• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add a character to the roster without having to have child friendliness in mind...

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Yeah, what it says on the tin. If you could add a character stemming from a violence-heavy, sexual or otherwise inappropriate-for-children-game, who would it be? Do you have any moveset ideas as well?

I personally would add Clementine from Telltale's The Walking Dead. "But MioTinto, come on now! Why not Lee? He'd whoop ass with his fire axe, and he was the initial protagonist, too!" well, mostly because Clem's been through so much crap that I want to see her having fun and be happy. Lee could however still be a nice aid in Clem's final smash, though! Imagine Lee butting in and guiding her in putting a swarm of bullets in the enemy, like when he first teaches her to shoot. Her alt. costumes could come from her different outfits at different parts of the game, stuff like her jacket from S2E3 and all that snazz. She could also have her season 1 look as an alternate costume, with yet another one where she sports the hoodie she wears if you decide to loot the car. She could also have a special in which she smears herself in walker guts and gets a temporary random stat boost, WFT style. To make sure her moveset isn't bullets all over, her side smash could be a random improvised weapon (like the glass bottle and baseball bat she uses at one occasion, and the hammer she mentioned she considered dropping on Lee from her treehouse), think Peach's side smash.

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Shin Megami Tensei games, any of the characters from the SMT 1 / 2 / 4 / Strange Journey or perhaps the spin off characters like Devil Survivor or Soul Hackers. Even a Persona Q character would be fine since it's technically a SMT spin-off and it would be more "child-friendly" I suppose.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Pious Augustus because he's a Roman centurion turned undead warlock that has a staff made out of a spine, pelvis, and other bones.

If that's not gritty I don't know what is.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta. Though it wouldn't bother me if she was toned down to be put in the game, like she was in Anarchy Reigns - I'd just like to see her in Smash Bros. in general.

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
I feel a lot of people would agree with me on this. Lloyd Irving from Tales Of Symphonia.

His color scheme could work a lot like this, or costumes from inside of the game.

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
I feel a lot of people would agree with me on this. Lloyd Irving from Tales Of Symphonia.
I've never even played the games and I'd want to play him. I'm assuming he's a dual swordsman and that's already a steal for me, also he looks really cool. I really like the simple and cool design that doesn't try to hard to look cool.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

His color scheme could work a lot like this, or costumes from inside of the game.
I've played Tales of Symphonia and I can't see anything about Llyod that wouldn't be child friendly, at least nothing that would make it into smash bros.

I don't think he belongs in this thread.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'd pick Moge-Ko from Mogeko Castle. That woman is absolutely nuts, and her love of torturing and inflicting pain and suffering could easily translate into a high-damage, low-KO-power moveset.

Last edited:

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
I've played Tales of Symphonia and I can't see anything about Llyod that wouldn't be child friendly, at least nothing that would make it into smash bros.

I don't think he belongs in this thread.

In ToS, he does a lot of calling people "********" and a lot of other actions that wouldn't be ideal for some people

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd go with the consensus and say Bayonetta, Travis Touchdown or some horror rep (like an Eternal Darkness character).

I would say Conker if he didn't belong to Microsoft.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bayonetta and someone from the Resident Evil games are those that came in mind.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In ToS, he does a lot of calling people "*******s" and a lot of other actions that wouldn't be ideal for some people
That could be left out though. It's not a huge part of his character.

I don't (and I doubt anyone else) thinks of Lloyd as "that vulgar guy who curses everyone out".

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
I would say Yuki Terumi from the Blazblue series. He is a sadist (His moves reflect his sadism Ex.Stomping on the opponent when downing , cutting off Ragna's arms and killing his family while laughing about it) and a troll (Provokes and taunts Ragna to the point where he is extremely angry and enraged)

PF9

Smash Lord
I would say the main character from South Park: The Stick of Truth...but that game is in turn based on a TV show.

A more realistic option would be Bayonetta or Jill Valentine. Maybe both could be in a DLC pack with Snake.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It would definitely be Max Damage from Carmageddon :grrr: Blue Falcon vs the Eagle!
Or Garrett from the Thief series (stealth gameplay in Smash, lol)

Top Bottom