• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I play Peach, yet I can't beat Peach...

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
First of all, Peach dittos are the worst thing in the world. Tips on how to play those out would be great.

But in general, I really don't have much vs. Peach exp, so I don't blame myself for sucking. But at the same time I do blame myself for sucking because I'm fighting the same character I've been playing for the last year or so. How can a turn that knowledge around to work in my favor? Or do I just always play Peaches that are better than my Peach for some reason and that's making me believe that I suck against Peach?

I'm confused.

Peach dittos are really fun. The stupidest broken character faces against the stupidest broken character. Things that would make normal humans ragequit in an instant happen all the time like Peach crouch canceling a Peach downsmash. Stitches and bombs get pulled twice as often because there's 2 of them. My favorite part of the matchup is the neutral game. Both Peaches are in the air, just floating there, doing nothing while they try to out guess each other and hit each other with something. It's wonderful

As for how to win, there are a few tricks to win the matchup. When you get down smashed, hit both control sticks up to (Smash) DI upwards so you don't get hit again. Fload dair is pretty good against a grounded Peach if you're high enough. Then she can't CC dsmash you. If she lets go of crouch, you can combo it into nair. If she stays crouching, you can get 2 or 3 dairs on them for damage. Float faceoffs are guessing games that can go either way. They're like 50:50. Space to hit with only the tip of your fairs if you're facing the other Peach. Bair is disjointed so you could try playing the float faceoffs with that. They're easier to hit with than fairs because they last more than 5 frames. Turnips interrupt floats. Dash attack is a nice surprise against a floating Peach who isn't too high

Watch WF and GF of this video thread if you'd like to see my recent Peach dittos
http://smashboards.com/threads/roan...014-epsilon-frozen-flame-jozi-nainsoo.362612/
Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGY6Y0XExc#t=47m22s

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Whoa, wait... doing the stock glitch allows you to be the same color? Who would do such a thing!?

Last edited:
Whoa, wait... doing the stock glitch allows you to be the same color? Who would do such a thing!?
It makes Peach dittos even more magnificent, doesn't it? Not even the players can easily guess who dsmashes who, especially without tags on

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Just don't run into your opponent's moves. Try to play the game by thinking about the best options and how to counter your opponent rather than trying to hit your opponent every time you think you can.

Top Bottom