• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huntsville, TX- Sam Houston State Smashers!

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Calling all
Sam Houston State University
Smashers!

It's about time that we made some sort of step towards organizing the competitive smashers at this school. I'm sure that some of you will crawl out of the woodwork in finding this thread, and hopefully, we can get together a good sized group of people with whom we can organize some fests. If you find this thread, get a hold of any of your smash enthusiastic friends and lets get this thing going!

Players:

Tag- Dime

SW- Mdmfromdaridge
RL- Marlon
Number- 713-922-7442
Main-
:diddy:

Tag- Sigma
SW-
RL- Jorge
Main- :ike:

Tag- Alpha
SW-
RL- Luis
Main- :fox:

Tag- Gamma
SW-
RL- Chaz
Main- :dk2:

Tag- Jew
SW-
RL- Ed
Main- :dk2:

Tag- G-bus
SW-
RL- Jesus
Main- :ness2:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You should try putting flyers around campus or something.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
OMG. i just saw this. Me, Alpha, Sigma, and a bunch of us have found some good brawlers. cant believe we haven't met yall. We go to SHSU too!

XxAlphaxXGhaxCrew

Smash Apprentice
Umm We have been waiting for something like this at SHSU..we actually play competitively here...but we can never find people who want to play with us..my friends are replying to this thread as we speak...Zigsta Your bowser is beast...Sigma says hi...If we could put some flyers around the campus that would be awesome...ohhh and by the way i run FOX...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like flyers would be a good idea. On the bulletin boards in the buildings maybe? And get your buddies to subscribe to this thread so we can get some names up on this board. I'll go ahead and add you guys if you wanna tell me your tags, main/secondary characters, and first name.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Sigma - Ike - Jorge
Alpha - Fox - Luis
Gamma - DK - Chaz
Jew - DK - Ed
G-bus - Ness - Jesus

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I added on the OP. Once we get a good few people together, we can go ahead and start putting together some fests and stuff. I'll go ahead and make a flyer when I go to the CHSS lab so that we can get the word out.

EDIT: I'm gonna go ahead and put my phone number up. if you wanna put your numbers up as well that'll be cool. Either way, gimme a call next time you guys get together and i can come see what yall are made of haha

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
I currently attend SHSU and live very close to campus. However, I cannot stand Brawl. Let me know if there is ever a get-together for Melee. I am very out of touch, but I would love to start playing Melee again.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Though I enjoy melee, I highly doubt we will have a get together of the sort because I am, I believe, the only who ever got into it. Furthermore, i wasn't good at melee when I WAS playing, so by now i must be terrible, and I spend my time training for brawl anyway.

On another note, when project M comes out, I will probably reignite the flame, until then though, I have serious doubts.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Though I enjoy melee, I highly doubt we will have a get together of the sort because I am, I believe, the only who ever got into it. Furthermore, i wasn't good at melee when I WAS playing, so by now i must be terrible, and I spend my time training for brawl anyway.

On another note, when project M comes out, I will probably reignite the flame, until then though, I have serious doubts.
I cant wait for Project M. Only then will I play Brawl.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
I was a big Melee player before Brawl came out. I went to several Brawl tournaments when the game first came out, and placed very well in every single one. I did not enjoy one bit of it. The game is too vastly inferior to Melee in every way.

Edit: I remember a 60 man tournament in which I got top ten by forward tilting with Snake and doing little else.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I see. So essentially you dislike that your experiences weren't nearly as competitive as they were in melee?

Well if you would like to join us one day, I assure you the metagame has advanced a WHOLE lot in the last 3 years, and I have serious doubts that snakes (admittedly broken) ftilt will win you any games on it's own. Once again, when project M comes out i'll be getting back into that and most likely entering tournaments in both project M and brawl. Maybe if you come by one day, we can pop in the old melee for a few games, but I have very very serious doubts that I will be any good on any level. It's been a long time.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
I see. So essentially you dislike that your experiences weren't nearly as competitive as they were in melee?

Well if you would like to join us one day, I assure you the metagame has advanced a WHOLE lot in the last 3 years, and I have serious doubts that snakes (admittedly broken) ftilt will win you any games on it's own. Once again, when project M comes out i'll be getting back into that and most likely entering tournaments in both project M and brawl. Maybe if you come by one day, we can pop in the old melee for a few games, but I have very very serious doubts that I will be any good on any level. It's been a long time.
I am not viable in Melee for the same reason, its been years since I played the game like I use to. I have to disagree with you on the metagame part... I'm sure its different from when I played, but the game isn't deep enough for the changes to drag the game up to Melee's standards, not even close. Regardless, I appreciate the invitation, remind me after this semester is over during the Holiday break. At the moment, I am sure we are all very busy considering this is finals week.

EDIT: When I did play, I used Snake and Toon Link.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
You're right, it isn't quite as competitive as melee was, but I think there's more depth then you're giving it credit for. And yeah, we probably won't be doing much smashing in huntsville until next semester.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I go to SHSU, but we only really play melee and are kinda rusty.

If you have any Brawl tournaments with Melee on the side we would definitely play that.
This topic is a little dead though, and I don't think most of us check SB too often. Someone should make a Facebook group or something for SHSU smash players.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I go to SHSU, but we only really play melee and are kinda rusty.

If you have any Brawl tournaments with Melee on the side we would definitely play that.
This topic is a little dead though, and I don't think most of us check SB too often. Someone should make a Facebook group or something for SHSU smash players.
I am about to leave SHSU for good after this semester, if you guys want to squeeze in a few matches of Melee before the end of this semester let me know. I am very rusty too. Let me know if you are interested.

JASK(JASK0ll3cti0nz)

Smash Rookie
My name is Jake D'Eramo and I would like to join. Some of y'all know me from the SSBB Tourney at Creager House in January. I'm pretty good at brawl and I'm good with quite a few characters (MK, ZSS, Link, Fox, Sheik, and Falco).

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
This threads been dead for a while. :/ But me, Sigma, Jew, G-bus, and plenty are all still here playing brawl. Been doing so for like 3 years straights here. if anyone's interested in getting together for some practice and stuff don't be shy. Msg me at 281-883-7056 for info about playing with us. We'll be heading to Hobo 35 this weekend as well. :D hopefully see you guys there.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
You're from Kingwood gamma?
What year did you graduate?

Also my 2 cents about Brawl, I played it competitively for a year, but I ultimately just found it too gay.
Too many of the awesome aspects of Melee were removed. I can appreciate that its still deep in its own way, but I need my shield pressure, combos, L-canceling and wavedashing. European brawlers have demonstrated that you don't have to camp to win either.
But <3 Project M.

JASK(JASK0ll3cti0nz)

Smash Rookie
I still do and I have a group of five smash players including me. We're dying to find some new opponents. We play Melee and PM 3.02 but not Brawl anymore and don't play online anymore. I'm going to delete this account and get a new one with a different username and thinking about making a facebook group for both smash bros melee and PM.

JASK(JASK0ll3cti0nz)

Smash Rookie
Yea that's great! Well melee sounds great! Just message me later man
Great!!! Me and a few buds played int the PM tourney yesterday at Insomnia Video Games. They did okay but I placed in the top 8. So, we really psyched to find more players as good or better than us. Here's my number: (713)825-7509 just give me a call and if I don't answer just leave a message verifying who you are and about Smash.

Xcel1211

Smash Rookie
Hey whats up guys :) I go to SHSU and love playing PM. I dont know if anybody here may have met me, but I usually go by "Xcel" or just "X" when playing. This upcoming year will be my 2nd year going to Sam. I would love to meet and play with everybody here! .

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Hey everyone. I'm basically new to the idea of competitive smash and would love to find a group of people I could play with whenever the next semester starts. I play all 4 smashes, though I'm really only looking to be really competitive in PM right now and 4 whenever that comes out. I'll always be down for playing any of them though.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Weekly smash once the new semester starts sounds awesome. I move up there in the fall and play melee and Project M. I don't really play brawl or 64 however.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Yeah, I would be up for establishing some sort of weekly smash group.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Yeah, I would be up for establishing some sort of weekly smash group.
I know one of my roomeates if not 2 would be interested. Any idea if tere is anything established already? If not I wouldn't mind trying to set something up but I wouldn't know where to start.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I only know a couple of guys who play smash, but I don't know of any established group yet except for the few who have already posted on this thread, and that was months ago. We could try talking to the gaming club and seeing if there's anyone in there that would be interested.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I only know a couple of guys who play smash, but I don't know of any established group yet except for the few who have already posted on this thread, and that was months ago. We could try talking to the gaming club and seeing if there's anyone in there that would be interested.
Sounds good. I don't move up there until August but I am totally up for getting something going and making a group to Travel for tournaments as well as just hang out.

Keebler

Smash Cadet
I go to Sam Houston as well, but I'm not moving up there until August 15th. If you guys are ever doing anything, send me a PM on the site so I can know what's going on!

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
After I move up I'll try to start a Club for It on Campus and see how that goes.

Top Bottom