• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

the.ottozone1

Smash Rookie
Diddy is still really good lol.
His lack of easy kill moves and his knockback nerfed on his u-air and f-air definitely hinder closing out stocks. I feel people believe he is still good because of top smash players still doing well with him, but I feel like they make the character look good in this case.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, Diddy is still a solid character. Anybody who thought he was balanced before the patch is either new to smash (or maybe any sort of competitive game) or was a MK user from Brawl.

The patch supposedly only fixed Mewtwo single-player and customs issue. If replays are still usable, then nothing important was changed.

Last edited:

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, it's been awhile. Looking forward to TGC tomorrow (first smash tournament for me). Say hey if you happen to see me or something (I use FRC Shoryuken at tournaments too). Does everyone use their s/n from here as their tournament name?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey guys, it's been awhile. Looking forward to TGC tomorrow (first smash tournament for me). Say hey if you happen to see me or something (I use FRC Shoryuken at tournaments too). Does everyone use their s/n from here as their tournament name?

Yes. Most of us do. I'm Xyro. I'll be the host of TGC.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Any carpools heading from Syncs to the tourney on Saturday?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
100 would be nice, but not 200+ again...

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yeah, Diddy is still a solid character. Anybody who thought he was balanced before the patch is either new to smash (or maybe any sort of competitive game) or was a MK user from Brawl.

The patch supposedly only fixed Mewtwo single-player and customs issue. If replays are still usable, then nothing important was changed.
Funny how the same people that said MK/ICs werent broken in Brawl admitted that they were completely unfair once smash 4 came out. Then they returned to their mantra of adapt and "get gud" about pre-patch diddy and how we should all just DI perfectly and not get grabbed. Now these same people admit that Diddy was unbalanced pre-patch.

Some of these people have literally no integrity AND they don't even have the sense to properly hide that fact.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
At least no one was that delusional here...I hope.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Knife, do you think you could come pick up me and KJ possibly like last time?
Its a tough one for me. There's a Pokemon premier challenge in the morning that I really want to go to and considering how rare official Pokemon events are in Houston, I may have to opt for that. Pokemon starts at 11 though so if I get knocked out early (or do bad in Swiss), I'd be able to make it for singles at TGC.

Tldr; Sorry I likely can't drive y'all this time.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Do not come over today. We are very busy and having repairs done. If you guys want to meetup for rides in the early morning saturday, thats fine.

I can't promise anything though, Sync is also going to that pokemon tournament.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Do not come over today. We are very busy and having repairs done. If you guys want to meetup for rides in the early morning saturday, thats fine.

Repairs are happening all day?

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995

finally fixin that hole in the wall ayyye?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sex Saloon's closed for remodeling.

Take your sex elsewhere.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww dude, nah

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Sync is still going to TGC. He's showing up for singles
Yes, but unless you guys want to go to work with him at 8AM, then pokemon tou
finally fixin that hole in the wall ayyye?
The one you made 2 years ago?

Also there is no one home right now, just giving you guys a heads up so those of you without cars don't just get dropped off here, realize you can't get in then bake in the sun for the next 4-5 hours.

Ya'll can come over around 10 I'll be home then, otherwise show up at your own risk. Repairs are not complete and if you show up too early, you may have to leave for a bit anyway.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Thanks for the heads up Tesh
If I absolutely cannot find an alternative I'll show up around 10-11 when you're there

Robozygo

Smash Rookie
You will enjoy it. just be there early because registration/check-in lines will be long.
I'm sure you've already answered this a dozen times but I pre registered, do I just need to have my email receipts at the door?

Top Bottom