• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ikes costumes

MisfitFan

Smash Cadet
What alt. costumes do you think he will have? i have a bad feeling that marth or roy might end up being one of them.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I already read that Marth was a costume for him...but idk how true that is.
He also is rumored to have a Sigurd style White costume.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ike has his regular costume, a white one with a blue cape (that looks like Sigurd), one where his armor is black and his cape is gold/yellow, and two others that haven't been seen. Those have to be his red and green costumes for team battles.

D

Deleted member

That seems to confirm what I had thought for a while.

Ike is an evolution of the planned Sigurd for 64 and Melee.

Royd

Smash Cadet
Adult Ike's costume in FE10 looks more like Greil's costume. Also, it's confirmed that the costumes are nothing but color swaps. I doubt they'll remove Marth since Ike's original outfit is already blue... Yoshi's default is green, and that doesn't mean we won't have Luigi.

Zevox

Smash Lord
One of the videos in the video thread shows someone cycling through Ike's outfits. You see his default one, his gold-cape (definitely quite Greil-esque) one, and his white Sigurd-esque one. I highly suspect the Sigurd-esque one is the one people are mistaking for a Marth one - when viewed initially I even thought the white looked just blue enough for it to be, then paused and looked closer and realized I was in error.

And yeah, Knux is right - the remaining two have to be red and green for team battle purposes. Which means that the reports of his Marth outfit are, as I thought, in error. Probably those who believed it was such are the same ones who already thought the two look very similar to begin with.

Dagingabreadman said:
Sigurd was planned for 64 and melee?
There are rumors to that effect, yeah. Don't know about the 64 one, but Melee is believable - probably he was the one intended to be a clone of Marth, but got booted for Roy so he could do his advertising.

Zevox

-Knux-

Smash Ace
One of the videos in the video thread shows someone cycling through Ike's outfits. You see his default one, his gold-cape (definitely quite Greil-esque) one, and his white Sigurd-esque one. I highly suspect the Sigurd-esque one is the one people are mistaking for a Marth one - when viewed initially I even thought the white looked just blue enough for it to be, then paused and looked closer and realized I was in error.

And yeah, Knux is right - the remaining two have to be red and green for team battle purposes. Which means that the reports of his Marth outfit are, as I thought, in error. Probably those who believed it was such are the same ones who already thought the two look very similar to begin with.

There are rumors to that effect, yeah. Don't know about the 64 one, but Melee is believable - probably he was the one intended to be a clone of Marth, but got booted for Roy so he could do his advertising.

Zevox
I have just found the green costume for Ike. It's not a very good picture, but you can definitely see that it is green.

You can see it at 0:18 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlhwdvf_U14&NR=1

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
So it's Sigurd and not Marth? Good, I was afraid that the entire playable FE cast would be rom FE9/10. >_>

Royd

Smash Cadet
So it's Sigurd and not Marth? Good, I was afraid that the entire playable FE cast would be rom FE9/10. >_>
No, I think the fact that Ike's default colors are the same as Marth means Marth won't make it in. In order to get Ike to even look remotely like Sigurd, he have to choose a different color, and not his default.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMAO, that picture from the FFA with the green Ike is of me! I picked Ike and won just by walking up to people and f/usmashing. Toooo good.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
I played as Ike at E for all, and he was a silver/blue costume and a green costume. He is relly awesome!

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
they better have alt. costumes as unlockables in the final game

ikes lord costume is great, his RD costume would be cool too

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
LMAO, that picture from the FFA with the green Ike is of me! I picked Ike and won just by walking up to people and f/usmashing. Toooo good.
Nealdt!! Tell us your impressions on Ike please. Do you think he is good 1v1/competitive so far?

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Heh I cosplayed as Lord Ike from PoR, and I drew a full official art of His Vanguard form from RD. both are awsome costumes, and I would LOVE to see one of them in it, however I doubt they would, so far none of the color changing has ever changed the actual look for characters like Ike. Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff yes but that's cus they wouldn't look right as different colors so they had to add something to them.

Making completly alternate costumes unlockable would be cool though.

Hong

The Strongest
They should give your character an alternative outfit if you beat the game with them on classic.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but Ike's outfit with the yellow cape and black outfit is a tribute to Greil, his father.

If we can't get the Radiant Dawn Ike, I at least would like if the red outfit matches the colours.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I think that if any costume is unlockable it should be his Vanguard Ike. (complements of yours truly)
Wow, great drawing! I would actually love to see that as a costume for Ike...his merc outfit is cool, but that's even cooler!

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Not that that would be a problem. FE9/10 are 2 of the best in the series, and have a great cast. Ike is the most powerful lord in FE history, and in FE10 he is more or less the most powerful character in any FE. Godly stats, Aether and Ragnell......it's scary.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I think that if any costume is unlockable it should be his Vanguard Ike. (complements of yours truly)
oh the vanguard i love this promotion along with the lord and the hero ike is the coolest character in fire emblem and in the hole world he rocks ike in RD had an amazing speed btw it was 37/40 and i hope sothe could have a chance to be in brawl he will be the fastest

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i prefer the lord costume over the rd outfits, but all are great

yeah it would be cool if every character had tons of costumes that were downloadable

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
oh the vanguard i love this promotion along with the lord and the hero ike is the coolest character in fire emblem and in the hole world he rocks ike in RD had an amazing speed btw it was 37/40 and i hope sothe could have a chance to be in brawl he will be the fastest
Yeah..he's slow. And I mean REALLY slow. Like Bowser in Melee slow. But his attacks hit such a wide area, and are so strong, that it doesn't really matter.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
the only thing i have against his rd outfits is that one of his arms is sleevless in both, and i just don't really like the look of it, but still both are awesome

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Windlord. I'm impressed by your drawing. Great job on it. That would be a cool costume. :)

Does anyone know how many alternate costumes there will be for Ike?

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Thanx.

I'm guessing 6-7 Link has 7 and so far 6 of Ike's are confirmed. If he had a 7th I'm sure SOMEone would have seen it. That's assumign that there aren't any bonus unlockable costumes.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Thanks for that.
Unlockable costumes seems like an idea Sakurai would have.

Because of the custom stage feature they just announced today, I wonder if costumes will have customizable colors? That would be kind of cool.

So Ike probably has 6 different costumes. They might give him one more color since they have 103 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes, 20 seconds. (Thanks iGoogle Countdown Clock.)

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Here's hoping that Ike's Lord outfit or maybe even his Radiant Dawn outfit will be in Brawl...

Top Bottom