• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Read again. Holding DOWN wouldn't, but holding LEFT would for an attack sending you to the RIGHT.
Bingo ^

Now my question is, this seems to work like if your opponent is charging and upsmash on you after a broken shield. Obviously you can hold down before it hits. Not what if it's a read and you go straight up. What if you hold down after a quarter of a second? Will vector kick in?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bingo ^

Now my question is, this seems to work like if your opponent is charging and upsmash on you after a broken shield. Obviously you can hold down before it hits. Not what if it's a read and you go straight up. What if you hold down after a quarter of a second? Will vector kick in?
i think he said the moment you start to go into the direction the move sends you is when you start to "vector"

Read again. Holding DOWN wouldn't, but holding LEFT would for an attack sending you to the RIGHT.
so its up/down for vert and left/right for hori?

Gea

Smash Master
Yes. The idea is you hold the opposite of how you get hit for survival, and with the attack to get out of combos.

Vectoring is supposedly seen as different as SDI for the moment, meaning that holding it before you get attacked would have the same effect. SDI (or whatever the vector equiv) still exists though, so smashing the opposite direction as you get hit would be most effective.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Apparently it's holding up or up diagonal/down or down diagonal for vertical.

This could be troubling if people are already having a hard time to kill.

Gea

Smash Master
Holding up would make you die sooner off of the top. In theory holding up would help you not get sent as far when spiked if that's what you meant. The diagonal would help slightly if the move didn't send you straight up, but has no real effect on your survival if it does (despite you moving left/right, the amount you move upwards is still the same).

Apparently holding up on juggles at anything above low % lets you get out early.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Thoughts on what this might mean? On paper if you could predict moves this would seem bad, but I think it'll be hard to react so precisely. Even for combos, maybe it could be exploited.

Xyro77

Thoughts on what this might mean? On paper if you could predict moves this would seem bad, but I think it'll be hard to react so precisely. Even for combos, maybe it could be exploited.
Vectoring propmotes escape from combos from the mid-high percents.
Vectoring allows you to survive longer from low to high percents.

Meaning a slower game.

i MIGHT have to eat my 3 stock 7min views.....maybe.

Xyro77

Something else

Characters who can combo at low percent may be the ones crawling up the tier list if this vectoring thing has a huge effect on how we survive killing blows and combos.

Xyro77

Possibly. It may also cause people to escape those combos.
low percents he said it doesnt do too much of anything. mid-high is when you really start to see it.

videos of it on the wiiu version is what i really need.

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
It doesn't have a HUGE impact on low %, but it could still nullify some stuff. If anything, it means characters with reliable kill moves or (dare I say) good zoning to tick on percent safely will be the ones crawling up. That or... this game has potential to have gimps as a regular occurrence.

I hope that it ultimately doesn't change much. To be honest I don't mind 3 stock as long as it isn't dreadfully slow. I just don't want people to be too settled in when we all realize that, "Yup, this game IS slow."

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Coming from melee, I felt the same thing about brawl.

Then as I got better, I learned to kill/gimp/build damage better.

Again, the longer the game is out, the faster things happen.
I guess that's true. I tend to forget that originally, everyone kept complaining that Samus, Sheik, and Peach couldn't kill. Then after a while, that stopped being a problem as some of us got experienced with those characters.

:059:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes.

Characters like Marth love getting out of combos earlier and then just using swords to zone people away all day.

WE BACK IN THERE.
Although I swear to ****ing god what I'd do for ZSS' up b....

I just want down throw to be something scarier than ff air dodge fodder because you need to double jump to reach them :[ Why can't Marth have a custom up b that hits 12 times and kills at 50%. WHY.

Last edited:

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ What does Marth/Lucina have? I haven't seen theirs, but I saw Toon Link has a version of Marth's Up B.

Xyro77

Marth/lucina have ike's side B move but 4x faster. Like like falco side B.

It replaces their up+B

Tesh

Smash Hero
So.....they don't go up? I would have expected something more like a lunging dancing blade or shieldbreaker to help their recoveries.

Looked like Ike only had 2 good ones, but considering quickdraw and eruption kind of suck as concepts, not much can be done there.

Xyro77

It's fine. Even if I allow custom moves in the future, I refuse to allow them to poison my lucina.

Oh hey, go to the lucina boards, iirc they have all her customs unlocked. She has 2 counters and a weaker but faster dancing blade. Totally useless ****.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I was just about to post that, lol.
Whoever compiled those statistics is on their ****. Just saved the community like hundred of hours on debate.

Xyro77

I was just about to post that, lol.
Whoever compiled those statistics is on their ****. Just saved the community like hundred of hours on debate.
Or they could have saved time and listened to me. I know literally everything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Or they could have saved time and listened to me. I know literally everything.
You know, being proud of uninstalling calculator program from your PC is not a good thing.

Last edited:

Xyro77

HAHAHAHAAHA

we had RJs data back me up
Now infinity/ThinkAMan data too.

You are going to keep waiting until u see data back up your views so u can scream "see! 2 stock 5min."

It's done. U lose. U suck. F off!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
RJ's data was actually troubling with your 7 minute timer.

Like I said, wait for more tournaments. The game isn't even a week old.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It's fine. Even if I allow custom moves in the future, I refuse to allow them to poison my lucina.

Oh hey, go to the lucina boards, iirc they have all her customs unlocked. She has 2 counters and a weaker but faster dancing blade. Totally useless ****.
Some characters got some lame stuff I'd have to say. Some cool ones I've seen so far.
Sonic:
Double Spring Up B
Homing attack that goes straight down (just looks cool, not better though)

Bowser:
Flash fire nB with takes 20 seconds to recharge (good buff for a nearly useless move)

Samus:
So many cool things for her

Toon Link:
Fire arrows

Megaman :
Hyper Bomb nB
Skull Barrier

Little Mac:
UpB kills at under 100 but you cant combo into it.

I'm confused about what Denti thought was broken. Maybe something on Mii Fighter.
Reading about Robin's custom thunder.
Does 17-31 damage at max charge (I wanna see villager pocket this)
Takes 5+ seconds to charge (dont see why no one timed this) I guess. normal thoron takes 4 seconds and this one takes longer.
Thoron will apparently break the tome after 1 use.

I'm confused as to what happens if your elwind tome breaks. Do you lose your up b for 7 seconds?

What are you guys talking about with timers here? Isn't 2 stock 5 minutes almost the same timer per stock as 3 stock 8 minutes?
Aside from boredom, I don't think 3 stock will stop someone from timing out just as easily.

Xyro77

RJ's data was actually troubling with your 7 minute timer.

Like I said, wait for more tournaments. The game isn't even a week old.

It proves that only 8 of 122 matches goes to time. The rest finished UNDER 7min. Which proves 3 stock 7 min works just fine. Please RE-read the last 3 pages.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I have a feeling once all custom moves are unlocked and people start displaying how fun/interesting they are to competitive smash in side tournaments or whatever everyone's gonna want to start using them. Just wish they weren't so hard to fully complete, sucks that so many smashers are inherently lazy lol. Of course everyone's gonna **** talk them until they start seeing shiny new moves in front of their face that can actually be used in a practical situation.

Top Bottom