• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Kadin.

Smash Cadet
Had a lot of fun guys! Still contemplating whether or not to go next week. But we'll see! Shout outs to my boy BC (cause we put in that work). Bluebird for being such a cool dude and showing everyone Luigi is double S tier. Gamma for popping off on that Kongo Jungle and sending everyone to losers. And Krebs for hosting a great tournament! Until next time guys!

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much copy pastaing a majority of my last post. Hosting another smashfest this Friday at 6pm.

I've been in this scene for awhile (check out dat join date), so if you know me, then you're invited. If I don't know you but you are interested in coming, then you are invited as well. You can ask anybody in the scene who's been around for awhile, and they'll let you know I'm cool. I'd like to see how much interest there would be if I were to host this type a thing every two weeks or possibly weekly.

8322620373. Shoot me a text if you're coming so I can get a head count/I can give you the address. Also, please bring set-ups. I have one complete set-up and an extra monitor.

Rules for Stiltz Fest:

1. No shoes in the apartment. Leave em at the front.
2. Don't molest my roommate's dog.
3. I will be a jerk and eat food from my fridge in front of you. There are food places nearby.
4. If you don't RSVP ahead of time and show up at my apartment, I may or may not let you in depending on my mood.
5. I really hate having to say this but I've been to far too many gaming fests. Don't steal my stuff, my roommate's stuff, or anybody else's stuff. It won't be tolerated. Also, please shower and brush your teeth.
6. I don't mind alcohol, but don't get obnoxious. I'm 25 and my beer pong/waking up in a puddle of my piss days are over.
7. I'm a nurse. Yes, I will save your life if it needs to be done. No, I won't look at that sore/wart on your **** for you. Go to a doctor.

Let's have fun.

EDIT: In case you're concerned about distance, I live at the intersection at 288 and 6 10 near the medical center.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Shoutouts to people keep leaving their wii motes sync'd up, holding up the tournament. It was only my wii mote 1 time I swear!
Shoutout to Kadin for wrecking in doubles. Team Keeyuuute ftw shoutouts to Julia (Pink Villager is mine)
Vro for epic trash talk and having possibly the most hype set of the tourney. Unleash this guy against Dallas he would make them cry.
Bluebird for showing how good you are and how good Luigi really is
Krebs for hosting 4 events and doing a good job

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Just gonna main doubles now f singles
I'd highly suggest switching your singles style from overly gross and ineffective camping (when you lose) to producing ways to approach and go in. I've seen you do it before. Idk why you play to time a lot. It'll only hurt you in the long run in any bracket.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Doubles is infinitely more fun than singles in the more recent Smash games, since camping and timeouts are far less effective.

Plus, you get to see more characters become viable.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
how about the game just sucks
gj kadin and bc

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Man GFC was a blast. Me and my crew actually managed to pull off the win in 4 v 4's. Haha. BC camping the ledge at the last stock was tough to try and figure out, but luckily a nice DK punch said "F You" and super armored that hoe for the win. GG's

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
So who has gotten the deepest on the Wii U challenges in Houston? I've been told its RT. I thought I was doing pretty well but I'm only just past 100..

I do still have all my hammers though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm around 120 with all hammers. Just haven't done a lot of the tedious stuff like beating a mode with all characters or anything Smash Tour related. :applejack:

That one that requires you to beat 9.0 with Marth in under 12 minutes makes me chuckle though. :applejack:

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dang I haven't seen that one yet. I guess when I'm working on the 7.0 challenge I'll have to make sure I do 9.0 with Marth.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm at 128/140 now with no hammers used. The last few challenges sort of overlap each other, so it's just a matter of grinding them out. For example, the 700 trophy one will be done once I finish Classic on 7.0/All-Star on hard with everyone. Still need to do 8.0 with 2 more characters to get the all CDs one.

And the Marth one will be silly, just equip pure attack parts and then just spam Fsmash.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
F. I need to update OP with TGC 2 and the newest GFC results. Sorry for being so late guys. Trying to work on this girl.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Worst TO ever.

Money back.

#lovemoney

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As usual, no one cares about regular Africa.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Know pain

Know Diddy

Both of these actually fit as tags

RT

Smash Hero
NNID