• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Oh... That? I already saw that. I don't think that necessarily disconfirms Impa just yet because it's just Sheik with some of Impa's colors. It doesn't even remind me of Impa that much.
Yeah it's purple Charizard tier of deconfirmed, I don't read Japanese so I can't say if it actually says Impa, but Sheik's pretty different from how we'd probably see Impa. I mean if they're going to base a character off Hyrule Warriors styling it'll be Impa.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
None of Sheiks palettes really resemble Impa at all, actually...
Actually it does and I've heard it from plenty of ppl already.
Oh... That? I already saw that. I don't think that necessarily disconfirms Impa just yet because it's just Sheik with some of Impa's colors. It doesn't even remind me of Impa that much.
There's a difference between a skin and an alt (such as Alph for Olimar). This was clearly just a skin. Perhaps I should've made that simpler for ppl to understand.

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Actually it does and I've heard it from plenty of ppl already.

There's a difference between a skin and an alt (such as Alph for Olimar). This was clearly just a skin. Perhaps I should've made that simpler for ppl to understand.
Impa doesn't even have a consistent appearance so I'm a little skeptical, and regardless it doesn't deconfirm Impa, as we still have Wario Mario and Wario.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Impa doesn't even have a consistent appearance so I'm a little skeptical, and regardless it doesn't deconfirm Impa, as we still have Wario Mario and Wario.
As I said earlier, "skin" not "alt". Skin or not it won't disconfirm her as a character.

Also you say "Impa doesn't a consistent appearance". If that's the case then how do you even know which shiek skin I am referring to?

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
As I said earlier, "skin" not "alt". Skin or not it won't disconfirm her as a character.

Also you say "Impa doesn't a consistent appearance". If that's the case then how do you even know which shiek skin I am referring to?
I honestly don't. If I had to guess I'd say the one that is most similar to Sheik's default.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Yeah that's the one I guessed. Unless it actually says it's based off Impa, I'd say it's pretty stretchy to me.
I can see how you would think that since she doesn't have the silver hair but like I said it's not an alt so..

Nd perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "confirmed". That was too bold. I just took the word of some japanese sm4sh players.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I mean I don't even think of Impa when I see that, which is totally different than Dixie Diddy or Wario Mario.
Umm.. I definitely don't think of dixie with diddy. Maybe it just comes from one's own perspective. But like I said I'm not even sure if that was it. Just taking the word of someone else.

Last edited:

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
It took me a while to get onboard team Impa, since I felt like she'd just be like Sheik... But I've definitely warmed up to the idea, and now she's my most-wanted newcomer for The Legend of Zelda! I feel like she has a major chance, if not this time, then next time, because how consistently relevant to The Legend of Zelda she is, as far as the timeline goes, and in the games in general. Plus, supposedly, according to Hyrule Historia, Impa was meant to be the original keeper of the Triforce of Power, before Ganondorf stole it. And of course, more female characters are always great!

I really hope that, whether in this game or the next one, they take a bit of her design/moves from Hyrule Warriors, just to set herself apart from Sheik.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For those talking about the Impa costume, it looks like the "blue" palette swap Sheik had in Brawl where she had a red scarf - my favorite palette swap by the way.

The difference is that it's redone so it's less blue and red scarf, but more blue and white for more contrast and a red scarf. For some reason, I feel like the red scarf is a reference to something. Perhaps a well-known ninja character in Japan that is obscure overseas. I wonder if Strider Hiryu counts? This is him, by the way.

As for it looking like Impa, well... Let's go over her some of her appearances.

Ocarina of Time.

Skyward Sword.

And Hyrule Warriors.

There's also the Impa from A Link Between Worlds and other games I haven't played. They're all sagely and elderly-looking except for big mama Impa. Anyway of all of those, only Hyrule Warriors Impa looks the closest and even that's a stretch since she doesn't wear a red scarf, but a brown one, has only greaves instead of leg armor up to her waist - the white coloring in SSB4 Sheik's 8th palette swap -, and Sheik still retains her hair color instead of Imap's white hair or "bright" blonde.

To me, the 8th palette swap looks like a reference to some other character that I don't remember and for some reason kind of do by looking at it.

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
With Dixie and K. Rool deconfirmed the likelihood of Impa being one of the four is higher than before. So far Snake, Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and Lucas are not deconfirmed via trophies so they all have a decent chance to make it in via the final 4 slots, when and if they are added.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
With Dixie and K. Rool deconfirmed the likelihood of Impa being one of the four is higher than before. So far Snake, Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and Lucas are not deconfirmed via trophies so they all have a decent chance to make it in via the final 4 slots, when and if they are added.
Except Ness has Lucas' moves as his customs, so I don't think he has much of a chance.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hmm interesting Impa (Ocarina of Time) is the only Impa trophy on the 3DS and the only Impa trophy I saw in the Wii U direct was old Impa (skyward sword). DLC?

andimidna

Smash Master
This is one of the few threads in serious need of starting back up and updating.
And that old Impa trophy (PS spoilers lol) will likely be called "Old Woman", so that should only support her. Especially after seein all these forms of Mewtwo trophies.
After all the "leaks" she's been gaining popularity pretty rapidly, and when people talk about characters for the game she generally just comes up. Seems like speculation for a whole different game.
Now I'm not holding my breath on any other DLC, at least not for awhile. And Impa is one of the characters that makes all the sense, especially now that Pokemon just got their #6.
Trophy Theory is in the garbage for sure though
Anyways, where she stands right now is there's no legit leak she relies on, only her credentials which at this point are enough to put her among the top contenders for DLC, unlike before imo.
And because fake leakers like to throw around the same characters all the time, this is gonna get interesting.

Edit: Also, with that non-DLC Mario Kart 8 stage, she could easily be based off Hyrule Warriors

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
If they go for Impa in DLC, it better be a new moveset instead of a Sheik clone. Prefferably base it on the Hyrule Warriors version of her. That would be dope.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The possibility of DLC and it being developed around now or later, perhaps even much later could mean a Hyrule Warrior-esk Impa or Sakurai/ Nacmo's rendition of Impa, which I imagine being equal to or greater than Hyrule Warriors Impa.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The possibility of DLC and it being developed around now or later, perhaps even much later could mean a Hyrule Warrior-esk Impa or Sakurai/ Nacmo's rendition of Impa, which I imagine being equal to or greater than Hyrule Warriors Impa.
Honestly I'd prefer skyward sword impa and I'd think they'd go with that honestly, Hyrule warriors is a non-canon spin-off made by a third-party, I don't see it happening. Plus with SS impa you can do more than just giant sword

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Honestly I'd prefer skyward sword impa and I'd think they'd go with that honestly, Hyrule warriors is a non-canon spin-off made by a third-party, I don't see it happening. Plus with SS impa you can do more than just giant sword
You haven't played Hyrule Warrior if you think all she has is a giant sword, shes got water magic too! lol
Plus other weapons.

But agree with your notion of SS Impa 100%.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You haven't played Hyrule Warrior if you think all she has is a giant sword, shes got water magic too! lol
Plus other weapons.

But agree with your notion of SS Impa 100%.
Trust me, I've played it (Way too much in fact). If she were to use the giant blade she'd probably feel really boring, kinda like Ike mixed with greninja. I'd prefer if she used magic like Zelda along with sheik's agility, kinda like ToS described. To me SS impa feels like kind of a blank canvas character and I'd love to see what they could do with her

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
if you ask me a nice mix of magic and swordplay would be cool.I would imagine her as being pretty fast not shiek or sonic fast but fast.I do think we will get the Hyrule warriors design becuase it's the most recent design but a OOT or Skyward sword alt or skin wouldn't hurt at all.Also final smash?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If they go for Impa in DLC, it better be a new moveset instead of a Sheik clone. Prefferably base it on the Hyrule Warriors version of her. That would be dope.
I'm almost positive that Impa will be a Sheik clone if she gets in. I can tell you now that he won't base it on the Hyrule Warriors Impa.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Um... Are you counting trophies as "disconfirmations?" Because Mewtwo had a trophy in the 3DS version, and he's being made into DLC. Simply having a trophy in the game isn't enough to keep a character from becoming playable.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I'm almost positive that Impa will be a Sheik clone if she gets in. I can tell you now that he won't base it on the Hyrule Warriors Impa.
And have half of the Zelda characters be clones? Sakurai isn't dumb enough to do that, he'd put Vaati, Demise, or Girahim in before Impa as a clone.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
And have half of the Zelda characters be clones? Sakurai isn't dumb enough to do that, he'd put Vaati, Demise, or Girahim in before Impa as a clone.
No, Sakurai is "dumb" enough to do that. But he doesn't see it that way. Obviously he likes clone characters: Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, Lucina. They might as well be costumes, but hey I'm not a game developer.

He would most likely put Impa in over the other characters you mentioned because she would be easy to make by cloning Sheik.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely see Impa being a good candidate for DLC. All I ask is that I want her moveset to be inspired by Hyrule Warriors instead of being a clone of Sheik but I think that's the more likely outcome.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
No, Sakurai is "dumb" enough to do that. But he doesn't see it that way. Obviously he likes clone characters: Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, Lucina. They might as well be costumes, but hey I'm not a game developer.

He would most likely put Impa in over the other characters you mentioned because she would be easy to make by cloning Sheik.
If he's spending this much time to develop Mewtwo (yes I know he's way more popular than Impa) why not spend that much time on Impa? Sakurai only added clones because he had extra time, he made them as low priority as possible, that's why two semi-clones were cut. Why they weren't added back when he had extra time and working models, I'll never know.
Edit: I meant new models in their trophies when I said working models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom