfirmed, but considered AFTER if it was not obvious. Chrom was made to do his statement the same day (or was it the day after?) so it was obvious there. As for him, it's not really, but you know that I have reasons to be still believe playable.

Ok, now that formalities are done, let's start my hype speech!

I EXTREMELY recommend to download this wav file of "We believe in you Mario!" and listen to it in loop. Size is around 20-25 mb and is WAY BETTER than mp3 in accuracy and quality:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m4vdrgosgq5hpl/evt_vce1_32k.wav?dl=0

If you don't want to use it (you'll regret it), here's the usual youtube link:

It's been a long time already.
We got rough so many hurdles.
So many risks.
With so many dreams.
So much ideas.
So much love.
And it still doesn't seem to end.

Why we got so far you ask?
Because of the strong bond we had for him.
Because of our past with him.
Because of our engraved memories that won't be forgotten.

Add all this together, it makes our ambition solid.

But those connection was in sleep waiting to be awakened.
One had to awaken them to unfolds those connections.
So they can be used with full potential.

As space was dying into the abyss, one came:

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

I had a very strong connection recently awoken when I came.
Strong enough to do everything to gather those connections.
And going through every possible challenge.

It started in dark times where belief was corrupted.
We know this time as "Sal".
But I went trough it by spreading my goal.
And it did awoken some.
Even with how difficult it was.
We slowly started to be more hopeful and dreams together.
The home was becoming longer and longer as ideas came.

Then, the E3 came.
Among dozens of figures and other hope crushed.
We stayed alive.
But it was close to end without warning.
So the hopes stayed and became slowly bigger.

Then, the "Sal" period was done.
So even more came.
That's where the home was becoming our dreams.
And making others envied.
I even got recognition among others.
As for being determined to guide you all here.
And awaken your connections.
As well as sharing loves everywhere.

But then, a miracle happened on July 29 2014.
A day that shall be remembered by all of us.
So many cheers.
So much joy.
And so much encouragement alerts.
It's the true form of excitement.
With a familiar location.
Lived in our connections.
Being the truth.

Since this day, it became crazy it our dreams.
Most of connections awaken instantly and came here.
And the home was just amazing.
To think we all made this.
Is just a proof of our determination.

Now, we're living the darkest time.
But with what I gathered in the home.
No one can stop us now.
Since I prepared us for this.
We can pass it easily.
Since we care so much.

It's the last sprint.
Let's give our best.
Because our bonds never dies.
With how much stronger they are.
We can don anything.

And to conclude, let me say it out loudly with my fist in the air:

We
Believe
In
You
Paper Mario!!!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

No matters how it will end
We shall not cry until the end
Stay together my partners

And...done!

I meant it to get ready for it for a reason :)

If you like it, I may put this at the end of the OP if you want.

Also, I want to announce that I'm currently in the preparation process to start the DLC campaign on twitter as I decided that my support was strong enough to do it endlessly.

I think he's there without DLC, but I don't care anymore, I support if not.

I will tell you when it's ready and I'll be the account owner.

To conclude this post, I may explain why later, but I have credits to do:

This post is dedicated to @ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9 for helping me to recover and delivering you this message before doing what I found undoable and still find it undoable. As such, your name will appear right under mine in the list.

Let's be clear:

I WILL NOT LEAVE MY FUNCTION AS OP HERE!!!

Aldelaro5 - C'mon, let's believe in Paper Mario for the last sprint.
That was....................beautiful......
MY PAPER MARIO HYPE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS STRONG!!!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
You should add this to the OP, everyone needs to see this!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Dude, I wanna just join you guys aboard the Hype Star for Paper Mario. I've stuck with Danger Mario onto the Final Battle in the first game and I'm gonna do the same here. Lend him your energy- I mean, your wishes!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That was....................beautiful......
MY PAPER MARIO HYPE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS STRONG!!!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
You should add this to the OP, everyone needs to see this!
You....will not believe this: it screwed my edit power.

This is really not a joke and it should tell you how much the OP has.

When you post on the site, there's a character limit that when it's reached, you can still view, like, report or get the post link, but you can't do any operation that requires you to queue its content. Right now, if you click on reply in the OP, it should give you a 502 error because the amount of characters it queued is too much. You can fix this by not using the rich editor in your preference (this is the usual default editor that is convenient to use). You're stuck with a basic editor that is advanced, but is far from convenient. You see every BBcode and you have to use the full syntax to make them work instead of the convenient buttons.

The thing is, edit does an error too so I kept getting error and I had to contact mods to then be told the issue above.

I can still edit it, but until I try to remove unessential stuff (you won't see them as it's just missplaced tag), I can't use the rich editor.

I made a 5 hours essay on Ridley and it doesn't have that issue. That means that the limit is VERY high.

We had to do tons of moveset, a complete stage idea, an essay on his chance to teasing, an hype speech, detailed counterarguments explanation, descriptions, several tattles, several music, more than 100 supporters tags and lots...CRAZY amount of images to reach this limit.

That's so funny. It really shows you that the OP is so infinite that not even smashboards can process it and you get an error if you try to queue it even from the OP!

I can't believe how crazy it went, but the speech is in the OP now.

I wonder how I would archive all of this if confirmed.

Thank you all for your support!

Dude, I wanna just join you guys aboard the Hype Star for Paper Mario. I've stuck with Danger Mario onto the Final Battle in the first game and I'm gonna do the same here. Lend him your energy- I mean, your wishes!
Thanks!

I already sent mine yesterday though :)

No actually, since 4 months I kept sending so...should be enough.

You're going to be added after I switch my default editor (gosh, this is so crazy).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This new Japanese Smash Trailer has something interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU&
Around 1:21 or so, we see Hither Thither from Sticker Star--I believe in the Final Destination form.
Ok, this is now so confusing.

They like talk about it and show stuff, but they sort of just leave them there. It's like you could skip it on first watch what are they trying to hide for the love of god?

It's like they act that we knew already.

Also, this direct leaves more question than answers from what HAS NOT been talked. There's too much topic not answered to end this in 2 weeks without a batch of info.

It's definetly not the end, but when is it?

Let's stay tuned...there might be another direct and this trailer was definetly not the last.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Let's stay tuned...there might be another direct and this trailer was definetly not the last.
Especially since, according to GameXplain, there is a Smash 3DS media event at PAX. Maybe we'll learn more about the Paper Mario stage from possible new gameplay? :D

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Especially since, according to GameXplain, there is a Smash 3DS media event at PAX. Maybe we'll learn more about the Paper Mario stage from possible new gameplay? :D
If the stage is there...that's a problem.

What would solidify the tease is to actually not be there.

I just tough about it, was there any evidences in the leak about the icon?

Anyway, you just don't want to tell too much or present the info and let the people play with them. You would just like what just happened show footage and not even acknowledge it was new.

I'm going to beat TTYD THIS NIGHT!!!

And I'm probably going to start SPM.

I'm so hype now. I actually listened to ultimate show the whole direct in loop. So much satisfying!

They seriously need to announce a WiiU stage because this music would be so good.

Even hyping the fight...that's so fitting.

I just want that while the DLC twitter starts today, that you take this weekend to gather your thoughs. Everything can happen now and I have no idea when it will, but week end are safe. So, please, take this time to think about him again on his inclusion.

I'll do a bigger post about it if I get replies.

Snipe

Smash Cadet
If the Paper Mario support thread was its own country, its supporters would be called partners. Also, there will also be a protective barrier called the "Great Wall of aldelaro5's Texts" to prevent leaks, antisemitism, and trolls to demoralize supporters with long, well thought-out essays on why Paper Mario should be in Smash Bros 4 (For example, Paper Mario is way too different from Mario to be a clone). However, when even the most convincing leaks (even though it is true by now) crack the "Great Wall of aldelaro5's Texts", there is MegaMarioMan9 to refurnish and rebuild that wall to restore the hope that is Paper Mario's appearance in Smash Bros.

Although the video and the roster leaked are most likely true, the leaker who leaked it did say there were more characters, so there is a chance (even small as it is) that Paper Mario may be in the final game without DLC. If the time comes when he DOESN'T get in the final game or as DLC, this thread should not die off because giving up would just discourage Paper Mario support, considering this is the main Paper Mario support thread in the world, so this would in turn lower his chances of ever being in the game. An example on how important moral is, Paper Mario support boomed when his stage was revealed for the 3DS version of Smash Bros. (Hell, even the Chorus Kids' support grew when the Sal Leak appeared. Now look at Duck Hunt Dog; huge support from the recent leak and growing even more with the Shulk reveal today), and the many thoughts of the people who had the idea of Paper Mario being in the game as a result of his stage was 99% positive (Take a look at this poll link http://www.ranker.com/list/super-smash-bros-wishlist-of-new-characters-/alexanderray . He is #5 out of at least 200 characters with the vote of over 1000 people). Anyways, keep up the work guys! If we are able to increase supporters gradually, his chances of being in Smash Bros. will only just grow.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If the Paper Mario support thread was its own country, its supporters would be called partners. Also, there will also be a protective barrier called the "Great Wall of aldelaro5's Texts" to prevent leaks, antisemitism, and trolls to demoralize supporters with long, well thought-out essays on why Paper Mario should be in Smash Bros 4 (For example, Paper Mario is way too different from Mario to be a clone). However, when even the most convincing leaks (even though it is true by now) crack the "Great Wall of aldelaro5's Texts", there is MegaMarioMan9 to refurnish and rebuild that wall to restore the hope that is Paper Mario's appearance in Smash Bros.

Although the video and the roster leaked are most likely true, the leaker who leaked it did say there were more characters, so there is a chance (even small as it is) that Paper Mario may be in the final game without DLC. If the time comes when he DOESN'T get in the final game or as DLC, this thread should not die off because giving up would just discourage Paper Mario support, considering this is the main Paper Mario support thread in the world, so this would in turn lower his chances of ever being in the game. An example on how important moral is, Paper Mario support boomed when his stage was revealed for the 3DS version of Smash Bros. (Hell, even the Chorus Kids' support grew when the Sal Leak appeared. Now look at Duck Hunt Dog; huge support from the recent leak and growing even more with the Shulk reveal today), and the many thoughts of the people who had the idea of Paper Mario being in the game as a result of his stage was 99% positive (Take a look at this poll link http://www.ranker.com/list/super-smash-bros-wishlist-of-new-characters-/alexanderray . He is #5 out of at least 200 characters with the vote of over 1000 people). Anyways, keep up the work guys! If we are able to increase supporters gradually, his chances of being in Smash Bros. will only just grow.
Ok, I have a lots of stuff to say so really, thanks for this long reply.

First, what actually happened last Monday and Tuesday and why @ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9 deserved those credits?

Monday, when I learned of the leak (imagine me in the college in breaks on the very first day of me in college ever), I was worried, but not for the leak being real, I was worried about supports here. I was worried to loose people even if I think he's still likely.

When I came home and checked, I realised that it was the truth. I did lost most of the activity I gained since that July 29 and in all those 4 months of reputation (oh, yeah, if I wasn't there, I don't think this thread would be that much hype since I literally got alert spammed and several tags was from here).

So, I kinda tried in a desperate attempt to tell he's still likely, but I realised that not much read the thread.

Ok, every supporters here, from now on, this part will be very depressive and so, if you dislike me for what I'll say, just tell you that I wasn't in my normal state and that I'm very sorry for that.

I was viewing the problem in the completely opposite way I should have viewed it. Since the beginning, I had a pretty strict mindset of not mixing expectations and supports and only bring chances as a topic, but put priority on support talk. It got well until I started to think about the tease.

You remember when I said it was an obsession? Well, it was too much that it became to haunt me enough to break this mindset and basically breaking supports here gradually without being conscious of it. I wasn't aware that what I was doing wasn't good for the health of the thread and the leak was when everything fell down on my shoulder.

I sort of had the very wrong belief that I was doing what I should and that the only problem would be the supporters not believing. It really got intense with what I gave on this thread so I had a lot of sadness. To tell you how sad I was to loose 4 months of hard work, I was listening in loop final hours from majora's mask hours after hours and guess what: nothing could describe my feels better than this music. Sadly, it was a perfect fit with my situation.

Then, it kinda went into me being angry against supporters by slowly and with a slight regret dropping little by little support. The star thing was exactly what I should NOT do and I did it anyway. Then, it got worse like removing suggestion in the OP, claiming to loose faith in supporters and I'll say it, even to the point of cancelling the DLC campaing. I was really not in my normal state, but I was in a depressed state since I care so much about this thread.

But I realised it didn't do anything. Then, it got into insanity.

I mean "insanity" I'm serious I host a PM conversation with some supporters here (I added memamario recently before the leak, going to be important) and i claimed that it was so useless to be OP that I said "I'm an idiot".

If you want a proof, there's a post I made in the ridley thread that would imply that I said the same thing 3 times and went crazy on that.

Then, I was just thinking about doing the worse:

yes, I had the tough of leaving the thread after verdict even if confirmed.

I somehow wanted to end this. I wasn't aware of how it would be the worst mistake ever UNTIL, I read a post.

I told my problems in the PM and megamario replied...he saved me and the health of the thread.

I was wondering why I became OP in the first place and he told me that it was because of the thread falling apart before and I was the one who made the supporters gather together for giving ideas, hope and sharing our love about the games we loved the most.

I...couldn't emotionally take it. Really, it hit a VERY sensible cord and made it awaken. When I started to cry, I immediately started song of healing...I haven't in my life for so long it's crazy.

Song of healing was exactly what I was feeling. I was crying of sadness and joy to do all this. To ignore it was why I reacted that much, I was feeling bad towards myself.

It took around 30 minutes and I reverted everything back to normal at the end.

When I got healed by the song (it literally did that on the moment), something amazing happened: I was regaining my determination I lost since a month.

And it went crazy. I was becoming like hyper excited and I felt unbeatable. Really, it capped my hype feel in an unimaginable level and I was so much motivated that I had to start we believe in you mario.

Then, skyfox was happy to post here because I just told him there will be a DLC campaign. The hype thing I was talking had to be done to fix everything and that's why I could like break a wall or something. Really, that's why I was so much motivated it's because I got that no leaks will change what I made in the threads: support growing and even made some people joined (I know for a fact since he told me that Rckaphin joined to support him and I was the main reason he got an account for same purpose).

So, it explains the huge hype speech I did. megamario was added recently to same PM conversation and it was the best decision I made. That's why I give him that much credits and I'm glad it's over now.

There we go, you know everything. Again, I'm sorry for having those thoughts, but you don't have to worry anymore :)

Now the poll...THE HECK???

I voted on that poll when he was at like 100 and now, he's at 239???

I know the same poll stiff suffer from the bad idea of providing a downvote button, but only take upvote in consideration, it;s quite crazy.

I guess another reasons to hope :)

As for support grow, there will be a DLC campaign very soon (like today if @ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 is doing the setup). I got that I'm ready to support endlessly after release. The thread here won't stay forever if he's [deconfirmed however. Like, technically, it would become useless and locked, but that also means html file and distribute the link of the first page to read the OP as it was. I'll still support the campaign though and my 4 months here really could help for reputation.

Finally, I love that analogy. I might be tempted to put it on my bio in my profile under my best Sakurai's quote, but we'll see. Thanks for writing this and don't worry, the walls is fixed now :)

Before ending this, I said I was going a little deeper, but I need to say this.

If you remember the Friday before E3 2014, I made a post about considering both outcome to just realise that in the facts, the game was looking so promising anyway and so, we should just get what is granted to be really good. I checked old potds to realize how much speculations has changed that much in a year. That's crazy. I remember seeing a lot of negative comments because of brawl experience and progressively, hype took over and it became really good (minus this f***ing sal leak). I wanted that people remembers that the game is going to be good and we should just be happy to see that even if it doesn't have what we wanted the most. Our hope could have been crushed just like that, no turn back, zero, go home and everything.

Today, everything can happen. The leak has a weird spot for yoshi and I wonder if it's a coincidence for unlockable as well as not even showing the name and icon of the Paper Mario stage in the video when the name was confirmed 9 days before. The thing is, nothing tells what will happen and we should just take a time to think about the situation and just be happy with what we got.

Guys, we got a freaking stage. Do you know how much support thread would give everything they can to get there? Do you realize you much praised this series is in smash now? Really, we really are so lucky to have that treatment because even with the leak, his chances are still high and this leak is far more real than sal was (sarcasm btw since it got false).

And getting the TTYD composer as a bonus, we have everything to be happy with just that. Just imagine if it was going differently like it's not Paper Mario that was showed at E3, but Paper Peach. Really, imagine if he was showed there, dead. No compensation or any consolation prize, no just dead by shotgun.

As I said in the E3 speech:

We all hope, we all dream, we all support but the reality is that it just may not happens. We need to be ready to take this.

The original speech was there:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...-you-paper-mario.324473/page-13#post-16847461

So, I hope you take this week end as relax as possible to just think about all of it globally. Just think about how far we came that alone is worth remembering forever even if he's not in.

Here's chapter ending theme (not hype enough for we believ in you mario):

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I support.
Thanks and you're added!

Ok everyone, me and skyfox are trying to find a name for the campaign, but we don't know what to choose between 4 similar ideas. Remember, that's the name of the twitter account so details matter here.

http://strawpoll.me/2452412

If I don't get enough vote, I'll have to choose with what I like more, but those are quite good anyway.

So, vote!

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Thanks and you're added!

Ok everyone, me and skyfox are trying to find a name for the campaign, but we don't know what to choose between 4 similar ideas. Remember, that's the name of the twitter account so details matter here.

http://strawpoll.me/2452412

If I don't get enough vote, I'll have to choose with what I like more, but those are quite good anyway.

So, vote!
Well, seeing how the name list is already decided... I was hoping for something a little more encouraging like Danger Mario, but I can work with The Thousand Year Smash Partners. I even have the mascot for you! :p

His muscles are harder than The Hulk. :joyful:

I honestly thought Danger Mario is the perfect idea seeing how close we are to the end of the Smash 4 campaign with the JP release coming and he isn't going down yet. Just 5 HP remaining! That's all we need for the weekend and for even the DLC campaign. As we get closer to Peril Status, we get stronger.

......Too much? :applejack:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, seeing how the name list is already decided... I was hoping for something a little more encouraging like Danger Mario, but I can work with The Thousand Year Smash Partners. I even have the mascot for you! :p

His muscles are harder than The Hulk. :joyful:

I honestly thought Danger Mario is the perfect idea seeing how close we are to the end of the Smash 4 campaign with the JP release coming and he isn't going down yet. Just 5 HP remaining! That's all we need for the weekend and for even the DLC campaign. As we get closer to Peril Status, we get stronger.

......Too much? :applejack:
That image...spoiler tag please...

Anyway, the name is something that HAS to be catchy. Danger Mario (which I don't even use because sounds cheap and risky), doesn't tell that t's Paper Mario and smash related and doesn't even depicts the supporters in a way.

But I like the analogy of support with danger Mario. That's actually what happens because the more and more the tease last, the stronger the tease is and it totally changes everything on its very end.

Why not take inspiration from my username:

"The Paper Mariobros" :p
I would love that, but again, it;s not a Paper Mario reference.

So, I have 10 votes (which I think includes his best supporter already) + a couple of new or guests). "Paper Mario Partners" seems to lead by a vote and I'm happy because I wanted to use that name actually :)

I'm going to wait until this night, but this might be enough. It's clear and short.

Thanks for those wo voted :)

Now, speaking of DLC, I didn't ask this question, but now, it's kinda confusing with the tease.

Being teased would mean that they want to silently hype the character for an inevitable reveal if it was indeed a tease. Personally, I think it's very likely to get a WiiU stage, but the timer is ticking.

Do you think he would be revealed before the JP release or be hidden and not reveled?

They could use that WiiU stage as trailer setup...

Your toughs?

As a reminder, vote for the name of the DLC campaign here:

http://strawpoll.me/2452412/r

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
That image...spoiler tag please...

Anyway, the name is something that HAS to be catchy. Danger Mario (which I don't even use because sounds cheap and risky), doesn't tell that t's Paper Mario and smash related and doesn't even depicts the supporters in a way.

But I like the analogy of support with danger Mario. That's actually what happens because the more and more the tease last, the stronger the tease is and it totally changes everything on its very end.

I would love that, but again, it;s not a Paper Mario reference.

So, I have 10 votes (which I think includes his best supporter already) + a couple of new or guests). "Paper Mario Partners" seems to lead by a vote and I'm happy because I wanted to use that name actually :)

I'm going to wait until this night, but this might be enough. It's clear and short.

Thanks for those wo voted :)

Now, speaking of DLC, I didn't ask this question, but now, it's kinda confusing with the tease.

Being teased would mean that they want to silently hype the character for an inevitable reveal if it was indeed a tease. Personally, I think it's very likely to get a WiiU stage, but the timer is ticking.

Do you think he would be revealed before the JP release or be hidden and not reveled?

They could use that WiiU stage as trailer setup...

Your toughs?

As a reminder, vote for the name of the DLC campaign here:

http://strawpoll.me/2452412/r
If we get a Paper Mario stage for the Wii U, then I'd definitely say that he is likely to be revealed as a playable Paper Mario representative. Even then, he is still likely for DLC if we get a Paper Mario Wii U stage.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If we get a Paper Mario stage for the Wii U, then I'd definitely say that he is likely to be revealed as a playable Paper Mario representative. Even then, he is still likely for DLC if we get a Paper Mario Wii U stage.
That's the exact point of not revealing anything WiiU related.

If we never saw the 3ds stage and we would see a stage like theater in POTD, what do you will happen?

Everyone will put him on [likely].

That's kinda boring to wait more than a month for something most expect.

And that's why he would reveal him and the stage at the same time. So, you'll never have this assurance of being likely since the thing you would need is revealed with him.

On that note, Shulk trailer even match the theory. The trailer is WiiU only and guess what, a WiiU stage was revealed for him.

This is shaping to make so much sense now.

Also, I just beat TTYD

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Shadow queen isn't that hard, but slightly. Tough, if you BP is poor, then you're doomed.

Going to do post game stuff and maybe the pit of 100 trials that...that's kinda weird to confess, but:

I never beat it yet.

Which is why I want to fix this first and then play spm.

I looked at previous pages and this will give you an idea of how activity got different after the stage reveal.

In sal time, doing a page is like an acomplishement. Every replies begins to be precious especially if I just posted so I can get a bump. That's how my reply manner was born as I was waiting for the thread to be on second or third page to quote all of them.

I had to take a long time to realise after the stage reveal that I could be more free.

One page happened 2-3 times per week and replies was usual. I had to not quote all of them because there's too much but the most relevant one. A lot of OP material came and even a new section for tattles.

We got so far if I look back, the cliff is quite high it gives me vertigo :)

But seriously, I can't wait for SPM.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
An important thing that is true is that Sakurai has taken some bad desitions, for example add Dr. Mario instead Paper Mario. Paper Mario would be an unique character and with an incredibly innovative gameplay, it's a great Nintendo franchise, and Dr. Mario probably will be a Mario clone just as in Melee, I'm a little bit dissapointed with this man, for example the lack of K. Rool by now and the addition of Dark Pit instead great possible characters like Paper Mario, Ridley, K. Rool or Mewtwo.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
An important thing that is true is that Sakurai has taken some bad desitions, for example add Dr. Mario instead Paper Mario. Paper Mario would be an unique character and with an incredibly innovative gameplay, it's a great Nintendo franchise, and Dr. Mario probably will be a Mario clone just as in Melee, I'm a little bit dissapointed with this man, for example the lack of K. Rool by now and the addition of Dark Pit instead great possible characters like Paper Mario, Ridley, K. Rool or Mewtwo.
I'm not completely certain on K. Rool or Mewtwo's chances, but all of us here believe that Paper Mario and Ridley have a good chance to be 2 of the 5 supposed remaining characters not on the leak. They have both been teased excessively, and they are extremely popular choices in a specific region. Ridley in America, and Paper Mario is apparently a very requested character in Japan. This makes PM still quite likely, even with the Doc in. In short, my theory is that after deciding on all of the original characters to debut, Sakurai added a few clones including Dr. Mario just to beef up the roster. Anything is still possible, and all the characters you mentioned are viable to appear. If DLC truly exists, they might all get in.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just had to restate this in the Jr thread and honestly, I'm getting tired to hear things like "Paper Mario would have been better than jr/dr".

Prepare for a long rant, but I really don't want to see any hate for such reasons.

I'm glad that you support. Yes it does make me happy and hype, but to tell "X would better than Y" in the context that the "would" is used as X being [deconfirmed] and Y being [confirmed] when it's not even the case is annoying and makes me feel bad.

Like, don't bash any support.

And really, I'm tired of saying it, but really...

Who said he's freaking [deconfirmed]?

We have not heard of him in the leak + we know the leak doesn't show the final roster so I'm asking this question again, who told you [deconfirmed]?

I think I made my point, but there's more.

Dr yes is most likely a clone I agree. However, to think that it somehow HAD in the absolute reality that Paper Mario is [deconfirmed] because OF THE ALMOST CONFIRMATION of another CLONE which means less dev time so not enough to scrap a whole character if he was done in last priority, that's illogical and even wrongly bash those who like him.

So, how the heck does dr makes Paper Mario IMPOSSIBLE to be playable?

In fact, repping DOES NOT MATTER.

Fe got 4 rep, who expected that?

Mario has AS OF NOW, 7 reps and even then, no one expected that.

How could you deny for one more if no one got that it would get 2 more before?

And that's not even considering the likely possibility due to teasing of having his own series.

I'm sorry if I was rude, but I heard this like 10 times and it makes this thread + the other mario support thread look bad.

I hope I was clear: the roster isn't final so the leak changes nothing.

The only reason this thread like others is down is because of people's belief based on assumption never stated.

I'm serious I had to do a shorter speech in the jr thread in which I already stated I was neutral, I don't like to see this for no good reasons.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I just had to restate this in the Jr thread and honestly, I'm getting tired to hear things like "Paper Mario would have been better than jr/dr".

Prepare for a long rant, but I really don't want to see any hate for such reasons.

I'm glad that you support. Yes it does make me happy and hype, but to tell "X would better than Y" in the context that the "would" is used as X being [deconfirmed] and Y being [confirmed] when it's not even the case is annoying and makes me feel bad.

Like, don't bash any support.

And really, I'm tired of saying it, but really...

Who said he's freaking [deconfirmed]?

We have not heard of him in the leak + we know the leak doesn't show the final roster so I'm asking this question again, who told you [deconfirmed]?

I think I made my point, but there's more.

Dr yes is most likely a clone I agree. However, to think that it somehow HAD in the absolute reality that Paper Mario is [deconfirmed] because OF THE ALMOST CONFIRMATION of another CLONE which means less dev time so not enough to scrap a whole character if he was done in last priority, that's illogical and even wrongly bash those who like him.

So, how the heck does dr makes Paper Mario IMPOSSIBLE to be playable?

In fact, repping DOES NOT MATTER.

Fe got 4 rep, who expected that?

Mario has AS OF NOW, 7 reps and even then, no one expected that.

How could you deny for one more if no one got that it would get 2 more before?

And that's not even considering the likely possibility due to teasing of having his own series.

I'm sorry if I was rude, but I heard this like 10 times and it makes this thread + the other mario support thread look bad.

I hope I was clear: the roster isn't final so the leak changes nothing.

The only reason this thread like others is down is because of people's belief based on assumption never stated.

I'm serious I had to do a shorter speech in the jr thread in which I already stated I was neutral, I don't like to see this for no good reasons.
This... All of it. I also sincerely hope that he is revealed along with the Wii U Paper Mario version. Plus, I would just gawk at an HD Paper Mario environment. :p

Minesquack

Smash Rookie
I would recommend adding a little more from Sticker Star into the moveset because nintendo tends to give the characters moves based on their more modern games. I would say a really good idea would be if his final smash was where the stage turns into a piece of paper and Paper Mario gets lifted up and drops heavy stickers on the paper to hit people, somewhat like his ability in Sticker Star.

Maybe also a down-b of dropping a spike goomba or spike koopa. Great idea though. Nintendo NEEDS to make this happen.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Omg I completely forgot that there is a Paper Mario stage in Smash 4. Please based Sakurai!

Now that Jr. is in I can give Paper Mario my full support! Go go Mario! Beat up that phony non-paper Mario and show 'em who the true hero is.

#But still Paper Luigi would be better XD

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Paper Mario won't get in because he's too big.

Top Bottom