• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huntsville, TX- Sam Houston State Smashers!

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Sounds good. I'll be heading up there the 23rd so we can start trying to get together then.

AdrenalineKomboRush

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I go to Sam Houston State University. I've previously commented as JASK if you look above. To answer your questions, yes we have a new group of Smash Bros players and we do have weekly PM sessions and tounreys. Those players above don't go to SHSU anymore. Look guys, if you're looking for some more competition and players. Just call or text me at this number, 713-825-7509. Make sure to identify yourself when you leave a message. I'll give you more details over the phone since me and my friend, Adrian, are usually the ones in charge of setting up this weekly sessions.

Oracle

Smash Master
Low Tier City 2 is next weekend! A melee and PM national event, with players from around the country like Mew2King, Westballz, D1, Wobbles, Neon, K9, and more! 2 full days in a 4000 sq ft hotel ballroom with hundreds of smashers, dedicated friendly setups, and professional streams from VGBootcamp and TourneyLocator!

Preregister at www.tourneylocator.com/prereg!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Ok. Submitted a club form to try and get this started. I will update progress on here as it happens. Be prepared.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I talked with the club committee on campus and they basically told us that our club would be pointless because there's an esports club. Even though the esports club does not even focus on smash at all really. Quite disappointing.

Last edited:

WarlockPawnch

Smash Rookie
Figured I'd post here as there is no general Huntsville thread. My best friend and I play pretty regularly and while I wouldn't particularly consider either of us 'good', we do enjoy learning and the competitive aspect of the game. I know the local arcade has begun hosting tournaments, but does anyone do casual sessions? Would be cool to face some new people and learn a few new things.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Figured I'd post here as there is no general Huntsville thread. My best friend and I play pretty regularly and while I wouldn't particularly consider either of us 'good', we do enjoy learning and the competitive aspect of the game. I know the local arcade has begun hosting tournaments, but does anyone do casual sessions? Would be cool to face some new people and learn a few new things.
I'm always willing to play others. If you want my number just private message me.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
We have a pretty big group and we all talk in groupme to discuss smashfests. If you want to be added pm me your number and I can add you to the group.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
We've been talking about starting weeklies, but the lack of a good venue has been a problem.

Eckogt

Smash Rookie
Well even if its just casuals im down to play whenever. Been trying to get back in the fgc scene but cant find training partners here at shsu

Oracle

Smash Master
DBA 4 IS MAY 16TH IN DALLAS, TX!
This is looking like one of the most stacked events Texas has had to date! Larry Lurr (AKA DEHF) will be attending, as well as top players from all over Texas!
In addition to the singles and doubles tournament, there will be an Amiibo event! This is the first major Amiibo tournament DFW has seen, so if you want to put your amiibo to the test, this is the event for you!

There will also be bounties on top players; if you can take a game or set off DFW's top 4 or Larry, then you can win up to $50 of store credit to use at FX Game Exchange! Click here for more details

Last edited:
Top Bottom