• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Blast zones have been confirmed to be smaller in smash wiiu.

3 stocks still works

(As I said since day 1)

*is a Legend*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Are they really smaller? Or were people relying too much on vector or whatever to stay alive?

Either ways, I remember reading that the Wii U stages were made with more than two players in mind anyways, so the stages themselves would be bigger. I guess they compensated by making the blastzones smaller, assuming it is true.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Heading over now, got delayed.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I don't think he's trolling. I'm seeing people say that blast zones are smaller.

Either way, people are dying earlier.

Last edited:

Xyro77

No vectoring=dying earlier
Smaller blast zones=dying earlier
Faster game that brawl=dying earlier

3 stocks forever.

Thanks, XYRO! You are truly the best the world has seen.

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
These gameplay changes which speed up games (removal of vectoring and smaller blastzones) occurred way after Xyro formulated his position on 3 stocks. To claim these gameplay changes prove you were "right all along" is stupid, but I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume you're trolling.

If anyone was in the 2-stock camp and they decided to switch to 3 stocks after these changes, that would be perfectly acceptable because they do indeed speed up the games. I was always for 3 stocks, but I still could see the merits of the 2-stock position before these changes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For sure Luigi and Diddy have throw setups into guaranteed kills/damage.

Palutena would be nice to have, but she is so light...

Xyro77

This may sound weird but I like to "connect" with or have some sort "relation" to the character I use. It helps me Get into the game/care about playing. It's kinda like getting into a movie or book.

In melee, I was marth. A normal dude (no magic powers or anything) with a sword. During that time I was taking fencing classes irl so I kinda had this "bond" with him because we both used swords and wanted to cut/stab people. Seeing blood gush from a lifeless body was both of our wet dreams.

In brawl i used Samus. The bond I had with her is that we both are lesbians obsessed with technology who just want our zairs touched.

In smash 4 I am deeply disappointed in Marth/lucina/Samus......especially Samus :( Good characters like Yoshi/Diddy/duckhunt....etc I can't handle because I hate animals and wish they all die. Sheik is for the weak. Megaman is for Fanboy mainstream nerds. Rosalina is a ho @zz BICH and Greninja is a ******** frog (Slippy's evolved form) who literally can't put his tongue back in his mouth. Little Mac has catastrophic weaknesses (camp/platforms/thrown off stage or in the air) that will be abused in a few months.

I might try Palutena cause we share a few things in common. We both like green and we both are girls.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
42 custom moves out of 376...this is gonna take a while...

I like how the Tips section mentions Zair for Samus.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The scary thing is, there's a Samus out there with two left hands. No zairs for that one. What a nightmare.. :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm late but my NNID is ALLAHU AKBAR

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Allen/avoid if you are free tomorrow you can come by and play, me and ct will be playing all day. Anyone really is invited but I know yall are the closest

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fuuuuuuuuuuu, some of these challenges are poop.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Allen/avoid if you are free tomorrow you can come by and play, me and ct will be playing all day. Anyone really is invited but I know yall are the closest
What time tomorrow? I'll be free around noon-ish and late tomorrow night. Classes in between.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will anybody be at the vortex homebase? I kind of want to go...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
***** we know this game sucks **** this news isn't new

Teshie U

Smash Lord
You've all been scammed, but don't panic. Preorder Splatoon and trade in this epic failure of a game.

In 6 months we can all rejoice that we bought Wii U!

Xyro77

You've all been scammed, but don't panic. Preorder Splatoon and trade in this epic failure of a game.

In 6 months we can all rejoice that we bought Wii U!
Wait you dislike smash 4?!?! I thought you ended up liking it.

Top Bottom