• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just wanted to also say my list was supposed to have a Rhythm Heaven character, as well as a Custom Robo character. They both didn't make it for various reasons. I really want a big Ray 01 in Smash, but unless I see some amazing surge in support or a sequel (both unlikely), I don't believe he'll make it in.

Also to clarify on Isa Jo, he's a WTF character. Saki won't make it, because right now due to his AT presence, he's too well known. Isa Jo is still relatively unknown, and the latest protagonist of Sin and Punishment. So I'm sticking with that choice.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just wanted to also say my list was supposed to have a Rhythm Heaven character, as well as a Custom Robo character. They both didn't make it for various reasons. I really want a big Ray 01 in Smash, but unless I see some amazing surge in support or a sequel (both unlikely), I don't believe he'll make it in.

Also to clarify on Isa Jo, he's a WTF character. Saki won't make it, because right now due to his AT presence, he's too well known. Isa Jo is still relatively unknown, and the latest protagonist of Sin and Punishment. So I'm sticking with that choice.
They could always just have Isa Jo take Saki's old position and have Saki join the fight instead. Just a suggestion

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
They could always just have Isa Jo take Saki's old position and have Saki join the fight instead. Just a suggestion
I'm honestly thinking of changing the WTF rep, not to Saki though, but to Mini Kangaroo, Sheriff, Diskun, or Nintendoji.

Think about it, all the WTF characters in the last 3 games (Mr, G&W, R.O.B., and WFT) have all been attached to a piece of hardware (I'm borrowing from @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's post yesterday). Well there isn't really anything left outside of the Virtual Boy which doesn't really have anything to represent it with, so what's left?

For one there's Sheriff, who could represent Nintendo's arcade days. Seeing he's Nintendo's first video game character (source?), he'd be a great WTF/hardware rep.

Then there's Mini Kangaroo, Nintendo's short-lived toy mascot. She can represent pre-video game Nintendo, by using toys like the Ultra hand and such. Seeing that no one really seemed to know who she was a month ago, I'd say she's definitely WTF worthy.

Next is Diskun, the infamous Melee trophy who was the logo for the Famicom disk system, a little known peripheral. I think that this one's the most unlikely, because of how hard it would be to make it work, but if they could the little guy definitely has the most star-power out of the group. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Lastly we got Nintendoji, Nintendo's love letter to it's humble beginnings as a card maker. Nintendoji is definitely WTF, as if I recall correctly the game he comes from was a Japanese Club Nintendo exclusive, so the amount of people who've actually had a chance to play with him has to be small. Being Japanese exclusive probably doesn't help though (I think Sakurai's mentioned that he doesn't want either side to feel left out) so I think this may be the least likely of the bunch.

Due to pure laziness, I'm not going to edit the post, but yeah if I did, I think Sheriff would be the choice (which sucks because he's my least favorite of the 4). I think Sakurai wants to represent Nintendo's video game history, more than just Nintendo history, and I think Sheriff is the best choice to do that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Statistically speaking, Sheriff could be the best character to represent Nintendo's arcade roots since he's far more memorable than other options. He just needs a bit of a redesign since the original sprites might be too simplistic and slow for Smash.

The ship from Space Fire Bird and Space Demon wouldn't work well because unlike Opa Opa, it's a massive spaceship that can't work as a fighter. It's like the equivalent of making the Galaga ship its own character.

Lastly, there's Sky Skipper from the arcade classic of the same name that works like your average Popeye cartoon. Think of a it as a more chaotic Sky Kid that involves you fighting a giant angry gorilla (Sounds familiar?). The problem with him is that most Americans would be more familiar with the horrible Atari port from the Parker Bros. that came out in America (The superior version from Nintendo was only released in Japan) and casuals might think of him as Popeye. :laugh:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Statistically speaking, Sheriff could be the best character to represent Nintendo's arcade roots since he's far more memorable than other options. He just needs a bit of a redesign since the original sprites might be too simplistic and slow for Smash.

I'd hope the redesign ends up being more Yosemite Sam, and less John Marston. Cartoony designs are just better in my opinion.

The ship from Space Fire Bird and Space Demon wouldn't work well because unlike Opa Opa, it's a massive spaceship that can't work as a fighter. It's like the equivalent of making the Galaga ship its own character.

Well you could put the bird or the protagonist on the cover. I know that's stretching it, but it's always a possibility.

Lastly, there's Sky Skipper from the arcade classic of the same name that works like your average Popeye cartoon. Think of a it as a more chaotic Sky Kid that involves you fighting a giant angry gorilla (Sounds familiar?). The problem with him is that most Americans would be more familiar with the horrible Atari port from the Parker Bros. that came out in America (The superior version from Nintendo was only released in Japan) and casuals might think of him as Popeye. :laugh:

...I'll stick with Sheriff.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
The Mini Kangaroo just sounds like a WTF character to have for the sake of having a WTF character. Not to mention it really doesn't sound appealing moveset wise.

:094:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The Mini Kangaroo just sounds like a WTF character to have for the sake of having a WTF character. Not to mention it really doesn't sound appealing moveset wise.

:094:
What's the point of having a WTF character anyway? For shock value, that's what. MK can obviously provide that.

It also, as I wrote before, can rep the toymaker era, so it serves a purpose.

I think her move set ideas are just as appealing as some of the ish I've seen from more heavily requested charcters. She's a kangaroo ffs, how bad can it be? Whether she's doing stand dropkicks, using her joey as a "puppet", or utilizing toys to destroy folks, I think there's a little something to like there.

I don't see why people waste time on hating a character like this. How could you feel any kind of way then just like or indifferent for a character that matters so little?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

How is Sheriff more memorable? Most people today only know him from that Melee trophy or from that SSB4 Assist Trophy. :dizzy: Not to mention he's Japan-only on top of being obscure even in Japan.

I always wanted a Sky Skipper stage... I had an idea where characters fight on a biplane as it flies around the playing card castle... but then Pilotwings stage happened. Embarrass Oh well, doesn't matter... it's not like we cannot have another plane stage in Smash when we have two Pokemon Stadiums, two Pokemon Leagues, two Smashvilles, two Flat Zones, two Mario Circuits, and about a dozen Mushroom Kingdoms. :psycho:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How is Sheriff more memorable? Most people today only know him from that Melee trophy or from that SSB4 Assist Trophy. :dizzy: Not to mention he's Japan-only on top of being obscure even in Japan.

I always wanted a Sky Skipper stage... I had an idea where characters fight on a biplane as it flies around the playing card castle... but then Pilotwings stage happened. Embarrass Oh well, doesn't matter... it's not like we cannot have another plane stage in Smash when we have two Pokemon Stadiums, two Pokemon Leagues, two Smashvilles, two Flat Zones, two Mario Circuits, and about a dozen Mushroom Kingdoms. :psycho:
It's more along the lines of people knowing Sheriff more than Sky Skipper and Space Fire Bird (Demon). And yes, the trophies and cameo in WarioWare had something to do with it.

Exidy did export the Sheriff arcade to the West though, but under a different name called Bandido.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

It's more along the lines of people knowing Sheriff more than Sky Skipper and Space Fire Bird (Demon). And yes, the trophies and cameo in WarioWare had something to do with it.

Exidy did export the Sheriff arcade to the West though, but under a different name called Bandido.

Yeah, as someone who's not super into arcade Nintendo, I knew who Sheriff was. Melee's trophy had everything to do with that. Never once did I hear of the other 2 before yesterday, and I'm a fairly dedicated gamer so I think that says enough on how he's more memorable.

badfart47

Smash Rookie
This looks awesome! Imma give it a try!

VETERANS

:4drmario:(further decloned)*:4mario::4luigi:*:4peach::rosalina::4bowser::4bowserjr:*:4yoshi::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:(further decloned)*:4dk::4diddy::4wario:*:4samus::4zss::4marth:*:4robinm::4myfriends::4lucina:(further decloned)*:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:*:4tlink:*:4gaw:*:popo::4rob:*:4duckhunt:*:4littlemac::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco:*:wolf:*:4falcon:*:4ness:*:4lucas::4shulk::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff:*:4mewtwo:*:4lucario:*:4greninja::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::snake:*:4pacman:*:4megaman:*:4sonic:*:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

CUTS

:pichumelee::younglinkmelee::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::4feroy::4ryu:

NEWCOMERS

• Captain Toad (Mario) - Most deserving Mario rep. at this point. His Captain Toad attire finally gives him something unique in the form of a 'backpack' gimmick. Captain Toadette as alt.
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) - Most deserving DK rep. hands down! Tons of moveset potential, plus villain status.
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - Has been recently revived in Tropical Freeze (something King K. Rool begs for to this day) and could have a unique moveset following her hair. Also, she's a female!
  • Waluigi (Wario)* - Could represent the Mario Spin-off series really well. I just really want him, okay! Is that a crime?
  • Ridley (Metroid) - Metroid just simply needs more reps. besides Samus and... Samus. And don't even start with me on the whole argument that he's too big because it has been proven time and time again that he isn't. It just amazes me that he hasn't been added in yet, really.
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda) - Zelda didn't get a new rep. this time around and, in the end, she's the most logical choice. She is also female.
  • Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda) - I just really want him! He was an awesome and unique villain and it's super easy to come up with a moveset for him!
  • Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)* - The Retro pick this time around and, arguably, the next one in line at that. Obviously, he'd have an entire moveset revolving around balloons! Plus, it'd be a nice nod to the recently deceased Satoru Iwata.
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby) - Next in line for the Kirby reps. Plus, he's so cute, yet badass at the same time!
  • Krystal (Star Fox) - Also next up to bat. She's a female and wouldn't be a clone of Fox as she'd have a moveset based on her staff.
  • Sceptile (Pokemon) - We are currently missing the grass starter in the water, fire, grass trio and my O.C.D. is acting up. He's the obvious choice because of the recently released Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Duo of games. In addition, he has a brand new Mega Evolution, which would act as his final smash.
  • Wonder-Red (The Wonderful 101) - This under appreciated series needs some love, man! And he just fits in so well with the rest of the cast!
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Seems like Nintendo has been trying to revive this samurai recently and I'm all down for it.
  • Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) - A 'big' Nintendo series that hasn't been represented yet, surprisingly. I don't know why either. He'd be so unique!
  • Inkling (Splatoon) - Big new Nintendo IP that they've been pushing out into the public's eye vigorously non-stop recently... and it worked! Splatoon was a huge success and they'll no doubt be in the next smash. They'd have a unique 'paint' mechanic and both adorable male and female versions.
  • Isaac (Golden Sun) - It is a true mystery why Isaac has not been represented as a playable character in Smash as of yet. He's highly requested, is no longer an assist trophy, has critically acclaimed games, and has a crap ton of moveset potential.
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven) - Another big Nintendo IP that has yet to be represented. Honestly I'd be happy with just about anybody, but they seem the most popular.
  • Monita (Nintendo Land) - The WTF a.k.a. Troll pick this game on par (if not above) Wii Fit Trainer. She'd be the first 'summoner' in Smash forcing numerous park attractions to fight for her. What about a final smash? Easy. The Robot Ridley. Thus, commencing the most saltiest tears to be spread worldwide (assuming she'd be revealed before Ridley himself, of course). Honestly, I just love the idea of her and the internet just absolutely exploding at the announcement of her inclusion. Also, as previously mentioned throughout this little paragraph, she'd be another female rep.
  • Rayman (Rayman)* - The next logical third-party representative of another big company. Maybe not as iconic as PAC-MAN, Mario, or Sonic, but really high up there.

ARRANGEMENT

Total Characters = 75. I just couldn't resist! :3
Possible Cuts = None! I'd delay the game further! :p

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If there'd be no more DLC fighters for Smash 4, and if I were in charge of roster picking for, let's say, Sm5sh for the upcoming NX console...

:4gaw::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::GCA::GCB::4littlemac::GCX::4duckhunt::popo::4rob:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4ness::4marth::4feroy::GCY::4drmario::4yoshi::4falcon:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::GCLT::4wario::GCRT::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4charizard::4lucario::GCZ::251:
:4villager::GCDpad::4olimar::4wiifit::GCStart::4shulk::GCN::GCCN::4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::substitute::4mii::?:

:GCA:= King K. Rool
:GCB:= Dixie Kong
:GCX:= Super Macho Man
:GCY:= Corrin (from Fire Emblem Fates)
:GCLT:= Bandana Dee
:GCRT:= 9-Volt
:GCZ:= 7th Generation Pokemon
:GCDpad:= Isaac
:GCStart:= Rhythm Heaven
:GCN:= Elma (from Xenoblade Chronicles X)
:GCCN:= Inkling
:substitute:= Rayman

Dr. Mario now has his own specific Dr. Mario universe.
The roster is organized in order of universes the fighters represent except of course the 3rd party ones and the Miis.

Here's a list of unlockables in order of how many Smash battles you do (I've no idea on what the modes would be like)

10 Battles: Dr. Mario
30 Battles: Toon Link
60 Battles: Corrin
100 Battles: Villager
150 Battles: Bandana Dee
210 Battles: R.O.B.
280 Battles: Palutena
360 Battles: Rosalina & Luma
450 Battles: Elma
550 Battles: Dixie Kong
660 Battles: 9-Volt
780 Battles: Wolf
910 Battles: Super Macho Man
1050 Battles: Celebi
1200 Battles: Rhythm Heaven

The All-Star Mode would for the 3rd time not be available until all fighters are unlocked. Here's my order:

ROUND 1: ORIGINAL EIGHT
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu:
ROUND 2: EARLY NEWCOMERS
:4luigi::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4ness::4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4sheik:
ROUND 3: NEW FACES
:4drmario::4ganondorf::4falco::4mewtwo::popo::4marth::4feroy::4gaw:
ROUND 4: SIDESHOW BRAWLERS
:4diddy::4tlink::4zss::4dedede::4metaknight::wolf::4charizard::4lucario:
ROUND 5: MORE REPRESENTATIVES
:4pit::4wario::4olimar::4rob::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk:
ROUND 6: FORTHCOMING SMASHERS
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4palutena::4duckhunt::GCA::GCZ::GCDpad::GCCN:
ROUND 7: NEWCOMING UNLOCKABLES
:GCB::GCLT::251::GCY::GCRT::GCX::GCN::GCStart:
ROUND 8: ANYTHING GOES
:4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::substitute::4mii::?:

:?:= The same character you're playing as

There would be continues and 3 Heart containers

Also for Event All-Stars:

All-Star 12 Event:
Fight against all 12 of the N64 veterans at once!
:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4ness:

All-Star 24 Event:
The fighters of Melee join forces!
:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4ness:
:4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4falco::4mewtwo::popo::4marth::4feroy::4gaw:

All-Star 36 Event:
It's a Brawl against the fighters who fought in the Subspace Emissary!
:4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4falco::popo::4marth::4gaw::4diddy::4tlink::4zss:
:4dedede::4metaknight::wolf::4charizard::4lucario::4pit::4wario::4olimar::4rob::snake::4sonic::?:

All-Star 48 Event:
Test your skills as you challenge against the fighters of the 4th series!
:4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4falco::4mewtwo::4marth::4feroy::4gaw::4diddy:
:4tlink::4zss::4dedede::4metaknight::4charizard::4lucario::4pit::4wario::4olimar::4rob::rosalina::4bowserjr:
:4palutena::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4duckhunt::4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::?:

All-Star 64 Event:
This is the ultimate battle, one vs. the 64 fighters of this Smash!
:4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4falco::4mewtwo::popo::4marth::4feroy::4gaw:
:4diddy::4tlink::4zss::4dedede::4metaknight::wolf::4charizard::4lucario::4pit::4wario::4olimar::4rob:
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4palutena::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4duckhunt::GCA::GCB::GCZ::GCLT:
:251::GCY::GCRT::GCX::GCN::GCDpad::GCStart::GCCN::4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman:
:4sonic::substitute::4mii::?:

:?:= A larger version of the character you'd play as.

These All-Star matches play like the Multi-Man smashes.

Of course, not only do we have the tradition of having the original 12 playable in every game, there's also the tradition of having both highly-requested newcomers to weirdly chosen ones.

What do you think of that?
Now, I also want to include how Classic Mode would look like as well as revive Melee Adventure Mode in a bigger fashion.

Vs. 1
Vs. 2
Bonus (Break The Targets)
Vs. 3
Vs. 4
Bonus (Trophy Attack)
Vs. 5
Vs. 6
Bonus (Race To The Finish)
Vs. 7
Vs. Team
Vs. Master Hand/Crazy Hand

You may at least at one point encounter a Metal/Giant opponent or (except for 1/5/7) a team battle.

ADVENTURE MODE

A mysterious being called the Smash Sorcerer challenges the character you pick into surviving through 28 different universes and then going on to defeat him to become the ultimate Smash fighter.

1. Flat Zone
2. Duck Hunt
3. Summit
4. Norfair
Boss (Ridley)
5. Onett
6. Yoshi's Island
7. Mute City
8. Weyard
Boss (Tret Tree)
9. Distant Planet
10. Wii Fit Studio
11. Octovalley
12. Dr. Mario
Boss (Virus Trio)
13. Hyrule Castle
14. Castle Siege
15. Animal Village
16. Dreamland
Boss (Kracko)
17. Gyromite Lab
18. Palutena's Temple
19. Mushroom Kingdom
20. Gaur Plain
Boss (Metalface)
21. DK Isle
22. WarioWare
23. Corneria
24. Boxing Ring
Boss (King Hippo)
25. Pokémon League
26. Rhythm Heaven
27. Mystery Maze
28. Sorcerer's Tower
Boss (Smash Sorcerer)
Final Boss (Tabuu)

The order of Adventure Mode is the first universes you encounter only feature default characters and only the later universes starting with Dr. Mario has unlockable characters.

Classic and All-Star have the Character Roll Call while Adventure has the main credits.

Last edited:

matt91486

Smash Rookie
I would, as others have, had all returning Smash 4 characters (with appropriate moveset changes to Dr. Mario, Dark Pit), and I would bring back all cuts except for Pichu.

This limits the additions to remain below 70, but here goes:

1. Ryota Hayami [Akami Hayami alt] (Wave Race/1080 Snowboarding)
2. Isaac (Golden Sun)
3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5. Impa (Zelda) [Based on Hyrule Warriors iteration]
6. Jibanyan (Yokai Watch) - I think by however many years from now the game comes out, this will be a necessity.
7. Inkling (Splatoon)
8. Andy (Advance Wars)
9. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
10. Lark (Pilotwings)
11. Bomberman (Bomberman)

I think that puts me at 70, but may have miscounted with the returning veterans.

I've posted in this thread before, but my opinions on the future of Smash are always changing. Right now, I'm entertaining the notion of going the "Pokémon X/Y" route where the expansion of new characters is smaller than usual, but each addition is specifically designed to shake up the last game's status quo.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4pit::4ness::4falcon::4fox::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4mii:

Those icons sure are fun, aren't they?

Anyway, with so many beloved characters already returning, I propose eight totally unique new characters, diverse from each other and from anyone already present. This is a big roster and yields 1,176 match-ups that need to be worked on, not counting the Mii fighters, who are balanced differently. It would require a team just as big as the one that worked on Smash 4, and probably require another 2.5 year development period to pull it off.

As for specific newcomers, I haven't given it much thought, because right now almost any character could be handled as Smash 4 DLC. For newcomers for Smash 5, it will have to be things that logistically can't be done right now. For example, Inkling's ink may require an engine that specifically accommodates it, while Ridley's jumbo size can be taken into account while normalizing the sizes of fighters. Again, those are just examples.

My other, opposite idea for Smash 5 is just massive cuts to make room for a lot of new characters, but people would be upset with that, and I can't think of many characters that are good enough to bump off existing ones.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If I were to make an ultimate Smash game... I would have put in all the playable characters from all Smash games... even if it means having both Young Link and Toon Link, so be it... and I would bring back all the stages from all the games... that would be well over 100 stages... I would also make Metal Mario's Cave from Smash 64 and Mushroom Kingdom, Underground Maze, Brinstar Escape Shaft, and F-Zero Grand Prix from Melee Adventure Mode into stages.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Any thoughts, criticisms, etc. on my roster idea below? All former characters except for Snake return along with 22-ish newcomers. Admittedly 22 is a bit too much, but whatevs.
Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina & Luma
Boswer Jr.
Wario
Dr. Mario
Captain Toad

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Retro
Mr. Game & Watch
Duck Hunt
R.O.B.
Takamaru

Punch-Out!! series
Little Mac

Ice Climbers series
Ice Climbers

Zelda series
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Impa

Metroid series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Roy
Azura/Corrin/Upcoming FE game rep

Kirby series
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Waddle Dee

Star Fox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal/Slippy

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Mewtwo
7th/8th Generation Pokemon

EarthBound series
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon

Golden Sun series
Isaac

Animal Crossing series
Villager
Animal Villager (Various neighbor alts, as well as Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc.)

Pikmin series
Olimar

Wii
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii (more types of fighters)

Xenoblade series
Shulk
Elma

The Wonderful 101 series
Wonder Red

Nintendo Land series
Monita

Splatoon series
Inkling

Chibi-Robo! series
Chibi-Robo

3rd Party
Pacman
Mega Man
Sonic
Ryu
Rayman
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Jibanyan

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Updated it with a few new changes like using the less ugly Smashified Isaac for his mugshot. I've readded Smake since he's one of those veteran characters who are guaranteed to sell a lot if he were DLC. Axed Hayabusa in favor of Krystal to avoid implications of Tecmo bias and Star Fox is perfect for DLC. Wanted to add Chibi Robo somewhere and figured that Style Savvy would be the perfect virgin sacrifice to kill off in order to make room for him. Mini-Kangaroo is officially dead and I've readded an old favorite of mines since we are in dire need of more robots and that "controversial" Virtual Boy representation. And Shulk finally got that well deserved Cross alt that he needed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Updated it with a few new changes like using the less ugly Smashified Isaac for his mugshot. I've readded Smake since he's one of those veteran characters who are guaranteed to sell a lot if he were DLC. Axed Hayabusa in favor of Krystal to avoid implications of Tecmo bias and Star Fox is perfect for DLC. Wanted to add Chibi Robo somewhere and figured that Style Savvy would be the perfect virgin sacrifice to kill off in order to make room for him. Mini-Kangaroo is officially dead and I've readded an old favorite of mines since we are in dire need of more robots and that "controversial" Virtual Boy representation. And Shulk finally got that well deserved Cross alt that he needed.
If I may ask, who is Yuuri?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I may ask, who is Yuuri?
@ Schnee117 Schnee117 is right, she's from the upcoming Fatal Frame title. I can imagine her having a gimmick based on changing the "gears" for her Camera Obscura, complete with the Capture Circle to accurately "capture" opponents based on the radius of the circle itself. Plus ghosts from the older games will be involve for maneuvers like attacking, diving, scaring, or possessing (It can be mostly be the generic ones since the Hanged Woman among other mutilated spirits would indeed be too dark for Smash).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Not to be adversarial (or to start a flame war for that matter), but what made you choose Krystal over Slippy? I was under the impression you thought he had more to offer.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not to be adversarial (or to start a flame war for that matter), but what made you choose Krystal over Slippy? I was under the impression you thought he had more to offer.
While I prefer Slippy as a character, I feel that Krystal has a bigger chance at making it due to her overwhelming requests. Then there's the fact that the poor amphibian does have that "infamous" reputation in the Star Fox fandom overall (Fox, get this guy off me!). I'd rather want to see how big his expanded role is in Star Fox Zero (preferably in a more explanatory Nintendo Direct) before thinking he's guaranteed over that blue vixen, even if he does have that Mario Maker outfit going for him. :awesome:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
While I prefer Slippy as a character, I feel that Krystal has a bigger chance at making it due to her overwhelming requests. Then there's the fact that the poor amphibian does have that "infamous" reputation in the Star Fox fandom overall (Fox, get this guy off me!). I'd rather want to see how big his expanded role is in Star Fox Zero (preferably in a more explanatory Nintendo Direct) before thinking he's guaranteed over that blue vixen, even if he does have that Mario Maker outfit going for him. :awesome:
To be honest with you, it's hard to believe he could grow more important than he already is as the lead engineer. I'm interested in seeing where his role expands from there myself. I also think that characterization of him as an incompetent pilot is unfair. Firstly, every member in the team frequently needed help as far back as the first game in the series. In Assault, Slippy and Krystal actually get into the least amount trouble. It's Falco, the ace pilot mind you, who blows up Fox's intercom. As for Peppy... Well... I think you can remember this quote: "Enemy down! Wait, that was one of ours!" I'm envious of that Mario Maker outfit by the way. Please try not to rub it in my face too often or I'll turn into a big pile of jelly. :p

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

Out of curiosity, who's Harry in your roster? I never seen that character before.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Out of curiosity, who's Harry in your roster? I never seen that character before.
Harry is a character from the Virtual Boy boxing game Teleroboxer. He's one of the few characters who's a protagonist of the few original titles released for that platform. I can envision him as a traditional boxer with a robotic twist, in addition to attacks that reference other Vitrual Boy titles (Galactic Pinball, etc).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seems pretty good - I have no knowledge about Yokai Watch or Professor Layton, so I can't comment on those, but I just have one criticism, which I've bolded below.

Any thoughts, criticisms, etc. on my roster idea below? All former characters except for Snake return

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mario

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4drmario:

+ Daisy, Waluigi, Paper Mario

DK

:4dk::4diddy:

+ King K Rool, Dixie Kong

LoZ

:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: (Ganondorf is decloned and Toon Link is given a more WW-like moveset)

+ :younglinkmelee: (Melee moveset + MM masks as transformations), Impa, Beast Ganon, Tetra

Metroid

:4samus::4zss:

Yoshi

:4yoshi:

Kirby

:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:

+ Bandana Dee

SF

:4fox::4falco:

+ :wolf:, Krystal

PKMN

:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:

+ :pt:(With his 3 PKMN back), :pichumelee: (with an added gimmick of his damage and knockback increasing the more he's damaged), 7/8/9th Gen PKMN

F-Zero

:4falcon:

+ Black Shadow (Using Ganondorf's current moveset)

Mother

:4ness::4lucas:

+ Ninten

FE

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm:

+ Lyn, Anna, FE14/15/16/17 character

KI

:4pit::4palutena:

+ Virdi, Hades

Wario

:4wario:/:4wario2:(An idea I had was for a mix between a Wario Land moveset for the people that want that moveset from Wario and a WarioWare moveset for people that like the current Wario in the game. Basically, you can choose between either WL Wario or WW Wario much like Zelda/Sheik and then you can switch between the two using Down B)

Other Nintendo

:4shulk::4littlemac::4villager::4olimar:

+ Isaac, Andy, 2nd AC rep, Alph (as a semi clone of Olimar), 2nd Xenoblade rep, Inklings, Chibi Robo, Custom Ray

Retro

:4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:

+ :popo:, Takamaru

Third Party

:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:

+ :snake:, Rayman, Bomberman, Heihachi Mishima, Simon Belmont, Black Mage

Cuts

:4wiifit::4lucina::4darkpit:(Lucina and DP turned in to alts for Marth/Pit respectively)

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
MoreLikelyRoster.png

Have another revision of my roster... Again, Criticisms are appreciated.

(Again, Yellow boxes are SUGGESTIONS for DLC that would be given to the team.)

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
View attachment 70106
Have another revision of my roster... Again, Criticisms are appreciated.

(Again, Yellow boxes are SUGGESTIONS for DLC that would be given to the team.)
I honestly can't see Toon Link as an alt. it makes no sense since his physics aren't remotely close to Link

Also, Lana makes no sense

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I honestly can't see Toon Link as an alt. it makes no sense since his physics aren't remotely close to Link

Also, Lana makes no sense
It really mostly comes from the fact I've seen clones typically turned into costumes ((Pichu and a few others being an example... Also why Dark Pit and Lucina are costumes)) I thought maybe it would be possible to do, I'd probably include Young Link as another Alt Costume too I guess... You never know how advanced technology can get these days I guess. I guess you could blame me considering I never noticed much of a difference between Toon and Regular Link besides their look.

Lana seems to be somewhat popular and even has a support thread here if I recall... And really, I try to also cater to others with Issac and a few others that seem to be quite wanted. ((I indeed was going to include them in the original roster... But the spacing and such would have been completely ****ed up sadly.))

Last edited:
It really mostly comes from the fact I've seen clones typically turned into costumes ((Pichu and a few others being an example... Also why Dark Pit and Lucina are costumes)) I thought maybe it would be possible to do, I'd probably include Young Link as another Alt Costume too I guess... You never know how advanced technology can get these days I guess. I guess you could blame me considering I never noticed much of a difference between Toon and Regular Link besides their look.

Lana seems to be somewhat popular and even has a support thread here if I recall... And really, I try to also cater to others with Issac and a few others that seem to be quite wanted. ((I indeed was going to include them in the original roster... But the spacing and such would have been completely ****ed up sadly.))
The trouble with Pichu and Toon Link is the difference in body size and shape. There's no way they could share the same collision boxes as Pikachu and Link; they'd have to be separate characters.

Also, by reducing Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit to being costumes, that means they lose what made them stand out before; Dr. Mario would have to lose his pills and use fireballs and the F.L.U.D.D., Dark Pit would have to borrow the Upperdash Arm and the Great Sacred Treasures, etc. Even their taunts would have to be the same as the base character, since taunts affect matches.

Just some things to consider! I don't mean to chew you up over costumes though when you've picked out good characters like Wolf, ICs, Dixie, Lana, Inkling, Paper Mario, Slime, Bomberman and Rhythm Girl.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord

Got bored and made a new roster...64 characters in total (no, the question block is not a character).
ROW 1: Mario, Luigi, Peach, (Captain) Toad, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy, K. Rool
ROW 2: Link, Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tingle, Yoshi, Kamek, Wario, Rhythm Girl
ROW 3: Samus, Ridley, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede, Fox, Wolf, Captain Falcon
ROW 4: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Serperior, Greninja, Lucario, Mew-Two, Olimar, Takamaru, Dog & Duck
ROW 5: Marth, Caeda, Ike, Robin, Ness, Porky, Little Mac, ExciteBiker, Ice Climbers, Andy
ROW 6: Villager, Chibi-Robo, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Inkling, Sonic, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Mog & Chocobo
ROW 7: Mii Fighters, ROB, Game & Watch, Mini-Kangaroo

OTHER NOTES
Some absent characters are alternates, and their differences are available via customization for either them or the main character.
Dr. Mario: Alt. for Mario
Sheik: Alt. for Impa
Zero Suit Samus: Can be activated the old way, via Final Smash, but only optionally, and is also selectable by herself under regular Samus’s slot. Not an alternate costume/similar moveset thing.
Dark Pit: Alt. for Pit
Falco: Alt. for Fox
Lucina/Roy: Alts. for Marth
Lucas: Alt. for Ness
And of course, male/female alternates for Robin, Villager, WFT, and Inkling, as well as the Koopaling alternates for Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Wolf are further “Luigi-fied”. Ganondorf now uses a few more magical attacks and some trident-based moves, but doesn’t lose the heavy, strongness he is now known for in Smash.
Toon Link’s Specials now make more use of different items, such as Fire/Ice Arrows, the Slingshot and the Deku Leaf.
Wolf uses explosives, laser rifles, and the Wolfen for his Final Smash. As a side-note, Fox’s new Final Smash also calls in the rest of Team StarFox in their Arwings to help him out.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The trouble with Pichu and Toon Link is the difference in body size and shape. There's no way they could share the same collision boxes as Pikachu and Link; they'd have to be separate characters.

Also, by reducing Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit to being costumes, that means they lose what made them stand out before; Dr. Mario would have to lose his pills and use fireballs and the F.L.U.D.D., Dark Pit would have to borrow the Upperdash Arm and the Great Sacred Treasures, etc. Even their taunts would have to be the same as the base character, since taunts affect matches.

Just some things to consider! I don't mean to chew you up over costumes though when you've picked out good characters like Wolf, ICs, Dixie, Lana, Inkling, Paper Mario, Slime, Bomberman and Rhythm Girl.
They really don't stand out all that much anyway. If pills, taunts, and a final smash are the only things justifying these character's appearances, I think they're better suited for costumes.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Plus I do kinda want to add, Mario would be getting his Melee moveset by default if I made it (F.L.U.D.D. Is still an equitable custom move, don't worry. I promised the custom moves would be more varied and better, really.) Plus Project M made Dr. Mario an Alt Costume... Of which he still could shoot pills and have other effects just fine. I don't think it would be that difficult then, really. Thanks for your feedback and whatnot though... I probably will think a bit more for some of the characters you mentioned and so on, maybe even expand it a bit more if possible without making it a mess. Again, Thanks for the feedback.

We're all friends here. :)

Last edited:
They really don't stand out all that much anyway. If pills, taunts, and a final smash are the only things justifying these character's appearances, I think they're better suited for costumes.
Is a Dr. Mario aficionado going to be happy to see him again if he is reduced to a Mario costume? About as happy as K. Rool's fans are to see that Mii costume, I'm sure. It's pointless; it would be better to remove those characters altogether than to reduce them to that.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Is a Dr. Mario aficionado going to be happy to see him again if he is reduced to a Mario costume? About as happy as K. Rool's fans are to see that Mii costume, I'm sure. It's pointless; it would be better to remove those characters altogether than to reduce them to that.
Those characters, and examples aren't even close to being comparable.

King K.Rool is not a Mii. The Mii costume does not bring K.Rool's move set, personality, or size just by being there, it just brings a skin. While you may be saying, "well, that's what you're trying to do with Dr.Mario, turn him into a skin" you have to realize, that's all Doc is anyway. Dr. Mario IS Mario. The only thing that's different is the coat. While Dr.Mario fans may not be happy with that fact, it's undeniable that he could (and should) easily be made a costume. The others can be debated, but Dr. Mario having his own slot is as pointless as it gets.

Those characters, and examples aren't even close to being comparable.

King K.Rool is not a Mii. The Mii costume does not bring K.Rool's move set, personality, or size just by being there, it just brings a skin. While you may be saying, "well, that's what you're trying to do with Dr.Mario, turn him into a skin" you have to realize, that's all Doc is anyway. Dr. Mario IS Mario. The only thing that's different is the coat. While Dr.Mario fans may not be happy with that fact, it's undeniable that he could (and should) easily be made a costume. The others can be debated, but Dr. Mario having his own slot is as pointless as it gets.
The two being the same person in canon is not as important as how they differ in gameplay. We seem to have narrowed down on Doc, but your argument for why he should be a skin doesn't cover the cases of Lucina or Dark Pit.

I'm just going to have to disagree with you on this, chieftain. A character should return in its entirety or it shouldn't return at all - the compromise you're suggesting wouldn't really make anyone happy.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
With Lucina being basically the same exact thing as Marth I can safely say that's really all that needs to be for a costume, For Dark Pit... I think I explain it better here and I have to say: Even if you hated Pichu, at least he had a gimmick or so that made him really stand out. Dark Pit... It's just like his Down B could have been a custom move, again.
Yes, he has a different down special but that's barely noticable when you are playing for the most part. It's like giving Shadow Mario a playable character slot and just having his down special be some sort of paintbrush attack or something. At least even Dr. Mario retained his Melee playstyle and was made heavier and slower. (and stronger but worse for recovery compared to Mario)
And considering I bring back Melee Mario ((with him being like Project M having strength of that between Doc and Regular Mario... Considering he was buffed in 4)) I really don't see the need to make him his own slot again, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom