• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
ERMAGHERD

Now we just need a Skyward Sword Costume
OoT Impa looks a damn sight more attractive here than how I remember. As she's my main in Hyrule Warriors, I'm looking forward to this, greatly. Even better if we get a new weapon type too!

As for the SS outfit?

This was the Twilight Princess DLC costume. Not 100% accurate, but pretty close. Impa's really got a HUGE boost in fandom from this fantastic game. She's shot up from a character I was only vaguely interested in, to an absolute must have.

I hope she keeps her HW look if there's a sequel though. I like the blend of OoT and SS looks.

OOT Impa is my favorite version. But I hope SS Impa gets in too.

Would be pretty funny if Fat Impa is a costume too. :troll:
Apparently the Master Quest DLC costume colours were meant to mirror Fat Impa...

...I mean it doesn't work at all since even as a fan of the Oracle games I didn't recognise the colour scheme at all...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
OoT Impa looks a damn sight more attractive here than how I remember. As she's my main in Hyrule Warriors, I'm looking forward to this, greatly. Even better if we get a new weapon type too!

As for the SS outfit?

This was the Twilight Princess DLC costume. Not 100% accurate, but pretty close. Impa's really got a HUGE boost in fandom from this fantastic game. She's shot up from a character I was only vaguely interested in, to an absolute must have.

I hope she keeps her HW look if there's a sequel though. I like the blend of OoT and SS looks.

Apparently the Master Quest DLC costume colours were meant to mirror Fat Impa...

...I mean it doesn't work at all since even as a fan of the Oracle games I didn't recognise the colour scheme at all...
I mean a real SS impa costume in the same vein as the OoT one or Link and Zelda's SS costumes

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Impa I think would be like a cross between Shulk (if she has a giant blade, which I imagine she might) and Sheik, which would be pretty badass. Impa is probably my most wanted DLC character, and since we didn't get a new Zelda character in Smash 4, she would be a perfect fit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

As for the SS outfit?

W-wait wait is this artwork for Impa real?!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
W-wait wait is this artwork for Impa real?!
I think its just a ripped pose of Impa's Twilight Princess recolor. The recolor is clearly based on Skyward Sword, but its not a direct model based on Skyward Sword like the OOT outfits.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, let me just say that that is exactly how I'd prefer Impa to look like, and to fight like in Smash! The naginata is an awesome weapon for her in Hyrule Warriors. I think I've seen her whole moveset through videos, but never quite seen her personality in game cause most playthroughs just skip the cutscenes.... So, could anyone tell me what Impa's full role is in the game?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, let me just say that that is exactly how I'd prefer Impa to look like, and to fight like in Smash! The naginata is an awesome weapon for her in Hyrule Warriors. I think I've seen her whole moveset through videos, but never quite seen her personality in game cause most playthroughs just skip the cutscenes.... So, could anyone tell me what Impa's full role is in the game?
Impa is a bodyguard to Zelda which explains her samurai look and, if I remember correctly, a general of the Hylian army alongside Link, a newly appointed general. That's pretty much it since Darunia, Lana, Ruto, Midna, and Agitha join the army as well. Zelda/Sheik later returns to the army after Zelda returns from being "captured" or something like that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Impa is a bodyguard to Zelda which explains her samurai look and, if I remember correctly, a general of the Hylian army alongside Link, a newly appointed general. That's pretty much it since Darunia, Lana, Ruto, Midna, and Agitha join the army as well. Zelda/Sheik later returns to the army after Zelda returns from being "captured" or something like that.
Young Impa is always Zelda's bodyguard. The difference in this game is Impa being an actual General, as opposed to just Zelda's nursemaid/bodyguard (well, Impa is always a nursemaid, but old Impa is a bit too old to be Zelda's bodyguard :p). In OOT, Impa is Zelda's nursemaid and protector, so essentially she's Zelda's bodyguard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am really hoping she'll keep that role as general of the Hyrulian forces. It's basically her role in OOT but more fleshed out. But considering her role in both HW and SS, I think it's likely that Impa is going to be a staple character in the series. Am expecting her to show up in Zelda Wii U as well.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Hopefully Zelda U continues Impa's momentum from Hyrule Warriors, which I think is her best appearance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I am really hoping she'll keep that role as general of the Hyrulian forces. It's basically her role in OOT but more fleshed out. But considering her role in both HW and SS, I think it's likely that Impa is going to be a staple character in the series. Am expecting her to show up in Zelda Wii U as well.
I don't really like her role of a General, honestly. But I am at least expecting Impa to appear in Zelda Wii U in a fairly major role.

Honestly, though, you can say this about nearly any major character. I want them to start reusing major characters again, they don't necessarily have to be huge roles. Especially in a game like Zelda U which is massively big.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ideally I'd like Impa to appear as both a Sage and Zelda's personal bodyguard, being as close to her as she was in OOT and SS.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Or she could be Link's mentor and a master archer, hunter, horsewoman, and/or swordswoman. Impa was usually there to look out for Zelda or Nayru in Oracle of Ages - was that the same in Oracle of Seasons? -, but I don't think she was ever cast as someone who looked out for Link, the main, playable character.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Or she could be Link's mentor and a master archer, hunter, horsewoman, and/or swordswoman. Impa was usually there to look out for Zelda or Nayru in Oracle of Ages - was that the same in Oracle of Seasons? -, but I don't think she was ever cast as someone who looked out for Link, the main, playable character.
I don't think that role would really fit impa, she's always been someone who's largely connected to the royal family. Not some random boy from a small village. Maybe it could be like ocarina of time where she's the one that finds link and tells him of his destiny.

I'm not sure what they could really do though tbh that they haven't already

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think that role would really fit impa, she's always been someone who's largely connected to the royal family. Not some random boy from a small village. Maybe it could be like ocarina of time where she's the one that finds link and tells him of his destiny.

I'm not sure what they could really do though tbh that they haven't already
Well, she could be a chieftain of the tribe Link is born into which would make Link less of a random boy and a member of a society that Impa looks over.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Impa's personality seems to be stern but kind. She never mocks her opponents, she shows great concern for her allies and she's genre savvy enough to know her army are mostly useless in the beginning, with the exception of Link. She still states she won't let any of her men fall, even the crappy Hylian generals get "Hold on! I'm coming!" Quite the compassionate general overall.
Naturally she has that undying loyalty to Zelda, but it's interesting to note that she shows similar loyalty to both Link and Lana, attempting to shield Link from Volga's attack after they first meet, and being a decoy for Ganondorf to buy Lana time to escape.

Overall Impa is probably one of the most selfless characters in the game, often fighting not for personal grudges but to protect those she cares about.

Or at least that's what I picked up. Best girl.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Eh, Impa seems to be a little... cocky at times, at least in adventure mode when you face her, she states "Let's face it. I'm way beyond your fighting ability." which is something a snotty villain would say.

But that's not her overall personality of course.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Eh, Impa seems to be a little... cocky at times, at least in adventure mode when you face her, she states "Let's face it. I'm way beyond your fighting ability." which is something a snotty villain would say.

But that's not her overall personality of course.
She's just stating the truth, can you really fault her for that?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Consider me a member of the Sheikah Tribe - A supporter for Impa as DLC for Super Smash Bros. By the way - do we have a defined supporter's list like the K.Rool, and Wolf threads?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa still has solid chances I think. I think that it's likely that if we get DLC characters, they'll use characters from series without a newcomer, or with less content than other series (aka, am not expecting too much more Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem characters). Choosing big namesakes as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Kirby seems extremely reasonable. Impa is a great choice if she also is to appear in Zelda Wii U- a game I imagine will get massive attention. And if she continues to appear in Hyrule Warriors (which I feel she will).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Impa still has solid chances I think. I think that it's likely that if we get DLC characters, they'll use characters from series without a newcomer, or with less content than other series (aka, am not expecting too much more Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem characters). Choosing big namesakes as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Kirby seems extremely reasonable. Impa is a great choice if she also is to appear in Zelda Wii U- a game I imagine will get massive attention. And if she continues to appear in Hyrule Warriors (which I feel she will).
The series without newcomers are:
Yoshi (Not happening)
Wario (Not happening)
DK
Zelda
Metroid (Not happening unless metroid wii u comes out and it has one of the MP3 hunters or sylux in it)
Kirby
Star Fox
Earthbound (Other than Lucas there's no way)
F-Zero (Not happening)
Pikmin (Not happening)
Sonic (Not happening)

That just leaves DK, Zelda, Star Fox and Kirby

There's also some new series reps they could add but other than inkling, captain flemming and isaac I can't see any of them

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa would fit into Smash so easily I think. I envisioned her playstyle today playing some Smash at a friend's place. She could have a few moves similar to Sheik in her jab, F Tilt and U Tilt but Smash and most aerial attacks make usage of her blade. Which she would use similar to how Ike and Shulk swing their blades. She'd have amazing mix up options like that. She'd be heavier than Zelda and Sheik, but lighter than Link. Very agile, but just above average running speed. She should have spear-like projectiles, real powerful aerial attacks, good jumping, maybe Deku Nuts, her Barrier or also a move similar to Bouncing Fish (but executed with her sword maybe?).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I think this only applies to Hyrule Warriors but Impa can "control" water, so that could be her projectile. I havent got the chance to play an actual Zelda game where Impa fights.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa doesn't fight on screen in Skyward Sword. She's seen blocking off Ghirahim's attacking rage for Zelda and Link to buy time with a barrier. And later Zelda interupts her when she is about to throw some energy ball. She's the Goddess Hylia her personal chosen warrior, and protector of her mortal form. She likely got some high rank status in Hylia's army, as Hylia and Ancient Hyrule's inhabitats where at war with Demise and his legion of demons. Alas, Impa and Ghirahim where both send through time portals to look for Zelda, Hylia's mortal form. Hylia sealed Demise, and set of her people aka the Hylians up in a land to the sky. And now I realise, Hylia is kind of a racist with a straight preference for her "Hylian master race". But that's for another time. Anyway, Impa has been linked to Zelda, the Triforce and "Ganon" far before "Link" and "Zelda" came. She's a total badass. And I now also realise I want a Hyrule Warriors that serves as a prequel to Skyward Sword.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Impa doesn't fight on screen in Skyward Sword. She's seen blocking off Ghirahim's attacking rage for Zelda and Link to buy time with a barrier. And later Zelda interupts her when she is about to throw some energy ball. She's the Goddess Hylia her personal chosen warrior, and protector of her mortal form. She likely got some high rank status in Hylia's army, as Hylia and Ancient Hyrule's inhabitats where at war with Demise and his legion of demons. Alas, Impa and Ghirahim where both send through time portals to look for Zelda, Hylia's mortal form. Hylia sealed Demise, and set of her people aka the Hylians up in a land to the sky. And now I realise, Hylia is kind of a racist with a straight preference for her "Hylian master race". But that's for another time. Anyway, Impa has been linked to Zelda, the Triforce and "Ganon" far before "Link" and "Zelda" came. She's a total badass. And I now also realise I want a Hyrule Warriors that serves as a prequel to Skyward Sword.
I'm just saying but even smash itself acknowledges her fighting abilities "When Zelda falls from Skyloft to the world below, this mysterious warrior protects and guides her. If you can tear your eyes away from her remarkable Sheikah garb, you'll see a powerful resolve in her eyes. Her combat skills are on a level with Ghirahim's swordsmanship and magic. It seems Impa actually hails from an age long past..."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I don't own Smash myself- any time I do play it's mostly me vs a friend in matches. But that text is spot on actually!! I actually think Sakurai had Impa planned, but gone with Sheik in the end. There might've been a similar situation with Ike and Chrom, in case I'm actually glad with the choice of Ike.

Anyway, I think the Zelda roster really needs a good overhaul next game. I really hope Impa gets in as DLC now, be it as a Sheik (semi)clone or alt costume so that at least she is guranteed to appear in the next Smash. If Sakurai had work done on Impa, she might still appear now as DLC. I really think, with all Sakurai's comments on previously cut characters it would be a waste not to try and get them in anyway. Imagine they couldn't finish Bowser Jr. in time, and boom, there he comes, with all the Koopalings as alts.

Am still think that she has a solid chance, and might have been on Sakurai's mind before. He at least seems knowledgeable about her, so I'm hoping she will make the final cut. Am really hoping for some Mewtwo footage and Sakurai stating his opinion on DLC after him.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
For Smash 5 I want some minor tweaks to the Zelda cast, but no cuts:
-Update Zelda and Ganondorf to something from their hideous Twilight Princess models.
-Add Impa
-Keep Zelda and Sheik seperate.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This thread needs disscussion so...

What do you guys think the chances are impa will be in Zelda Wii U? She's been in the last 2 major Zelda titles (Skyward Sword and A link between Worlds), Zelda wii u seems to have TONS of Skyward Sword influence and we've already seen what could be references to the sheikah with eye shaped designs on Link's shield. Plus Hyrule Warriors has made her a much more popular character as of late.

I see nintendo really pushing her as a staple Zelda character in future entries into the franchise

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes and that is exactly the reason I wanted Impa in in the first place! Her revival role in Skyward Sword seems to hold much deeper significance than people think. And she just keeps appearing in the series since that point. Okay, her role in A Link Between Worlds isn't too influential (didn't play it though) but Hyrule Warriors has her playable! I see it as very likely that Impa will be in Zelda Wii U as well, as the game looks a lot like Skyward Sword as Noivern mentoined.

I think that there's a very strong chance of Impa appearing, as long as Zelda in the princess again. And with the huge world map, am thinking there will be a Hyrule Castle. If there's a Hyrule Castle, there'll be guards, guards need a captain : Impa is the best suitable pick.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So I made this moveset for Impa in the make your move thread, I thought I'd post it here if you guys wanted to see it
Impa Moveset:

Impa is a character present throughout the Legend of Zelda Series. Although usually presented as an older woman, in games like Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors she is shown as a younger woman with a tall and slender build. Regardless of her appearance, Impa has always been the protector of Princess Zelda and the royal family of Hyrule as a whole.​

Universe:
The Legend of Zelda

Game of Origin:
The Legend of Zelda (Manual)/ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time​

Playstyle:
Impa's overall playstyle is a mixture of Zelda and Sheik aiming to mix Zelda's magical properties with Sheiks agility and still allowing her to have her own identity as a character. Like her roles in Skyward Sword she is very much a protector allowing her to be used effectively in Defending, offensense and even escape through the use of her side and up b.​

Stats:
Ground Speed -
6/10
Impa's speed is above average lying inbetween Zelda and Sheik

Air Speed - 5/10
Impa's air speed is slightly slower than her ground speed

Attack Speed - 7/10
A lot of Impa's attacks are fairly quick with minimal Startup of endlage

Overall Attack Power - 5/10
Like her speed Impa's lies between Zelda and Sheik

Jump Height - 5/10
Impa's overall Jump height is inbetween Zelda and Sheik

Fall Speed - 6/10
Impa falls pretty quickly, faster than Zelda but Slower than Sheik

Weight - 5/10
Due to her slender figure Impa is a fairly light character

Height - 8/10
Impa is a fairly tall character, standing at about a head higher than Zelda

and when I say "Blue magic" it would look similar to this

Except Blue

Tilt Attacks:
Jab 1: Impa will swing her hand in front of her in a karate chop style motion going from left to right (2%)
Jab 2: Similar to the first hit of jab, instead going right to left (3%)
Jab 3: Impa will kick straight forwards dealing decent damage and knockback (4%)
Dash attack: A sliding kick move in reference to her appearance in Hyrule Warriors where she does the same thing in her regular combo string. It is a multi-hit move with the final hit dealing decent vertical knockback (2%, 2%, 2%, 3%)
Forward Tilt: Impa will lift her leg and swing from left to right straight in front of her, the move is very quick with little endlag or startup time (6%)
Up Tilt: Impa will lift her leg, kicking straight upwards in a similar way to sheik except she doesn't slam her leg downwards instead returning to neutral. The move is decently quick and acts as a good combo starter as it can easily link into an aerial attack due to it's vertical knockback (8%)
Down Tilt: Impa will crouch and perform a sweeping kick, somewhat like Zero Suit Samus. Opponents are knocked upwards so this move is also a great aerial combo starter (8% foot, 6% leg)

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Impa will envelop her hand in blue magic and wave her hand in front of her going in an upwards arc, this move has some decent range and acts as one oh her best kill moves (16%)
Up Smash: She'll reach above her head releasing a quick burst of exploding blue magic similarly to that found in Skyward Sword. The move looks similar to mewtwo's but is one blast instead of multiple hits. This is also a rather good kill move but suffers from large amounts of endlag (15%)
Down Smash: Somewhat like sheik, Impa will get down on one hand and perform a ninja-like manoeuvre attacking with her legs out stretched, this move is pretty quick 2-hit move with little endlag however it won't kill until higher percents. It also has pretty good range due to her proportions (6% first hit, 9% second hit)

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: Impa will perform a series of 3 quick aerial kicks with her foot covered in blue magic, similarly to Captain Falcon, except faster and with more range however it lacks in damage and knockback (2% first hit, 4% second hit, 5% third hit)
Forward Air: She'll wave her magic covered hand downwards, this move is quite quick with a lot of range and can easily link in with other attacks due to it's mediocre knockback (7%)
Back Air: With her foot covered in magic, she'll kick backwards similar to Zero Suit Samus. This is another of her great kill moves (11%)
Up Air: Her foot covered in magic, she'll flip upwards and spin in the air, once again similarly to Zero Suit Samus (9%)
Down Air: Impa will stomp her foot downwards similarly to Zelda but with more range, this move can meteor smash (14% sweetspot, 8% sourspot)

Grab and Throws:
Grab: A standard grab, she'll fully reach out with her right hand. Due to Skyward Sword Impa's proportions it has decent range with some endlag
Pummel: Impa will hit them with her left knee similarly to Zero Suit Samus although slightly slower (3%)
Forward Throw: Impa will launch them forwards by kicking them with her left leg straight outwards (9%)
Back Throw: Impa will trip the opponent with her left leg and then proceed to kick them backwards with the heel of her foot (3% first hit, 7% second)
Up Throw: She'll throw the opponent straight upwards, then backflip, landing on her hand where she will kick them even higher with her left foot (11%)
Down Throw: She'll throw the opponent downwards, raise her hand and conjure a ball of blue magic. That ball will be thrown on the floor and at the opponent, knocking them forwards close to the ground (8%)

Special Attacks:
Neutral B: Hylia's Orb
A chargeable projectile. Impa will create a ball of blue magic in the palm of her hand just like that found in Skyward Sword. At minimal Charge the ball will be thrown at a 45 degree angle towards the ground where it will create a small explosion causing minimal damage and knockback, however a direct hit will cause an increase in damage in knockback. At full charge it will be thrown much farther with a larger explosion that can kill at higher percents.
Custom Neutral B 1: After landing on the ground the ball will stay there for a second before exploding, acting more like a trap rather than a projectile, multiple can be on stage at once and they aren't chargeable being about the same damage, power and angle as a medium charge standard orb

Custom Neutral B 2:

Side B: Timeshift Stone
Impa will conjure a timeshift stone about Zelda's fully charged phantom away from her, once created an aura will surround it which will temporarily slow down time for the opponent caught in it allowing Impa to easily hit the enemy. However creating the stone takes time meaning she can be interrupted before it is created and if missed Impa can be severely punished
Custom Side B 1:

Custom Side B 2:

Up B: Gate of Time
Impa will conjure up a smaller version of the gate of time from Skyward Sword which will teleport her to whichever direction is held. While being faster than Zelda's it goes a shorter distance and while being slower than Sheik's it goes farther, creating a balance between the two. The move deals damage and knockback although not much, also being a mix of Zelda and Sheik's. (7% disappearance, 12% reappearance)
Custom Up B 1:

Custom Up B 2:

Down B: Barrier of Hylia
Impa will summon a blue barrier about 2 steps in front of her which will protect her from attacks, reflect projectiles and slightly push opponents away, dealing small damage and knockback upon it's creation. After a small amount of time or if enough damage is sustained the barrier will disintegrate. The move stays out for about the same length as Palutena's reflect and isn't that tall only being about a head or two taller than her.
Custom Down B 1:

Custom Down B 2:

Final Smash:
Impa will summon the gate of time behind her which will suck opponents in. She'll then drop a blue ball of magic in front of the gate causing it to close like she did in Skyward Sword using a blue ball of magic, dealing about 40% to opponents and knocking them away with large knockback. The gate is about the size of Luigi's final smash in brawl.

Extras:

Entrance: The gate out time will appear in a flash of light and Impa will proceed to walk through it

Stance: Impa will stand in the same position she did in Skyward Sword, extremely straight posture with one hand on her hip

Idle 1: She'll fold her arms and look from left to right
Idle 2: She'll create a ball of blue magic in her hand and look at it before reaching to grab it where it will disappear

Side Taunt: Impa will whistle Zelda's Lullaby in reference to Ocarina of Time
Down Taunt: Impa will sit on the ground and meditate in reference to the Old Woman found in Skyward Sword
Up Taunt: The bracelet that was gifted to Impa by Zelda in Skyward Sword will materialize on her wrist where she will look down at it and smile before it dematerializes

Victory Pose 1: Impa will conjure up the gate of time and go through it the same way she did in Skyward Sword by dropping a blue ball of magic
Victory Pose 2: Impa will step into the gate of time and reappear as the Old Woman where she will then fade away like at the end of Skyward Sword
Victory Pose 3: Impa, who is facing away from the camera, will turn around (Like in the gif at the top of the post) and perform a ninja-like pose before whipping her scarf over her and disappearing out of sight

Victory Fanfare: The regular Zelda fanfare which is also shared by Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link

Losing pose: Impa, like the wise and mentor-like character that she is will clap quite slowly and politely as if feeling proud that they won

Alternate Costumes:
1) Default (Skyward Sword)
Her regular appearance as Young Impa in Skyward Sword

2) Ocarina of Time (Grey hair with Blue, Black and Grey outfit)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to closer match Ocarina of Time Impa's blue, the yellow will change to silver and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will change to black. Her hair will also turn a silverish-white.

3) Rauru (Red outfit with White and Orange highlights)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to an orange, the yellow will change to red and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will change to white.

4) Saria (Green outfit with Dark Green highlights)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to a light green, the yellow will change to a slightly darker green and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will change to a light blue like saria's eyes.

5) Darunia (Brown outfit with light brown and orange highlights)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to a brownish colour, the yellow will change to orange and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will stay orange.

6) Ruto (Blue outfit with Purple highlights)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to aqua blue, the yellow will change to a darker blue and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will change to purple.

7) Nabooru (Pink outfit with Gold highlights and Red shoes)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to a light pink, the yellow will change to a more gold colour as will the orange feathers and strap on her shoes. Her shoes will also become red.

8) A Link between worlds (Purple Hair with Red, Blue and Yellow outfit)
Impa's dark blue outfit will change to a brownish-red colour, the yellow will change to a light yellow colour and the orange feathers and strap on her shoes will change to blue. Her hair will also turn a light purple.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes I really liked that moveset! I never usually check the Make Your Move thread but by coincidence I did find your moveset there. Was hoping you'd post it here, since this thread kind of died out. Luckily however, Impa is now considered the most likely Zelda character to be put as DLC for a change. This moveset would be an ideal style for Impa if she'd be based on a mixture of Zelda and Sheik.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I got bored and made this, I feel the OP needs some updating

The enigmatic sheikah, the sage of shadow

Impa DLC support thread!

Just who is Impa?

Impa is a character who has appeared in multiple Zelda games all across the Zelda timeline. From the original legend of Zelda manual, where she, as an old woman and nursemaid to Princess Zelda was the one who sent link on his quest to save Zelda. Flash forward 12 years and Impa is back in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, as a young, athletic woman who serves as the loyal guard to the Hylian family, who ends up saving the young princess from Ganondorf's clutches. This returned in Skyward Sword where she is sent by the goddess Hylia to protect her reborn spirit and Hyrule Warriors where she's the leader of the Hyrulean Royal Army, this time equipped with a gigantic sword which uses water magic and a naginata with fire properties.

What does she have that'll keep her from being a sheik clone?

There are a lot of abilities Impa is shown to have throughout the legend of Zelda series, from a dagger-looking weapon in Ocarina of Time, various magical abilities in Skyward Sword and the aforementioned Hyrule Warriors weapons. Point is, Impa is a lot more than what meets the eye.

Impa's presence in other smash bros games

To date Impa has only had 2 appearances in the smash series which include her Ocarina of Time trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

"The headwoman of Kakariko Village and attendant to Princess Zelda. She is also the last remaining member of the Sheikah. Link learns "Zelda's Lullaby" from her, and when he returns seven years later, he finds Impa and awakens her as the Sage of Shadows. Seeing how he has grown, she decides Zelda is in capable hands."

And her Skyward Sword trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

"When Zelda falls from Skyloft to the world below, this mysterious warrior protects and guides her. If you tear your eyes away from her remarkable Sheikah garb, you'll see a powerful resolve in her eyes. Her combat skills are on a level with Ghirahim's swordsmanship and magic. It seems Impa actually hails from an age long past..."

Possible Impa movesets

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Umm... Guys We need to get the Impa votes going! We need Zelda to get its newcomer so it can go back to being Pokemon and Mario's equal!

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I can't think of a really good reason for Impa, see I want Skyward Sword Impa not Hyrule Warriors Impa.

Top Bottom