• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers help?

HurricaneCoon

Smash Rookie
When I try to short hop fair the move is never fully completed and I land before I can hit.
I want to be able to grab then short hop fair to spike ppl at ledge please any advice.
Also I'm having trouble with the nanapult if any can give advice that would be awesome.

kelots

Smash Cadet
are you fast falling the fair?

for nanapult hold down shield about halfway which should allow you to break popo's shield but not nana's, while popo is in a daze you can practice the inputs for the nanapult until you've got it down then try implement it with a desync e.g. sidestep > popo iceblock > nanapult

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Due to Icies having one of the shortest short hops in the game, Fast falling their foward aerial is kind of bad. The hitboxes just won't come out... that said, if you do manage to do a frame perfect short hop fair and fast fall it, only the first frame with hitboxes of the fair will manage to come out.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Fast-falling the fair is fine and generally should be done. Even if that statistic you give is correct, there's nothing stopping you from slightly delaying the fast-fall.

Top Bottom