• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you only get instakilled on the water if you hit the stage while 100% or over like with lava, the instant kill/stage crush are things you'd have to be mentally ill to get hit by, Bahamut ZERO indicates where it's going to hit like halberd cannon, ramuh does basically nothing unless you step on an electrified platform yourself, Ifrit can't even kill and the fire does almost no damage.

Been trying it out a lot against a few people and none of the summons are ridiculously polarizing, it makes it feel like an actual counterpick and it's fun to play on.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The fact that the summons only affect one person definitely rules it out completely. You can just luck out and be at the right platform when the red orb pops up and get oppressive and dangerous stage control.

Kalos had a much better shot at being legal since both players had to be wary of the nonsense going on.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Exactly. They are practically assist trophies. May as well go turn on Assist Trophies on low and then go to any stages for wackiness.

I honestly wonder which spawns faster.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There is a 0% chance that I will legalize Midgar.

Dude, the stage literally rips in half. F this ****.

Bayonetta stage seems decent

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Assuming nothing crazy happens, neutral or CP at worst. I guess it depends how obtrusive the platforms are to some people.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lmfao @ the stage ripping in half hell yes ***** u see what happened to villager? we NEED that

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
nintendofool Z 2 days ago I cannot contain my excitement after the Smash bros direct. The ballot winner, Bayonetta. I could literally die of being too damn excited right now. She was the absolute number one character that I was hoping for in Smash once Sakurai posted the Smash ballot online. For over a year all I could think of how awesome it would be if Bayonetta came to Smash. I was thinking of movesets for her and everything. (Ex Down B being her witch time). I told all my friends that of my top 5 characters I wanted in Smash, Bayonetta would be number one. All my friends told me it would be impossible because she is too sexy, her games are too bloody, and she fights naked half the time. After playing Bayonetta 2 and the first, I went to Bayonetta soundtracks on youtube posting comments saying "Bayonetta for Smash". I got lots of people on the Bayonetta bandwagon, and of course I also got lots of haters. Anyway, today, the final announcement of the Smash bros series, after Corrin was announced (I love the fire emblem series too so I was happy that he/she got in) I expected the ballot winners to be a character that was posted everywhere online (Bayonetta being one ofc, but others too) like K Rool, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Inkling (was my second choice btw). I would have been happy about anyone. The announcement for the final character finally came on. Once it scrolled to the moon and I heard Bayonetta's voice, I COMPLETELY LOST IT. I stood up, I screamed at the top of my lungs, then I broke down and cried. I just absolutely could not believe what I was watching. I felt as if I was meeting God for the first time. All my thoughts and dreams that I've kept over the year coming true. All those haters saying she would never be in were eating their words. My screaming ended up waking my sister up. She ran to my room in a state of panic asking me what happened and what was the matter. I literally just ran up to her and hugged her. I told her everything would be fine and that I never felt happier in my entire life. Masahiro Sakurai, I ****ing love you. End.

Bąγσŋεŧŧą Uɱɓŗą Wïŧƈɧ 1 day ago +nintendofool Z I'm always here to fight because as long as there's music I'll keep on dancing.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
If the platforms on clock tower go away for a bit it should be fine. It COULD get banworthy if we have techable surfaces flying all over, but it sounded like it was just a transition as you pass into Paradiso. Hopefully they don't make the angels attack you at all without warning. Stage looks AMAZING anyway.

I hope they toss in a good returning stage like YI or PS1. We could have 7 starters in TX.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Get the feeling that any stages exclusive to 3DS will stay 3DS. So probably no YI.

Suspect

Smash Hero
The next time houston comes to SA can yall post it on here? I dont have fb so I never know.

Zano Zano ill go to your bday thing if im off, ill know by friday. Ill go just to hang out

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much all of Houston has moved to FB for most part. Just old gens left on Smashboards with some exceptions.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Let's imagine... if you glimpsed the future, you were frightened by what you saw, what would you do with that information? You would go to the politicians, captains of industry? And how would you convince them? Data? Facts? Good luck! The only facts they won't challenge are the ones that keep the wheels greased and the dollars rolling in. But what if... what if there was a way of skipping the middle man and putting the critical news directly into everyone's head? The probability of wide-spread annihilation kept going up. The only way to stop it was to show it, to scare people straight. Because what reasonable human being wouldn't be galvanized by the potential destruction of everything they've ever known or loved? To save civilization, I would show its collapse. How do you think this vision was received? How do you think people responded to the prospect of imminent doom? They gobbled it up like a chocolate eclair! They didn't fear their demise, they re-packaged it. It could be enjoyed as video-games, as TV shows, books, movies, the entire world wholeheartedly embraced the apocalypse and sprinting towards it with gleeful abandon. Meanwhile your earth was crumbling all around you. You've got simultaneous epidemics of obesity and starvation. Explain that one! Bees and butterflies start to disappear, the glaciers melt, algae blooms. All around you the coal mine canaries are dropping dead and you won't take the hint! In every moment there's the possibility of a better future, but you people won't believe it. And because you won't believe it you won't do what is necessary to make it a reality. They dwell on this terrible future and you resign yourselves to it for one reason, because that future doesn't ask anything of you today. So yes, we saw the iceberg and warned the Titanic. But you all just steered for it anyway full steam ahead. Why? Because you want to sink!

Xyro77

image.png

I did it guys. I got the best player on the planet to like 3 stocks. He even PMed me a day or so ago wanting to go to TGC 6.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ok .

Last edited:

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
I'm on my way out and only here for a couple weeks, but does anyone want to play friendlies with someone from out of town who's slightly above mediocre?

I'm in the Kemah/League City area. I remember seeing a Galveston thread a couple years ago. Did that die?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was excited at first for new year drama, but then realized it was last year drama by the timestamp. What a shame...

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I was excited at first for new year drama, but then realized it was last year drama by the timestamp. What a shame...
We can still make this into new drama.

I'm calling Espy out for being bad or something.

Money Match at SFC 28!!

Top Bottom