• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Current Smash 64 rules has it banned, I can only assume because of the right side's tent of life. People are only supposed to go there because of gentleman's agreement nowadays.

And while movement options are the similar, 64 didn't have characters with extreme movement speed differences like Sonic, Ganondorf, D3, etc. which could lead to problems.

Kongo 64 shouldn't be legal in Smash 4 because it has been demonstrated it can be circle-camped.

Again, you need to take the current game's mechanics and workings into consideration for a stage, not "legal in the past...should be okay, no problems!"

Not gonna lie, Claire has some good aspirations to...become a reindeer.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I just ordered the 9 film bluray collection of Marilyn Monroe, so guess what Houston gets to watch when I house them? :denzel:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just ordered the 9 film bluray collection of Marilyn Monroe, so guess what Houston gets to watch when I house them? :denzel:
Suspect plz, I never asked for this.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dr Mario looks more reasonable than most of the stuff legal at TGC.

The layouts of these stages are just terrible. But Xyro doesnt listen to logic so...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, remember when PORT TOWN was legal. Those were great times.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It ruined itself when the racers decided to kill you at 20%.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Klaptrap had an actual predictable timer on a stationary stage, would telegraph its attacks, always attacked in two predictable spots and was always below ledges.

Port Town had random stage transitions and had one part where you could not even SEE the racers approach you, at least 10 racers in random positions and DIRECTLY interfered with battle.

Yep...definitely comparable, hurrr durrrrrr. But do go on, your attempts to justify never cease to amuse me.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
All of the sections with cars can be avoided.

Stop being lazy and learn smash stages.

smashboards.com/threads/port-town-aero-dive-analysis.217615/

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only part of Port Town that wasn't fine was the single formation where you couldn't see the cars coming and had less than 2 seconds to react.

If that part didn't exist, it'd be a fine stage. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hitting the stage did teensy damage and saved you from pitfall KOs.
It was fine. The wall that forms on the side during one of the transitions had a huge visual cue so getting hit by it is the player's fault.

I'm not defending the stage either though, but the stage being able to hit you is a silly thing to use against it. :applejack:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Being hit into it and then getting combo'd out of it is silly though. Then the cars being able to kill you quite often is super bad.

Anyways it doesn't matter. I just want REAL K Rool as DLC.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm so, so glad K Rool was reduced to a costume. I hope it stays that way.
Character is lame as ****. :applejack:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Klaptrap could also be teched on reaction consistently. Japes is a bad stage because of the layout, not because of the hazards.

Water is actually such a cool mechanic for smash. Its a shame the few times it popped up in brawl and smash 4 (so far) its almost always accompanied by a bunch of nonsense overshadowing it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They gave Luigi THE FALCHION BLADE.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Downloaded 2 stages. Now waiting 13min for the update.

The patch changed lots of things. Pit/dark pit and lucina/marth are slowly becoming actually different.

Top Bottom