• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just discovered a potentially mindblowing connection.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
The logo has a Fire and Ice theme.

>SSB4's final destination has a fire and ice theme(sort of)

3ds and Wiiu have red and blue as their corresponding colors, which can be related to Fire and Ice.

3ds version releases in the SUMMER while the Wii U version releases in the WINTER which is also corresponding with surprise: Fire and Ice.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

DID SAKURAI KNEW THE RELEASE ALL ALONG?!

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Tell me I wasn't the only one who thought of this:

Hilariously, searching up "Soul Calibur logo" on Google pulls up the Smash 4 logo. :laugh:

Anyway, I find it amazing that the logos and FD and the release dates all correspond properly. Clearly done on purpose, but I'm glad you noticed it. I doubt I would've. And I look for stuff like this!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That's... pretty damn crazy haha. Won't work as well if 3DS FD is designed differently but still.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
All I know is that I'll be playing smash by the pool and the fireplace this year

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I noticed all this and thought it was normal, except the realise dates. This really intrigues me.
What does it mean? Is there something special? There's got to be a reason why the games are connected to such a point as having fitting realise dates.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

3ds and Wiiu have red and blue as their corresponding colors, which can be related to Fire and Ice.

3ds version releases in the SUMMER while the Wii U version releases in the WINTER which is also corresponding with surprise: Fire and Ice.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Wow... that makes sense! Sakurai, you sly son of a gun....

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I think it's just a really neat coincidence. =P

I think the real reason that 3DS is red and Wii U is blue is because 3DS branding is red and Wii U branding is blue.

Pretty simple. =P

D

Deleted member

Wow... I didn't think about this at all...
I guess you can make connections on Final Destination and how the layout looks vastly different from both halves of the stage...

I must say that if this is intentional, then this is pretty freaking clever.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I cant stop laughing. Great find!

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Personally, I just thought the Wii U logo looked like it had blue flames attached, but now that you mention it (and I look more closely at it)...

Yep.

Mind blown.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it means Smash Bros 3DS and WiiU will be the first games with good supported cross-platform gameplay from Nintendo.

Imagine going on your WiiU and playing 3DS levels or 3DS levels on your WiiU. Or some players playing with their 3DSs as controllers/screens connected to the WiiU playing with others playing the WiiU version.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
But summer/winter in Australia/New Zealand. Poor Oceanic crowd being disregarded.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Charizard vs Ice Climbers. The ultimate battle is on!

- Fire & Ice
- Hailfire Peaks
- Banjo Kazooie confirmed.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Smash Brothers Red and Smash Brothers Blue. Expect Smash Bros: Pikachu Yellow edition to be announced after release.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
I did think this before but dismissed it because of one reason: the colours represent the console they are on.

Nintendo 3DS has red in the 3 part and Nintendo Wii U has blue in the U part so while this is all hugely connected I personally think it just coincidence and is now played along because of how much of a coincidence it is.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, what if Master hand in this game is black and red, while Crazy hand is made of ice?

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Well, as Kukusho pointed out.

Orange and Blue are complimentary colors. Having both featured prominently next to each other makes the colors pop more and catch attention.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash Bros. Fire and Smash Bros. Ice versions.

THERE WE GO PEOPLE NO NEED TO ADD A '4' AFTER THE NAMES!!!!! :p

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Moltres and Articuno confirmed.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Oh man, what if Master hand in this game is black and red, while Crazy hand is made of ice?
...You just put a strange scenario in my head now.
Master hand as the boss/leader of story mode in the Wii U version, complete with an ice(creation) theme about them.
Crazy hand as the boss/leader for the 3DS version, taking the fiery and angry approach.

Then your incentive for owning both copies of the game is so you can eventually make them both duke it out in a final event or something as a continuation of the smaller-scale story mode this game will have.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I expect elemental effects to be much more significant in this smash. Finally. It was supposed to be that way in Brawl I think but they failed really hard, the magnitude of the effects were quite subtle, only really manifesting in the odd attack here and there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom