• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
71.4% of the 42 games in Top 8 were won by the player(s) who took the first stock of a game.

28.5% of the 42 games in Top 8 were lost by the player(s) who took the first stock of a game.

This is the stat to see why 2 stocks isn't good for big sets. I lost game 2 to Komoikiri due to a suicide of my second stock at 0%. Stocks go by too fast lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Where's the final .1% Flip? DISTORTING THE FACTS.

The debate continues for stock count...

'V'

Smash Lord

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you're getting the DLC, be smart and add money to your account now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Facebook is where most stuff happens now.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I am very mad. I carpooled all the way to TGC to play in a tournament, get stuck in traffic and lost against this ******** ass Mario. Down threw comboed me and wouldn't stop up smashing I really cannot think straight right now. I offered to MM him for more than $20. Nope. I thought I would have made it out of pools if I knew how to ****ing buffer Finishing Touch. But they didn't even give me the frames to do it. Bull****, just straight up bull****. Probably will never go to a tournament that gay ass Mario enter ever again. This definitely ruined my day.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Working on a pinned post for the group. It will include upcoming events in Houston. If you'd like your event included, please pm me within the next 30 minutes. (I will also edit in events after the initial post)

Also the pinned post will include the SFC event lineup for the rest of February

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
breaking-news1.jpg

TGC 7 (April 9th 2016) MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT #5!

1. Sol (best Little Mac in USA) and Samsora (2nd best Peach in USA) have been confirmed for attending TGC 7! These two top players are on top of the already confirmed, Esam, MVD, PugWest, S2H, Meme and Joker.

2. There are only 14 days (exactly 2 weeks) left to register for TGC 7. Though the event is April 9th, I am cutting off registration for Singles and Doubles on April 6th so that all of you can see your pools/brackets/seeding before the event starts and we can make any changes if needed.

3. Online registration for TGC 7 is REQUIRED. There will be ZERO offline/in-person sign-ups. If you wish to attend TGC 7, please sign up at https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1 Please note that you MUST have a smashgg account in order to register for TGC 7. Its takes less than 2min to make an account.

4. TGC 7 1vs1 (singles) has a player cap of 192 entrants and it has already hit over 1/3 capacity. TGC 7 2vs2 (doubles) has a cap of 64 teams and has hit 18% capacity but will be at 42% once the already registered players confirm teammates. TGC series has an average of over 200 1vs1 entrants per event and 60 teams in 2vs2 and so this event WILL absolutely cap. Please don't wait, register now and guarantee yourself a spot.

NOTE: Remember to "invite" your partner through smashgg using only their smashgg username to confirm your team. If you do not invite your partner, you won't be allowed to play in teams.

5. There will be a $500 pot bonus for singles (1vs1) at TGC 7. If doubles (2vs2) caps by April 1st 2016 (8 days away), I will add $500 pot bonus to that event.

6. The venue now has wired internet and thus a stream, brought to you by FNS Trela, will be at TGC 7. Go to the TGC 7 smashgg page for more details on the stream.

7. There is a SET schedule for TGC 7. More details will be given out once online registration has ended (April 6th) but for now the TGC 7 event times are on the event page: www.smash.gg/tournament/TGC-7-1

8. We have sponsors, vendors, partners and other special things for TGC. Check the TGC 7 smashgg page for more info.

9. I have multiple OOS players I am going to announce in the coming weeks so stay tuned! For now though, check this out:

Pugwest, Rhode Island, Best Marth in USA.
Esam, South Carolina, Best Pikachu in USA.
MVD, Florida, Top 3 Diddy/Best Florida player.
Samsora, Louisiana, 2nd best Peach in USA.
Sol, Florida, Best Little Mac in the USA.
S2H, Cali, Elite Metaknight.
True Blue, Florida.
Fuji, Illinois.
Nicole & Arma Missouri.
Joker & Meme Mexico
CaptainZack & CrashLopez, Louisiana.

10. A new character challenge has been issued! The Little Mac/Shulk/DK challenge!! Any player who reaches top 5 going ONLY DK/Mac/Shulk OR a combination of DK/Little Mac/Shulk will receive an extra $50 on top of your normal winnings.

11. For those that bring FULL setups (WiiU+TV+Smash4+adapter) that i end up using, i will refund you your entire venue fee ($10). For those that bring a HALF setup (WiiU+TV+adapter OR just a TV) i will refund you half of your veue fee ($5). The more setups we have the more friendlies and MMs we can get done. Please help me out. I need it badly.

12. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me on twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ), FB (Allan Xyro Sims), Smashboards (Xyro77) and email (was7x@hotmail.com). TTN GrimTurtle (Razer) and TTN founder Tesh have joined team TGC and are here to assist you in anyway possible.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
are u fat Boy...stay everyday ahead of ur computer eating x-burguer and try to do friends and any girlfriend at ur msn twitter and other..

shizuh

Smash Rookie
Greetings!

I was linked to this thread to find people from Houston smash and hangout.

I'm currently on a longterm vacation in the US (until beginning of May in Houston) from Denmark and I'm trying to find some local players to play against. I'm not the best, but I do want to improve.
As experience goes, I played Melee a lot as a child but lost foucs due to everything else. I joined with Smash 4 and attended some tournee in Denmark and got Third. But then again, it was very local and I wouldn't call it impressive in the least.

Hit me up on Skype (shizuh42) or here if you're interested!

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
If you have a Facebook then join the Houston Smash 4 group. Beware though, you might not understand anything that goes on in there, but that's where most of the information is posted regarding tournaments and smashfests.

shizuh

Smash Rookie
If you have a Facebook then join the Houston Smash 4 group. Beware though, you might not understand anything that goes on in there, but that's where most of the information is posted regarding tournaments and smashfests.
Oh, I already applied for it. I'm just waiting for confirmation. Thanks for the heads up though :)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Petition to change your Project Graduation destination to TGC8. Assuming HS Grad.

Top Bottom