• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Play The Shiek Matchup?

danyal999

Smash Cadet
So im a melee noob, only started playing a few months ago. My friend plays sheik and he will be coming over in a week to play me. I know nothing about the peach shiek matchup. Im looking for some beginner tips/tricks to use when fighting a shiek. Or if you can point me to some videos that would be helpful too. Coming from smash4, and im still learning melee, but i love this game.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
check the 'Grand Encyclopeachia' thread pinned at the top of this forum and there is a short guide armada wrote on the matchup.

in neutral use a lot of bair and try not to stay in a high float like you would against spacies. much of sheik's punish is off of grabs so try your best not to sit in shield. edgeguarding is a formula that is easy to learn if you watch some top level peach/sheik sets (or a video like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86I4s7pkWg )

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Downtilt bodies attempts to space ac fair, and running under her with FC nair is fine too. Sheik can also be CCed to crazy percents, so if you can avoid grabs and ASDI down, approaching will be a pain for Sheik.

Of course, she has needles too, so don't be too content thinking you can force a bad approach.

Top Bottom