• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Block Chaser Help / Nanapult

Vert

Smash Cadet
So, I'm trying to step up my IC game, but I just can't get these two techniques down.

How exactly do I pull these off. I know I have to desync the two, but I have some questions with that as well.

When desyncing do they become synced again when they meet up? If so when I desync I'm assuming I have to quickly perform these.

My next question is how exactly do I pull them off. How can I get only Nana to iceblock or get Nana to launch herself forward? I can't seem to properly figure out how.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
Read fly's guide it's very well worded but if they are de-synced it's basically nana doing like a move say 48 frames or whatever and if popo is doing something as nana is endingYou can buffer(hold down the next input) sometimes or You have to press it once nana is free to act.

Like during a roll/dodge You can hold say down-b and nana will down-b as soon as she can and then You could tap b again right after to ice block with popo and then to do the nana pult You do something with popo and have nana start ing and jump and down-b. It's not as hard as it looks or sounds but it's wierd to do and takes a while to feel it out like most ics stuff.

That said you can make popo up-b/side-b oos and have nana do something on the spot as well.

But You need to get down some running desynces and to learn those basically dd and try to down-b when You know popo can't and nana will.

They just have to be explored on Your own in a lot of ways. Took me forever to really understand how to wobble and i still can't do any of the fancy set-ups which is important.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ice block chaser will be the easiest to learn.
I suggest learning it out of spotdodge desync first (just spotdodge, and hold b, then run with popo)

nanapults are a little harder to learn, you have to start a desync first (iceblocks are the easiest, out of spotdodge). Iceblock with nana, then popo, then run and short hop blizzard with nana.

Top Bottom