• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
because "Ganondorf" debuted in OoT with Impa, "Ganon" is the pig monster, not directly ganondorf, so this makes sense with zelda being on the SNES
Well, duh. You know what I meant, though. Normally, characters are kept together within their series. We've already had Ganondorf accidently leaked by Nintendo, so he should be there. Therefore, it means nothing for Impa's chances.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Well, duh. You know what I meant, though. Normally, characters are kept together within their series. We've already had Ganondorf accidently leaked by Nintendo, so he should be there. Therefore, it means nothing for Impa's chances.
im just saying he shouldnt be there anyways lol. Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Link, and Samus all debuted in the same year. Ganondorf did not

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps you're right. But Impa debatably debuted that year as well. So...
Didnt impa debut in OoT?

Im agreeing with you that this doesnt deconfirm impa im just saying with not having ganondorf on there is a justification

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Impa debuted in the original Legend of Zelda's handbook. While never appearing in-game, she was still created then.
She did not debut in-game, though. There is a precedent for this with Zero-Suit Samus, after all. As a "character", ZSS did not "debut" until Metroid Zero Mission, according to Brawl. The fact that she existed, and had been shown in a previous form, is irrelevant.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
She did not debut in-game, though. There is a precedent for this with Zero-Suit Samus, after all. As a "character", ZSS did not "debut" until Metroid Zero Mission, according to Brawl. The fact that she existed, and had been shown in a previous form, is irrelevant.
So, basically, this whole All-Star mode thing is very technical and we still do not have a solid grasp on how it works, and therefore it's hard to use as evidence for or against a character's inclusion.

Although I wonder if (Pig) Ganon is affected by this...

andimidna

Smash Master
So, basically, this whole All-Star mode thing is very technical and we still do not have a solid grasp on how it works, and therefore it's hard to use as evidence for or against a character's inclusion.

Although I wonder if (Pig) Ganon is affected by this...
Well, Ganondorf getting leaked through the leaked roster, the leaked videos, and Nintendo's trailer already hurt him some. Not that it's impossible for them to coexist, but being a Falcondorf replacement was always his main merit imo.

Was that picture of all-star from Nintendo or leaks? If it's from Nintendo, the absence of anybody could be explained by wanting to show off those iconic years w/o showing an unrevealed character. Technically, Impa, Ganondorf, and even Ridley could all be there in that group in the game. But grouping Impa and Ganndorf with Sheik makes sense too, it's not like they'd all be scattered and alone. OoT was like the 2nd 1st Zelda game anyways :p

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Was that picture of all-star from Nintendo or leaks? If it's from Nintendo, the absence of anybody could be explained by wanting to show off those iconic years w/o showing an unrevealed character. Technically, Impa, Ganondorf, and even Ridley could all be there in that group in the game. But grouping Impa and Ganndorf with Sheik makes sense too, it's not like they'd all be scattered and alone. OoT was like the 2nd 1st Zelda game anyways :p
It's from an official Japanese CM.

I can't get a real grasp on how it works, though. R.O.B. debuted in 1985 and Pit/Palutena in 1986, but they're also missing. They could be splitting groups up, but why take some from each year rather than just doing 1985 and then 1986? It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense right now other than that characters are appearing in debut order.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would call Ocarina of Time as Impa's first appearance as well. Sure, the manual of Zelda 1 counts. But it wasn't an ingame appearance. Think that that counts more than having a role in the game's manual, even though instruction booklets where much more important back in the day than they are now. However, Impa's first role as an able bodied fighter was OoT. And it would be a cool way to fight both Sheik and Impa at the same time. So there goes.

andimidna

Smash Master
I would call Ocarina of Time as Impa's first appearance as well. Sure, the manual of Zelda 1 counts. But it wasn't an ingame appearance. Think that that counts more than having a role in the game's manual, even though instruction booklets where much more important back in the day than they are now. However, Impa's first role as an able bodied fighter was OoT. And it would be a cool way to fight both Sheik and Impa at the same time. So there goes.
Well, that doesn't really matter anymore because of the Pic of the Day.
The lock means you can play the mode, yet not all of the characters are unlocked. So only the ones unlocked appear.

Nobody deconfirmed

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I will be honest, I had high hopes for Impa. I would really love it if Zelda got a new and unique character. Just one... Really hurt that Girahim got an assist trophy spot.

Things are really looking like Impa would be an alt costume for Sheik now that Sheik is solo and we have so few hidden character slots left. I hope Impa would make it, if not her, then Vaati, but eh.... I'm grasping hard, huh?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I will be honest, I had high hopes for Impa. I would really love it if Zelda got a new and unique character. Just one... Really hurt that Girahim got an assist trophy spot.

Things are really looking like Impa would be an alt costume for Sheik now that Sheik is solo and we have so few hidden character slots left. I hope Impa would make it, if not her, then Vaati, but eh.... I'm grasping hard, huh?
If Impa was an alt she would probably be given her own slot anyway, just like Lucina, Dark Pit and Doctor Mario

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think it's entirely possible to have a unique moveset with SS Impa. If she doesn't use her weapons or abilities from Hyrule Warriors, I could see her fight as a sort of monk archetype fighter. Using eastern material arts as a base, or even kung fu. It would make an awesome contrast with say, Little Mac's playstyle. And it would be something Impa alone would contribute to the roster. She's a time traveller in SS, so I hope some of her moves involve slowing down time, or the Timeshift Orbs from SS. I definitely want to see that barrier being used in her moveset more than anything! That attack alone made me want her in Smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I still think it's entirely possible to have a unique moveset with SS Impa. If she doesn't use her weapons or abilities from Hyrule Warriors, I could see her fight as a sort of monk archetype fighter. Using eastern material arts as a base, or even kung fu. It would make an awesome contrast with say, Little Mac's playstyle. And it would be something Impa alone would contribute to the roster. She's a time traveller in SS, so I hope some of her moves involve slowing down time, or the Timeshift Orbs from SS. I definitely want to see that barrier being used in her moveset more than anything! That attack alone made me want her in Smash.
You know, if you really wanted to, you could probably make a simple move set for Impa just based off of what she's done herself in Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time.

Standard attacks: Some of those martial art ideas you had could work pretty well.

Neutral Special: That sphere of energy she uses to blow up the Gate of Time.

Up Special: Vanish (kind of a Sheikah thing, even if Sheik already does it).

Down/Side Special: That barrier she conjures up against Ghirahim.

I'm not sure what her Side/Down Special could be, but I'm sure they could find something interesting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Burst Grenades of Sheik kinda work like Deku Nuts I thought. Why not give Impa the actual Deku Nuts as Side B?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Is it bad that whenever I think of Impa, I think of the old lady ones?
Well that was her first and most recent appearance (Not counting hyrule warriors)

OMG how did I never think of this, Sheik as a ninja and Impa as a martial artist, It works perfectly

Last edited:

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
In my boredom I have been fantasising about potential Impa movesets, and thought I would share. I think SkySwo Impa would be the one that makes it in - I think it's unlikely they'd use a model from a 2nd-party game that's non-canon. I'd also prefer Impa not ti have a sword tbh, there's already so many swords, and I actually prefer her look in SwySwo...I think it's more representative as her as a character.

Anyway, here's what I have theorized.

Neutral B - Shield of Light
Impa summons a quick shield as demonstrated here
Obviously on a much smaller scale, but maintains the blue colour and oval shape. It protects her from projectiles and can also push enemies away.

Down B - Sacred Orb
Impa creates a projectile as seen below:
She can then throw it as Link would a bomb. However, unlike a usual projectile, it remains airborne and does not drop. It slows down in speed, until it comes to a stop, where in then remains stationary in the air for a few seconds before disappearing. If a player runs into the floating orb, they are knocked back as if it were a bumper. This could make for an excellent spacing attack.

Side B - Sheikah Slide
Impa equips her dagger, and then charges at her foe in a sideways direction. This attack has minimal knockback but can deal good damage. Think of it similar to Fox's side B, she first equips the dagger and then charges very quickly. The dagger remains close to her chest (mainly because flailing a dagger at someone and charging is probably a bit to PG13).

Up B - Hylia Flume
Impa is guided by goddess Hylia who delicately lifts Impa upward at a 90 degree angle. The spirit appears behind her, and then guides her up. The 90 degree angle makes this attack complicated. On the one hand, if successfully performed, it can guide Impa completely over the ledge and right onto the stage again. However, if you're too far down, you'll end up being guided under the stage.

Final Smash - Gate of Time
Impa transforms into Old Impa from Skyward Sword. The Gate of Time appears behind the stage and opens. Then, the Imprisoned is released. He falls downward, causing great knockback on anyone that is hit. Think of this like Snorlax except much more powerful and bigger.

So those are just some ideas I had. I think her regular attacks could be swift kicks and arm jabs to represent her Sheikah nature. Maybe her grabs could get people by the ear (or side of the head) to represent her motherly/authoritative nature in the game.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Is it bad that whenever I think of Impa, I think of the old lady ones?

The triforce of wisdom promises the king will return

In all seriousness though, I'm definitely not a fan of the Zelda franchise aside from Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask. But, I feel like it probably deserves 5 reps in Smash... Impa seems like the logical choice (Though I would have preferred Masked Link doing a Pokemon-Trainer-style switch between Deku, Goron and Zorah over Toon Link..). However, I feel like the Zelda franchise would be completely disrespected if more than half of its characters were clones.

I'm usually not anti-clone. Toon Link makes sense to be one. Ganondorf shouldn't be, but at least he's not a clone of someone from his own franchise. Impa definitely doesn't need to be a Sheik clone. How ridiculous is that?

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Hate to bring this up here, but...

...didn't Impa debut at the same time Link and Zelda did?
This Doesn't Affect Impa's, or Ridley's, or, I Guess Ganondorf's, Chances. at all.

Speaking of, Didn't Pit, Palutena, and R.O.B. Debut the same year as Link and Samus? My Guess is that only 5 characters are fought at a time, and that characters that haven't been unlocked yet are not fought.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This Doesn't Affect Impa's, or Ridley's, or, I Guess Ganondorf's, Chances. at all.

Speaking of, Didn't Pit Debut the same year as Link and Samus? My Guess is that only 5 characters are fought at a time, and that characters that haven't been unlocked yet are not fought.
Never mind, this means absolutely nothing.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Speaking of, Didn't Pit, Palutena, and R.O.B. Debut the same year as Link and Samus? My Guess is that only 5 characters are fought at a time, and that characters that haven't been unlocked yet are not fought.
If they are going off release date as well as year, R.O.B would come before peach and bowser while pit and palutena come after samus

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I hope she is based off her Hyrule Warriors design but I doubt it because SSB4 was probably in development before Hyrule Warriors was even an idea.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
She really does, Her and dixie can fit with their series while the metroid reps move down a row
Wow. That is exactly how I made the roster. Nice.

Yeah looking at how well she fits in and looking again at the trophy quiz theory I am really starting to believe Impa is going to be in.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
So, considering Sheik doesn't have an Impa color alt/costume, Impa's chance of being in the games is even higher now.

EDIT: Obviously, I'm assuming that the players have seen all the alts/costume for all the playable characters in the newest demo.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, considering Sheik doesn't have an Impa color alt/costume, Impa's chance of being in the games is even higher now.

EDIT: Obviously, I'm assuming that the players have seen all the alts/costume for all the playable characters in the newest demo.
Well the demo had 8 so I don't see why they wouldn't be final unless it's a really, really old build. Also I've said this multiple times but if impa were a costume she would likely be given her own slot anyway so, way before doctor mario and dark pit

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Well the demo had 8 so I don't see why they wouldn't be final unless it's a really, really old build. Also I've said this multiple times but if impa were a costume she would likely be given her own slot anyway so, way before doctor mario and dark pit
Idk Dark Samus is a costume and an assist trophy which is really really weird (who else could we possibly get from Metroid now? nudge nudge wink wink).

But I would find it really weird if Impa was a Sheik costume instead of a clone because of how Sakurai is setting the roster up. Then again people think that Wolf is removed for a Fox costume, even though he wasn't even a semi-clone.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's yet another "leak" involving Impa.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/262748457

Personally, I don't believe it because Emolga and DK Jr. are so... "out there". But I guess we'll find out in less than 4 hours.
Forget Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B, or Duck Hunt Dog; Emolga would be the single strangest character choice in the history of Smash Bros.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Idk Dark Samus is a costume and an assist trophy which is really really weird (who else could we possibly get from Metroid now? nudge nudge wink wink).

But I would find it really weird if Impa was a Sheik costume instead of a clone because of how Sakurai is setting the roster up. Then again people think that Wolf is removed for a Fox costume, even though he wasn't even a semi-clone.
Impa confirmed.. as a Shiek costume:

Last edited:
Top Bottom