• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Gea

Smash Master
Just saw an update. CoroCoro retracted their statement and said they will only show every stage/char that has already been shown. You were right.
Aww yeah.

I'll take either person who reports the match. In a dispute, I believe the loser.

As for getting matches on deck, I do that all the time. Some listen, some don't. Technically, I'm only justified in being harsh if their match is being called and they don't show up. I can't be an A-hole if they are not on deck.
Nah man, here's what you do. One of your biggest timesinks = getting matches going. Always have a match queued for a setup. Always. If no one reports the match before the match on deck gets reported, both players in that unreported set get DQ'd and they become byes in the bracket. That will end this problem fast. The winner SHOULD be the one to report but who cares if he isn't? The important thing is that the match gets reported. This whole playing a match and wandering off then people getting on and playing friendlies because empty TV is a massive waste of time. Always having back to back **** greatly speeds up everything.

This means the only downtime on TVs should be after pools are ending, between events (say you start with doubles and end at doubles top 8 to begin singles, though ideally you would start singles as setups start to open up because enough players will have been eliminated to start sneaking some in) and towards the very end of the tournament.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Tournaments with 50+ people do not end at 10pm anymore because people don't being set-ups. It's RARE that it happens here.

I do agree I could be more hard on people......and I will

But

And if you wanna watch GFs bad enough then you will stay for it. Again, plan to have an entire day spent on smash.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Collecting TV's for set ups should be a long term project over time to have them on deck for tournaments. I think it's possible from ending it from 11-12 to 10pm.

An entire normal day can consist from 8am-10pm for people. Not everyone's day ends or goes past 12. I'm just saying mkaing the tournament run faster to finish earlier can be extremely beneficial to the scene and enhance the tournament experience.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If you're expecting a wave of new gen players which will include younger ones (who knows,one may become a great player), that's not a good stamp to put on them.

Xyro77

It's been like this since I first started TOing. If people seriously expect to finish at 10pm with 7 setups LMAO.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well Smash 4/WiiU's having native 1080p HDMI output should resolve a lot of issues for televisions at the very least (imo).
A lot easier to move/transport small LCDs/computer screens than it is CRTs that are good enough to play on. Sponsorship on that regard is a lot more feasible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
With rumors of the Wii U version coming out Nov. 21, people can just buy a basic HDTV during Black Friday of the following week.

Xyro77

Yes. I hope that's true.

Get yourself a basic HD monitor tv and boom it's all good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Best Buy usually has some 20' for like $60-80 during the sale.

Nike.

Smash Hero
19 inch for 79.99, last time they had a sale for it was July 1-5. I'm waiting for it to come up again (unless Black Friday is just cheaper).

Xyro77

Evo normally does the 23inch Asus VH236H.

If everybody could get something like that, we could fit many more set-ups per table

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you're crazy enough to bring it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Except that model is no longer available.

As long as the TV is 20' or so and accepts HDMI, it should be okay. Don't allow anything like 10' CRT TVs...

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
Gotta be careful. Some cheap LCDs have poor response times. Someone will find and test a cheap smaller one and people will bulk buy them hopefully.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brb, getting 100' TV to prove you wrong.

Xyro77

The 3ds smash event on twitch is kinda meh.

Zelda has a legit kill with her up+b on fox at 45%.

DK ground pound spikes

Bowser appears to have MEGA buffs.

Xyro77

Lmao no.

Texas is bigger
Has more people
More things to do
4th largest city in the USA
It has me

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Texas is the 4th largest city in the USA?
Daaaaaaang. I guess 1-3 are sections of Alaska? :p

It does indeed have you Xyro, making it all the worthwhile.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Texas has the 4th largest city in Usa. Look it up.

It might actually be 3rd now if u count all the undocumented illegals

Last edited:

Xyro77

It's more like a last chance for brawl cause smash 4 will be out 7 days later.

I'm going. Anyone wanna carpool?

Top Bottom