• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
"From the head of ________"

Yup, I'm totally going to hell now.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Is TGC gonna have a stream or just recordings? I can't remember if that place has internet for streaming.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I recall, it was recorded last time. Times like this I wish I had a 4G mobile hotspot...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is old and NEVER use Kotaku as a source.

the.ottozone1

Smash Rookie
One of my best friends, Tyler, is going to TGC. We played Melee and Brawl back in high school, and I stood in his wedding about two years ago. This is his second Smash 4 tournament. He's not really one to impose, so I know for a fact he's not gonna be telling people he's one of Zigsta's best friends. He's likely to lay low--but please don't let him if you see him! He's got light blonde hair, is about 6 foot, and offhand is maining Diddy/ZSS. Please give him a warm Texas welcome for me!

I'm really hoping there's an event I can fly out to sometime because I miss all you awesome people. :)
I'll be repping ZSS since the Diddy nerf. I'm a tier ***** 'till the end. Aiming for above the 50 percentile this time.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey, guys! Xyro here.
This is the 2nd to last TGC 2 smash 4 update/reminder! I will do one more tomorrow and that will be it on my end.

1. TGC 2 is 2 days away. April 25th is the day.

2. Online pre-reg closes in 8.5 hours. By midnight i close online pre-reg. If you want to pre-reg online (buy the venue pass and 1vs1 pass) do so here on the first post of this thread: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/ you can always register offline/in person if you dont make the midnight deadline. Ill turn no one away at the door.

3. Mewtwo is legal in teams/singles but not every WiiU will have him unlocked. So If you "main" him, you run the risk of not being able to choose him on certain setups. I highly recommend you have a 2ndary character available. You have been warned.

4. As always, TGC desperately needs full setups (WiiU/tv/ssb4) in order to run this event in a timely manner. If you bring a full set-up, you will be compensated.

5. Sign-ups/registration/set-up begins at 10am but I highly recommend you get to the venue at 9am because lines will be long and you will need time to warm-up or try out Mewtwo. 2vs2 starts at 12. 1vs1 will start soon after (around 2pm).

6. This event will be the starting event of the post-patch Official Houston Power Ranking so please do your best and crush EVERYBODY you meet. The next Houston PR update will happen right before Lucas is released in June.

7. This event also marks the beginning of a character challenge that I will do at all future TGC events. For more info on this challenge, please go to post #26 on this thread: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

8. Though not required, i would love it if you all brought $5 and $1 bills when registering with me at TGC. Having these bills in abundance helps speed up the registration process as well as payouts.

9. The patch that came out a few days ago has nerfed Diddy Kong. REJOICE!!!!

10. If you have any questions or comments, please message me on FB (Allan Sims), smashboards (Xyro77), Twitter (@ Xyro77 Xyro77 ) or through email at was7x@hotmail.com (title the email "TGC 2").

Edit: I am the best Samus in the entire Southwest. #DealWithIt

Xyro77

Will pools for TGC be posted tomorrow Allan
Of all the people that pre-reg, only 5-7 gave me their tags.

I have no idea who to seed if I don't have their tags. Especially if the parents used their own name and email.

So no I won't be posting pools because people do not listen to me or read instructions. I'll just do this the normal way and make pools during 2vs2.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Make a thread on facebook asking people to PM you so you can attach a list to it. Otherwise, we can basically pay at the venue now rather than online hm?

What ever happened to the idea of a main Houston stream? Think we kinda let it die down, but it would benefit us in the long run. Tbh there needs to be more discussion/feedback about it.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Of all the people that pre-reg, only 5-7 gave me their tags.

I have no idea who to seed if I don't have their tags. Especially if the parents used their own name and email.

So no I won't be posting pools because people do not listen to me or read instructions. I'll just do this the normal way and make pools during 2vs2.
I know there was a bit of complication with me since my friend payed for my entrance but did you get my tag after I PM'd you?

Xyro77

Take away onion ability to like posts. There is no reason all of us should put him on ignore. He literally likes every post.

Look at his like count vs his join date. It's gotta be bad.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If he's still doing the "going back to like every post ****" let me know, I'm sure that's not really a cool thing to do.
On the other side of things, this could be used to blackmail you two to do everything I've ever wanted. Like uploading tournament results.

But yeah, I guess this is warning him properly first more than anything~

Top Bottom