• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You are about to dive into a new world of tryhards, dumb stuff, and a realization that some Pokemon will ALWAYS be trash because of moveset and stats.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I def won't be playing pkmn competitively so I don't care if my metapods eternally suck

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You don't have to play, but you should at least read up on how the competitive side works.

It's fairly deep, but there is some stupid stuff. And RNG is a major part of it.

Xyro77

guys, please watch the Nintendo Direct that just happened for WiiU. TONS of good info.

The mewtwo thing makes me upset. I truly hope he doesnt cost 100$ to get like they say it does..

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
After watching the direct, I'm certain I'll be getting a wiiu. Lol smash u looks so much more amazing than on 3DS.

Organic chem and Genetics grades.. gg raepd.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
THE POWER OF THE WII U.

Imagine ICs if they were still in for 4v4...the Wii U would probably melt into a puddle of toxic waste.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Hey so I just recently moved back to Houston and was wondering if there were any smashfests around. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Xyro77

RunCT/RT, if the uou can do this mode and not lag up like the GCN/Wii did, it will absolutely be an event at TGC.

Shaya, the music is at the end of the video. I can't remember what it is tbh.

Xyro77

ZeroSaber, what smash do you play. This thread is smash 4.

Smash 4 tournaments are listed on the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
I saw the tournaments, but didn't know if there were like smashfests during the week or anything. I might be going to the TGC tournament next weekend depending on how my schedule shakes up. Thanks for the response Xyro.

edit: Oh I was primarily looking for Smash 4 stuff, but I like every game in the series.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Thank you, Based Sakurai, for CONFIRMING Ridley as a playable character.

>Confirming that Ridley can walk around onstage like a playable character

>Confirming that there is a little icon for when you KO Ridley, just like a playable character

>Confirming that there will be DLC characters like Mewtwo

There is now literally NO reason to think that Ridley can't be a playable character. He's already in the game's code as someone who can walk around onstage fighting like a normal playable character and be KO'd, and DLC is confirmed thanks to Mewtwo. Making Ridley playable would probably just require a single flag to be toggled on in the game's code.

Thank you based Sakurai, thank you based Sakurai, thank you based Sakurai, thank you based Sakurai, thank you based Sakurai!

Ridleyfriends, it won't be long now!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thank you for confirming that people CAN be pants-on-head dumb.

Xyro77

He was confirmed a stage hazard last April.
He has now been reconfirmed as a stage hazard AGAIN.

Some dummies will never learn. New gens of course.

Xyro77

image.jpg

Finally maxed Zelda on Hyrule Warriors. Gonna put this game down and play Bayonetta 1 and 2 until smash in November.

Xyro77

I don't play generic mainstream run n gun low skill low iq Doritos n Moutain Dew cash cow FPS games.

I play REAL games.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It's a lot like halo, not like CoD run and gun. You have to work with your team, you can just roll up on 3 people and mow them all down for an easy triple. There are shields and **** to get around, it's pretty fun.

Tesh

Smash Hero
other m ridley is so ugly. only uglier ridley is NES one

xyro how did you manage to max her out without even unlocking the wind waker you aint done

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Saw the smash extravaganza a little while ago. Ugh cannot wait for the Wii U version. It looks SO good.

So as of now, Ridley is not a playable character, but I fully believe they left the door open for him to be DLC. Ledge grab, killable, little KO icon? C'mon. It's POSSIBLE.

Also, I bodied Avoid on aib. Taste that mac.

Top Bottom