• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need Some help finding a main and looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
Wellll, I know almost everyone on this site may disagree, but Sonic's a good Main. Sure he can be a bit too laggy for his speedy background, but if you actually take the time and the patience with him? He can be a brutal character, and if you were to master him as a Main and MK as a Secondary? I can imagine you being a very worthy opponent in a Smash Battle. That's just my personal opinion though. You could also try DK and Lucario for their uniqueness and balance. Link, and Mario aren't too shabby either, as they're quite balanced as well.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm Looking for a main (I'd like to secondary Meta)
But I'm having lots of trouble

Is There anyone with a easy learning Curve and Tournament Capable ?
MK fits your second part pretty well.

But if you don't want to main him, and you're looking for someone easy to pick up...can you be more specific? Do you prefer to fight on the ground,
or on the air? Do you want a powerful character or a weaker but faster one?

I say you just experiment with people you like, and pick from there.

CardTheTrader

Smash Rookie
MK fits your second part pretty well.

But if you don't want to main him, and you're looking for someone easy to pick up...can you be more specific? Do you prefer to fight on the ground,
or on the air? Do you want a powerful character or a weaker but faster one?

I say you just experiment with people you like, and pick from there.
I don't know who I like, I don't have any favorites for games like SSB

I just need someone who is decent with a not to huge learning curve to main

BSP

Smash Legend
Just start trying characters out. Do you have Wifi? If not, just start fighting CPUs. Pick anyone and give them a shot.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You'll probably hear this a lot, but you ought to just try out many characters and see which one feels natural for you. As for easy-to-pick-up characters that's tournament-worthy, I guess you could try Donkey Kong. If you want one in the higher tiers, then Mr. Game & Watch wouldn't be bad to use, since his learning curve is pretty low, in my opinion: easy to use, but can **** very hard.

It all comes down to trial and error, as well as preference. That's pretty much all I can give in the way of advice. Also, you probably already know this, but you can go to the different character boards and learn more about each individual character there, and smashwiki can help to, by typing in the character's name, followed by "(SSBB)" in the search bar. Doing that will give you a great overview of the individual character and what they have to offer as strengths and how they suffer as weaknesses. Try it out. :3

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Sonic or lucario aren't too hard to learn imo. That might just be me though

swift9

Smash Rookie
Try any character and who ever feels right to you should be your main. Sonic is my main , when I play with him it feels like me and him are one. My second main is pikachu but I don't know how to use him yet. He only became my main for a reason.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I thought that threads like these were considered spam by the global rules...

But to be helpful, if you want a small learning curve...then don't pick a high-tier, besides maybe Marth, and of course, MK. Characters that are easy to pick up (lol @ phrasing) include DDD (he has a learning curve of lol) G&W, and Fox.

But you'll probably do better just maining MK.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
To be completely honest, you don't really "choose" a main, the main comes to you. Experiment with many different characters, keep the ones you like, remove the ones you don't, find the attack styles you like, the speed of characters you like, recoveries of characters, etc. and work on finding all of these within 1 character. Find the character you find the most joy in playing, not the character that has the "highest chance to win in tournies."

If you choose a character just because it is higher tier, you may not actually like the character, which will make training with it and especially playing with it not an enjoyable experience.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Picking a Main
The community cannot pick a main, secondary, or any type of character for you. It is recommended that you research the different character boards and just go with your own instincts after playing all the characters to make this type of PERSONAL decision. As such, we will not allow threads asking "who should I main" to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom