• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd love to hear what Sakurai has to say about Ice Climbers not returning. My assumption is technical limitations, but it'd be nice to hear it straight from him once and for all. :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Pre-melee, everyone woulda been crazy mad if they found out that the Ice Climber's got in over Megaman.
I think that the Ice-Climbers will be some sorta dlc or become available after the wii u release.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Pre-melee, everyone woulda been crazy mad if they found out that the Ice Climber's got in over Megaman.
I think that the Ice-Climbers will be some sorta dlc or become available after the wii u release.
same, I'm 100% sure we wil see ICs eventually.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
That petition will do nothing, either they're already on the game locked or you will never see them.

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
i liked the ice climbers, but i believe scraping them is not the way it should of went.if they couldn't be in the game because of the chain grab thing, sakurai should of made it "ice climber",making the player choose EITHER popo or nana.modified the moveset to be a little more unique,and problem solved!

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Maybe if we link the 3DS version to the Wii U we will get Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. There is enough space on the character select to fit about three or four.

Each version will have the same characters, but you will need both versions to unlock them all. 3DS gets Duck Hunt Dog, Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior. Dr. Mario could possibly be on both without the linking. 3DS gets newcomers and Wii U gets veterans.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if we link the 3DS version to the Wii U we will get Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. There is enough space on the character select to fit about three or four.

Each version will have the same characters, but you will need both versions to unlock them all. 3DS gets Duck Hunt Dog, Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior. Dr. Mario could possibly be on both without the linking. 3DS gets newcomers and Wii U gets veterans.
Thats strange bur could be xD, more money for ninendo you need both versions

Last edited:

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I hope tomorrow someone saying that WiiU will have exclusive characters due 3DS Limitations (IC and Chorus Kids)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
ICies are in the game as DLC if they plan to implement that. Otherwise we might hear about their fate for sure later today.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
They could really good be DLC, maybe Sakurai needed some more time to add them and wanted to focus on the rest of the game first intstead of working a lot on the Ice Climbers to delay it. I mean they really wanted smash to come out as soon as possible, when they're done with the wii u version I could see them work on DLC characters AKA Ice Climbers.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I loved the ice climbers, but saying you'd rather have one character than a 3ds version confuses me. It's portable smash! We can play wherever we go! And honestly, they are very likely to be dlc. The game will be great either way, and I will miss them, but there is still hope, so keep your head high.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Maybe WiiU have more caharcters and then them are going to be Free DLC only for the Hype? haha ( I really need the ICies)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I honestly would have rather had no 3DS version than no Ice Climbers.
I agree. Most unecessary cut in Smash history as they won't end up in the Wii U version. I can understand them not being in the 3DS version, but the Wii U version? No excuses whatsoever.

There's honestly no reason to petition the Ice Climbers, it's pretty obvious that they are going to be added eventually AKA patches.
Oh hai, Masahiro Sakurai.:p

If anything, the Ice Climbers need the support the most because without it, there is no way in which they will end up in the Wii U version due to Sakurai's arbitrary roster philosophy even though the Wii U could perfectly handle them. Even then, no promises can be made.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I loved the ice climbers, but saying you'd rather have one character than a 3ds version confuses me. It's portable smash! We can play wherever we go! And honestly, they are very likely to be dlc. The game will be great either way, and I will miss them, but there is still hope, so keep your head high.
Ya sure, but did everyone hype over the 3DS version of Smash? No, everyone was hyped about the Wii U version of Smash and Smash in general. Until now, I never wanted DLC, but if they're not late unlockables now, ICIES FOR DLC ALL THE FLIPPING WAY!

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Until Now There arent trophys of Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ridley, Chorus Kids, and Isaac/Hans.
There are Trophys of: Dixie Kong, Ivasaur, Squirtle, Red, and Wolf

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I'm sure Sakurai tried to include the Ice Climbers, but he decided to put them on hiatus later in development because of technical challenges and he ran out of time to find a solution for them. But now that the game has been released, he has all the time in the world to try to fix the issue with them. And then he will put them in a future DLC update.

I know we'll see the Ice Climbers again, they're just too unique to get rid of.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've been watching the Twitch for a while now, no new characters announced and only characters already revealed are on CSS. This sucks...

PeterJude

Smash Ace
That's right. One word:

D-L-C.
Do we have any previous games with similar things to compare that too, because that could be absolutely huge.

The alternative is that they gave sets aside some extra space for customisation and other custom content you make (i.e. Mii fighters, customised characters etc.), though I doubt that it could take up damn near a gig.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Ya sure, but did everyone hype over the 3DS version of Smash? No, everyone was hyped about the Wii U version of Smash and Smash in general. Until now, I never wanted DLC, but if they're not late unlockables now, ICIES FOR DLC ALL THE FLIPPING WAY!
What? Do you not remember the hype people had when a portable smash was announced?

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
What? Do you not remember the hype people had when a portable smash was announced?
Me not, No one has a trophy of IC, Lucas yet.
Damn Unconfirmed Characters section was eliminated </3 my feels

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice

My heart is broken, I'm going to miss them so much, they were my secondary char on brawl, had lots of fun playing with them (no I never used chains) and its just so... disappointing. Still won't let this ruin the game for me, but it sucks that we are not gong to listen to this anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvRY6td_Wk

About DLC... I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up, I'm not even sure there will be DLC so I'll just get over them for this game, hopefuly they are back for the next one.

Oh and I blame the 3DS version about this, didn't want it, won't get it and now I have another reason to hate it.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

My heart is broken, I'm going to miss them so much, they were my secondary char on brawl, had lots of fun playing with them (no I never used chains) and its just so... disappointing. Still won't let this ruin the game for me, but it sucks that we are not gong to listen to this anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvRY6td_Wk

About DLC... I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up, I'm not even sure there will be DLC so I'll just get over them for this game, hopefuly they are back for the next one.

Oh and I blame the 3DS version about this, didn't want it, won't get it and now I have another reason to hate it.

Top Bottom