• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you handle your amiibo?

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I have 49 total, and I never once keep them in a box case because that not the purpose. I've played all of my amiibo like it should be, so I took the cut the plastic box, take the figure out, keep the backings and hang it on the wall. That way you don't have to buy an extra identical figure (boxed/unboxed) to display those kind of collection.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My friends and I simply open up the Amiibos and play with them, we don't save the packaging. The one not in play sit on bookshelves until its their turn.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I tend to handle mine with the best care possible, considering that I have 19 (20 actually, but one of them is an extra I bought to make a custom Amiibo which is basically just an inverted color Pikachu). I would probably be very upset if something happened to even just one of them whether or not I can replace one easily (if it's a common one). I'm very protective of them all...

I collect them, but I don't collect them. As in I don't keep them in the box but still want to get each and every one possible. I have them all on one of my extra night stands near my TV, all neatly organized and even in order of how they appear on the roster. I very very carefully dust them off when dust starts to gather on them (since I don't use all 19 every single day, that'd be insane!). I've actually thought about buying a glass display case just for my Amiibos, or even those custom Amiibo stands people sell.

I've also thought about buying those floating Glass Shelves that you can hang on walls and have them be displayed on those. As for training them I train them all to LV 50 and occasionally train with them. I'll hardly ever let them fight against each other cause they can pick up bad habits that way; however I'll do that sometimes then play against them myself to see if I like how they still play.

If I don't like how they play after that I simply don't save the progress they've earned that day.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I keep all mine in a glass display case out of their boxes, I keeps em next to my other figures and statues. My captain falcon has never been beaten I really wanna try em out at a local amiibo tournement . I have all the smash line currently available including ones preordered for next month

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I keep my Link amiibo on my nightstand when I'm not using it. The hero of time sees me off to sleep each night. :)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Like a valuable piece of technology slash memorabilia that I just spent $13 on.
I keep my Link amiibo on my nightstand when I'm not using it. The hero of time sees me off to sleep each night. :)
I'm going to be that guy. It's actually the Hero of Twilight.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Charizard and Pikachu sit on my nightstand inconspicuously until I feel like fighting alongside or against figure players. After recently dumping Pikachu as a main/secondary because of just how bad I am with him, Charizard is the only amiibo I'll likely keep. I got incredibly lucky with Charizard, how he recently became available again at select stores and got him for 12 bucks, I almost dropped 30 on him on amazon and the order didn't go through, so I didn't bother to try again.

I'd have Robin too but I can't find him anywhere that isn't 40 bucks on amazon. It's sad the FE amiibos are so rare because they get more use out of any game more than any other amiibo, not to mention being able to play as/fight with/interact with them in Code Name STEAM and Fire Emblem Fates, meaning you can actually bring the blighters to life outside of Smash.

Hence why I really want Robin, probably the only other Amiibo that's not Charizard I will actually go out of my way to get.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
How do I handle my amiibo?

I polish thoroughly from the tip to base. ;)

Ba-dum ching!

Top Bottom