• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Stage picks

Joemama0s

Smash Rookie
I struggle some times with stage picking aginst certain characters. I was hoping for some tips for counter picking most of the top tier mains.

PS Shout outs to CHU DAT! YOUR MY HERO!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
The oldschool goto for ICs has always been FD. I think we tend to get lazy with that c/p a lot, and it's really not the best in several of the high tier mus, but it does force people to have to deal with projectiles, which a lot of characters have trouble dealing with.
It also doesn't have a top platform, which can be nice against spacies (and sometimes falcon, but I really dislike giving those characters ground room as well).
It's really really hard for sheik to handle ICs there, which is nice.
Dizz and a few other climbers are successful on FD against peach, but I think it's really debatable whether or not that stage is actually the best for them, although it does work for the way dizz plays the mu. I think it's horrendous on that stage.

Stadium is like FD but with low side platforms that work for ICs super well. The low ceiling also helps a bit in a couple matchups, but stuff like that is a little arbitrary most of the time.
The transformations are generally garbage for ICs unless they have a reasonable lead. They aren't great at getting around most of them, and are often left in bad positions after the transformations disappear.
But overall the stage is pretty good for ICs.

Most ICs like the small stages a lot too (FoD and Yoshi's). They give them the ability to control space very well and the platforms usually work well for them. These might be their best stages in most matchups with the top 8.

I don't think battlefield or dreamland are horrible for ICs outside of dealing with platform campy players, but I think they are ICs worst of the legal stages most of the time. Some players are very successful on those stages though. I usually ban them against spacies, falcon (or stadium), and sheik.

Army805

Smash Cadet
Personally I like FD, Yoshi's, Pokemon, or FoD depending on the matchup and ban.

derdian

Smash Cadet
I really think every stage is fine for IC's in 95% of matchups. I know IC's that love big stages against peach and some that like small (also peaches that like big stages vs ic's and some that like small). Even though FD is overrated it's still the best for IC's and you should go there if you can 99% of the time. I even love taking most characters to battlefield because the platforms are easy to combo people with sopo and I generally prefer no jank.

However my least favorite matchup/stage is yoshis/FoD against falcon. He can just go ham with pressure and kill nana super fast, I personally love just running away against falcon and living longer.

Top Bottom