• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do DI Marth's throws?

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
As peach when ever I try to DI Marth's throws alway either get regrabbed or juggled. How should I be DIing?

There are probably lots of intermediate steps in there if you are getting regrabbed as peach. I cannot quote any stats or figures on this much, but his forward throw puts you at about a 45 degree angle when launched. Uthrow is almost vertical. Dthrow sends you at about a 45 degree angle behind him. Bthrow sends you about a 60 degree angle behind him.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Just DI straight down or also down and away, you'll get away from pretty much all of his follow ups as Peach.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
down and away is the best bet. if you can get the tech off then thats good. if he goes for regrab be ready for him with a spot dodge --> punish

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Marths tend to pause when they're switching between f-throw and d-throw

So if you figure out their default between the two then DI for that one when you're grabbed reflexively, then switch if they grab attack a bunch or seem off with the throw

Trust me

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
unless they choose whether to dthrow before they go for the grab and actually queue the dthrow:p

now if only fthrow and upthrow could be queued with the cstick

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
you should DI based on the way marth is facing and your position onstage. however, at most percents he has a guarunteed followup, so your focus should be on what combo tree he's using and how you're gonna DI it.
the "best" option is DIing down and away so you don't get regrabbed or tipper fsmashed. but you lose positioning and he can sometimes hit you before you hit the ground with dash attack. so mixing it up is always important. Just don't hold in when you get fthrowed off the stage on yoshis.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
I've always been getting caught in this lately, is there any change in how Peach di's in the PAL version or am I just not doing it down and away hard enough?

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
I've always been getting caught in this lately, is there any change in how Peach di's in the PAL version or am I just not doing it down and away hard enough?
What do you mean hard enough? You don't smash DI it, put and hold the control stick in the little notch between 3 and 6 o'clock for forward throw

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Marth most certainly does have an fthrow CG. it works on peach too, although only for maybe 3 or 4 grabs starting at 0%, but it can end in an fsmash for pretty decent damage unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom