• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Ok guys, super serious post time.

The venue for the first official TGC event has been nailed down. This venue has something we have never had before....personal chefs with customizable menus. The venue is dedicating chefs to us and is willing to cook us whatever we desire. The venue owner has asked me to ask you guys what type of food would you be willing to buy so that he can created a TGC menu for the event. So, please, tell me what you would be seriously interested in buying (food/drink wise) at the Official TGC 1 and the chefs will make it for us. Please list serious items like.....Chicken strips, Fries, Nachos, Burgers, Salads, Pizza, burritos, tacos, Soda, Juices, Milk, water, tea....etc and nothing ridiculous like caviar, ostrich eggs, rhinoceros milk.

sugar cookies and Cambodian Breast milk.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I heard Sync won't be at his house this weekend, but other people will?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Idk. Also, who all is looking to go to San Antonio on January 3rd for their monthly tournament? I saw a lot of interest from Houston and other cities look to be going too.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah I want to see who's all interested and who can make carpools.

Also I'm looking to stay at least 1 night or both Friday/Saturday night.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will the items on the menu affect the pricing, or is it going to be a flat-fee no matter the items?

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Will the items on the men affect the pricing, or is it going to be a flat-fee no matter the items?
We are trying to negosiate price but there is no way I could get you lobster tail for 4$. So whatever items you recommend, keep price in mind (even with a discount).

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Quesadillas and sweet tea.
Or if not then something simple like burgers and fries.

I'd be down to carpool to Austin.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Quesadillas and tea yes I agree. They will be really easy to eat and not messy

Danimal197

Smash Apprentice
They said it last weekend at GFC3, that there is another one this weekend.

EDIT: Confirmed on facebook in the Houston Sm4sh group.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
On the Menu Topic:
The chicken strips and waffle fries I got there were legit, just your regular junk food is fine imo.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Is the chef making more than 1 meal? I feel chicken strips and fries would be the easiest to do, satisfying and better on everyones pocket. If more than 1 meal is an option I'd still keep the chicken strips/fries there and have a more expensive option for people who prefer that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is the chef making more than 1 meal? I feel chicken strips and fries would be the easiest to do, satisfying and better on everyones pocket. If more than 1 meal is an option I'd still keep the chicken strips/fries there and have a more expensive option for people who prefer that.
Pretty much this. It's understandable that some Smash players won't have a lot of money, but if we have personal chefs and the only thing on the menu is chicken strips and fries...might as well get Chik-Fil-A party trays and save money.

Liking the other options beyond the typical fast food.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm saying the point is we have a rare opportunity to design a good food menu of our choice to be served at a venue, and people are suggesting...chicken strips and fries.

Something about that just seems...saddening. I understand money is a factor, but I would think people would want something better for themselves...

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying the point is we have a rare opportunity to design a good food menu of our choice to be served at a venue, and people are suggesting...chicken strips and fries.

Something about that just seems...saddening. I understand money is a factor, but I would think people would want something better for themselves...
When you put it that way I do see the waste. Chicken strips and fries would be no different from Chick fila or Mcdonalds. We have an actual chef so I would be willing to spend the extra cash for something more satisfying. There should be places nearby people can eat cheap if they don't want it and lunch break provides enough time. My opinion has changed id be down for some hamburger steak, some sort of mexican food, meatloaf, mongolianor chicken.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

One meal isn't that important RT.
Go dine at someplace fancy if you want something unique. :applejack:

Top Bottom