• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB9: Tournament Conditions - August 10th - Madison, WI - August 10th, 2013 - Madison, WI

Mundungu

Smash Lord
IMDB9: Tournament Conditions

Date: Saturday, August 10th
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/TeamMoonWalk

Location: Industry Room on the 3rd Floor of the Union South (room TBD)
1308 West Dayton St, Madison, WI
There should be free parking nearby on Saturdays, I will look into this and update

Tournaments
$10.00 Melee singles
$10.00 Melee doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Project M singles
$10.00 Project M doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$2.00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
$4.00 NBA Jam Doubles ($2 per person)

$10.00 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
$10.00 Super Street Fighter 4 AE
$10.00 Injustice
$10.00 Persona 4 Arena
$10.00 Third Strike

Schedule

Smash
11:00 - Melee Doubles
11:30 - P:M Doubles
12:30 - Brawl Singles
1:00 - Melee Singles Pools
1:30 - P:M Singles Pools
3:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
3:30 - P:M Singles Bracket
5:30 - NBA Jam Doubles
7:30 - CSP Singles
10:00 - Close

2D Fighter
12:30 - Injustice
2:30 - P4A
4:00 - SSF4AE
6:00 - UMVC3
8:00 - Third Strike

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles
CSP: 70/30
NBA Jam: 70/30

This venue is open from 10 AM - 10 PM. This means we need to start earlier than usual, and finish early. The tournaments will be starting at 11:00, please be on time.
For future tournaments, we should be able to push this back. This was pretty late notice, so this is what we have to work with.

Parking

so the places labeled lots 40,54,55, and 56 are close by, free on saturdays, and I'd be seriously surprised if they filled up. Next closest free is quite a bit of a walk so I'd recommend just paying a bit to park underground at the tournament building. There's a little circle driveway kind of thing on the south side of the building where you can stop to drop setups off or whatever if you don't want to carry from the lot.

Melee Rules

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Pausing is banned. Pausing during a match will result in a loss at your opponent’s discretion.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.
- Wobbling is BANNED.

Stages

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Project M Rules (taken from SCYSN5)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match
1. Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules

Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, and Big Blue

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

Brawl Rules
The Apex Ruleset

NBA Jam Doubles Rules
- Double elim bracket
- Matches are one game
- Each team does a double blind pick for team choice. If they pick the same team, redo the double blind, eliminating that team from the pick pool.
- Pausing is BANNED
- The rookie team is BANNED
- Byoc is encouraged, but there will be enough controllers there

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We're still finalizing the 2d fighter schedule. We will most likely run third strike at the end of the day, during CSP if it is run (so it doesn't slow down smash tournaments).

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
spifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

xeylode what do you mean? We were told we needed a housing staff signature for our student org which we had no idea about, plus even if we did it would have cost mad $ to reserve.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yeah kind of unfortunate timing with TI3, but this was the best date for us. At least it won't be during finals.

Needless to say, this schedule is very ambitious. We're going to be on the ball about starting tournaments on time, so please be around 15 mins before the tournament you want to be in.

Spife, you gotta do some side bets on CSP! It's the perfect betting game.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Not sure if we should run all of the actual fighting games. Plus MINNESOTA is doing something this day.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yeah maybe, it depends on expected SRK attendance. If it is going to be small, we could just do SF4 Marvel and Third Strike.

spifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

xeylode what do you mean? We were told we needed a housing staff signature for our student org which we had no idea about, plus even if we did it would have cost mad $ to reserve.
I meant for during the school year. I'll be returning to the dorms again and therefore I can use the method that Ace started out using to get carson's in the first place.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
That time should be final. Sounds like there's going to be hella retired antendees at this. Getting hype!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that teams starts at 11 AM, and the venue closes at 10 PM, so plan on being here early.

The venue is in the Industry room on the 3rd floor of the Union South. You can contact me or look for maps in the venue when you get here 608-320-4794.

This is next weekend!

fixed

Spife

Smash Master
I regret to inform everyone in the entire world that I can't go. I regret this because instead of going to the tourny, I'll be writing everyone a letter letting them know I can't go. That's like, 7 billion people now and that's a looooot of letters. Gonna take me all day!

but srsly I gotta go to work, to poor/opportunity costs qq

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Dang, hopefully you can make the next one Spife. That will hurt the sidebetting quite a bit.

Does anyone need housing at all?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Bring Hindawg or other gamblers Chicago. I plan to get paid Saturday.

Divekick will be at this tournament, but WE CAN NOT host a tournament for it. However, I can body you all free of charge.

Top Bottom