• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If SSB4 had room for one more Forgotten Nintendo Character

If SSB4 had room for one more Forgotten Nintendo Character who would you pick?

• Lip

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • Donbe & Hikari

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Prince Sable

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Excite Biker

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Mach Rider

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • Balloon Fighter

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Mike Jones

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • Pilot Wings Rep

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Muddly Mole

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Diskun

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ayumi Tachibana

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Mr. Sheriff

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Duck Hunt Dog

Votes: 54 32.0%
  • 1080 Snow Boarding Rep

• Wave Race Rep

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Treasure Heroes (sorry if the name is wrong)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sukapon

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • DK Junior

• Tamagon

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Urban Champion

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Bubbles

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • The Marvelous Heroes

• Hakkun

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Lolo

• Wanda

• Kururin

• Little Boy

• Cubivore

• Koto Battle Protagonist

• Tantei Club Protagonist

• Goku

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • F-Type

• Sky Skipper

• Fighter Hayabusa

• Nester

• Doshin

• Jashin

• Hiro

• Mike Anderson

• Goose

• Mr. Stevenson

• Harry

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Time Twist Protagonist

• Demille

• Pockle

• John Solver

• Boy/Girl

• Oni

• Satella and Parabo

• Mini Kangaroo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I would like to ask a question to all of you. If Nintendo had room for one more forgotten character to SSB4, who would you want?

Please do not flame in this thread.

P.S. You are allowed to vote for more than one candidate and the poll will close October 3rd, the day of SSB4 USA release.

Edt: I am sorry for forgetting any characters in this poll, I will try to have a Mod change it so I can add more characters.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whoops. Voted without reading I can vote for more than one.

Balloon Fighter would of been my other choice, but Duck Hunt Dog's the least forgotten of the forgotten characters.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Tough. I clicked Donbe and Hikari but switched to Ayumi, mainly because she's from a Mystery game and could play like Phoenix Wright. I would like D+H, Ayumi, Lip, and DHD if they could all be added.

EDIT:

Shoot, I didn't realize it was multiple.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Tough. I clicked Donbe and Hikari but switched to Ayumi, mainly because she's from a Mystery game and could play like Phoenix Wright. I would like D+H, Ayumi, Lip, and DHD if they could all be added.

EDIT:

Shoot, I didn't realize it was multiple.
I figured people wanted more than one vote.

P.S. What is DHD?

mark welford

Smash Ace
I know I can vote multiple but I decided to vote once for donbe and hikari nobody can say that the piece of music in SSBB that was dedicated to them was not awesome. I imagine they would work like ice climbers after that soundtrack was on the summit

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Giving my vote to Mach Rider. Duck Hunt Dog seems fine too, but Mach Rider seems like a great choice, since I can't have Takamaru.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Mine's pretty obvious :p
Ever since Takamaru got the cut, it seems a lot more people are opening up towards the Lippity goodness. Which is a good thing.

Servine

Smash Cadet
I'd pick Diskun. I really don't have any clue how a moveset could work out for him, but it'd be pretty cool, especially for Japanese fans.
Lip would be a more logical choice, and I really enjoy the Puzzle league series, so I'd like her in as well.

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
I would normally vote for Balloon Fighter, but I feel like the representation from Villager's up b is enough to make me feel satisfied without him. I actually don't know who to vote for now, but I really like the idea of this thread. I want to see who the most popular old characters are!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd pick Diskun. I really don't have any clue how a moveset could work out for him, but it'd be pretty cool, especially for Japanese fans.
Lip would be a more logical choice, and I really enjoy the Puzzle league series, so I'd like her in as well.
Thank you for your input and welcome to Smash Boards!

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
My votes were for Lip, Hikari & Donbe, Mach Rider, and Mr. Sheriff. I'm quite glad this a multiple choice poll, given that I wanted to vote for both Lip (my most wanted character) as well as Hikari & Donbe (my 6th most wanted character).

Mach Rider and Mr. Sheriff are not within my top 10 but they are cool characters that I wouldn't mind getting in as well. The lack of Bubbles in this poll was quite surprising though, she'd have definitely been another one I'd have voted for.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think that Excite Biker and Balloon Fighter are the most worthy retro characters. I don't know why Sakurai chose to put in Ice Climbers, of all people, instead of either of those.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think that Excite Biker and Balloon Fighter are the most worthy retro characters. I don't know why Sakurai chose to put in Ice Climbers, of all people, instead of either of those.
Gameplay reasons. Apparently, both were considered, but he went with the Ice Climbers because the 2 in 1 gimmick he felt was better than what he came up with for Excite Biker and Balloon Fighter.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well it depends on what defines them as most worthy. If you are talking about best sellers, I think Duck Hunt Dog, Excite Biker, and Ice Climbers would be characters in the top 3 world-wide games.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Gameplay reasons; for Excitebikes he said he'd need to add ramps so they could jump and for Balloon Fighter he said that without the balloons the Balloon Fighter would be made useless. He also favoured the idea of Ice Climbers having a 2 fighters mechanic. Personally I'd have chosen Bubbles, a character he said he couldn't think of enough moves for, but I'm grateful for Ice Climbers inclusion as they are within my most used characters and went on to introduce me to their game.

Nowadays another big obstacle to both Excitebikes and Balloon Fighter is that their exists better options to do their particular unique qualities such as Mach Rider or Tingle. Even though I'm a big fan of Balloon Fight, my favourite NES game I've played, I have little desire to see the Balloon Fighter playable in SSB over the likes of Tingle or even Balloon Kid's Alice.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Lip and Mike Jones. I think Lip offers a lot of personality to the roster, and I voted Mike Jones out of pure nostalgia, even though I was never a much of a Star Tropics, fan.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I've been hoping for Mike since Melee, but seeing as Startropics and Zoda's Revenge weren't even made in Japan, the odds are pretty slim.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd like to see what Sakurai could do with Sukapon.

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Mach Rider is my first choice since he seems like he'd have a more logical moveset and could even slightly use Wario's motorcycle move.

Duck Hunt Dog could also be great (like Mr.G&W and R.O.B.), but I would be a little surprised to see him before Mach Rider or even Takamaru (who is apparently disconfirmed? he's pretty much locked to be a newcomer in SSB5 though)

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Mach Rider and Mike Jones. Both characters have a lot of moveset potential and could really use a reboot. Duck Hunt Dog is funny but no thank you. I think 2 surprise choices are enough. It does not mean he is a bad choice though, he would be funny to look at in battle and is probably the most memorable of the choices. In fact. I would say he is a fantastic choice, but aIn my opinion Mach Rid and Mike Jones are better ones.Not sure who Lip really is ...isn't her item already in?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
We can still have one of this characters and all of them are forgotten:

-) Mach Rider - Mach Rider

-) Bubbles - Clu Clu Land

-) Tamagon - Devil World

-) Prince of Sablé - For the Frog the Bell Tolls

-) Stanley - Donkey Kong 3

-) Donkey Kong Jr. - Donkey Kong Jr.

-) Character - Urban Champion

-) Ryota Hayami - Wave Race

-) Akari Hayami - 1080º Snowboarding

-) Lip - Panel de Pon

-) Wanda - Mario and Wario

-) Ayumi Tachibana - Tantei Club

-) Donbe and Hikari - Shin Onigashima

-) Lolo - Eggerland

-) Mike Jones - StarTropics

-) Kururin - Kuru Kuru Kururin

-) Muddy Mole - Mole Mania

-) Little boy - Bunko: Hajimari no Mori

-) Hakkun - Sutte Hakkun

-) Protagonist - Tantei Club

-) Protagonist - Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito

-) Dog - Duck Hunt

-) Sheriff - Sheriff

-) Sukapon - Joy Mecha Fight

-) Goku - Yūyūki

-) F-Type - Stunt Race FX

-) Sky Skipper - Sky Skipper

-) Fighter Hayabusa - Pro Wrestling

-) Nester - Nintendo Power

-) Doshin - Doshin the Giant

-) Hiro - Card Hero

-) Diskun - Famicom

-) Dion, Max and Jack - Marvelous

-) Mike Anderson - Battle Clash

-) Goose - Pilotwings

-) Mr. Stevenson - Gumshoe

-) Harry - Teleroboxer

-) Tin Star - Tin Star

-) Protagonist - Time Twist: Rekishi no Katasumi de...

-) DeMille - Tomato Adventure

-) Pockle - GiFTPiA

-) John Solver - Bombsweeper

-) Boy/Girl - Sakura Momoko no UkiUki Carnival

-) Cubivore - Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest

-) Oni - Power Soukoban

-) Muguru-kun - Power Lode Runner

-) Parabô and Satebô - Satellaview

Enjoy the list.

.n_n.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Lip, Hikari & Donbe, Mach Rider, Mr. Sheriff, Mike Jones, Duck Hunt Dog, and Prince Sable were my choices.

But Seriously, where's Sukapon?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Lip, Hikari & Donbe, Mach Rider, Mr. Sheriff, Mike Jones, Duck Hunt Dog, and Prince Sable were my choices.

But Seriously, where's Sukapon?
I forget them....I will go get a Mod.

Edit: In fact, I forget way too many people.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I forget them....I will go get a Mod.
Oh, you're the thread maker?

Well first off, thanks for making this thread, it's a lot of fun. Along with adding Sukapon to the list I'd also recommend adding Bubbles to it as well. Also, while he will unlikely get many votes, as Urban Champion was considered by Sakurai for Melee alongside Ice Climbers, Bubbles, Excitebike, and Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion should probably be added as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh, you're the thread maker?

Well first off, thanks for making this thread, it's a lot of fun. Along with adding Sukapon to the list I'd also recommend adding Bubbles to it as well. Also, while he will unlikely get many votes, as Urban Champion was considered by Sakurai for Melee alongside Ice Climbers, Bubbles, Excitebike, and Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion should probably be added as well.
Hopefully a Mod will allow me to add them to the pole.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I voted for Muddy Mole.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I voted for Muddy Mole.
Excuse me, Opossum, I would like to ask if you could allow me to add more characters to the poll? I forgot some....

Edit: If you do or get someone else to do it, thanks. If not, then thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not sure if I can. Which would need to be added?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I voted for Lip, because the thread says "if you had room for one more character", so I couldn't really multivote. Duck Hunt Dog and Balloon Fighter would have been cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom