• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Oh we did. Pocketing Ness recovery, pocket charge shot to a Samus charge shot. Spiking villager and not worrying about him dying.

I also learned that a pocket charge shot beats out my own charge shot. It's the only projectile than can do this.
pocket charge shot does almost 50 damage, so naturally it beats everything.

didn't you say there wouldnt be teams?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
pocket charge shot does almost 50 damage, so naturally it beats everything.

didn't you say there wouldnt be teams?
They put it on the schedule without me knowing so I had to run it. Prizes no money :(

I gave my prize to the 2nd winners

Xyro77

So Jaden Smith is going to be Static Shock in a live action series now/

A real shame, that was one of my favorite super hero shows as a kid and Jaden is a TERRIBLE actor.

If Will Smith is bankrolling it or made some kind of deal because of Suicide Squad, I would have preferred Willow. At least we haven't seen proof that she has no talent.
I never liked static shock but I can't see how Jaden would make it better.

Suicide squad is gonna be a hit or miss. I'm worried

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. So don't be afraid, ok?
wow really good post : - )

Teshie U

Smash Lord
*gets super powers at a gang fight*

Static Shock was a pretty cool cartoon, nothing too amazing but it was kind of nice to see a young black super hero dealing with smaller issues than the apocalyptic stuff superman and justice league would handle.

Jaden Smith has lowered the quality of every movie he is cast in. Most child actors suck, but its annoying that he keeps popping up because Will Smith is so good.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
"There was a really dark time in my life, there was drinking. I found myself huddled near my desk in tears, there was just so much going on in my life - y'know? One night I was researching, when I came across the concept of Tulpas. A Tulpa is something you create - it's like a hallucination but you can feel it. I was lonely. Across my desk my old copy of Banjo-Kazooie laid on the floor. I just didn't want to feel lonely anymore, so I spent nights in the dark, focusing, imagining, creating. Soon I heard that familiar voice. That humble "hyuck!" sound. Was my computer on? It sounded just like him... Banjo. From under my covers I peered, the edge of my room he stood. Banjo stood there and I wasn't alone anymore. Banjo became my tulpa, and to this day he remains with me, at the edge of my bed, playing those banjo tunes - sometimes I request songs. 'Hey Banjo, can you play some John Fahey?'. Oh Banjo, please don't ever leave me." - Mike Portnoy, 2007, from an interview with Pitchfork

Xyro77

wow really good post : - )
Watch "Jacob's Ladder." That is where the quote comes from. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/?ref_=nv_sr_1
*gets super powers at a gang fight*

Static Shock was a pretty cool cartoon, nothing too amazing but it was kind of nice to see a young black super hero dealing with smaller issues than the apocalyptic stuff superman and justice league would handle.

Jaden Smith has lowered the quality of every movie he is cast in. Most child actors suck, but its annoying that he keeps popping up because Will Smith is so good.
Didn't the dude surf on a manhole cover?
Smaller issues he would help fix didnt seem like they mattered.
I dont know, i didnt see much of it so i guess it never stuck with me.

Static shock is amazing. Xyro is racist.
Typical liberal/black person response. Thanks, Obama.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Hi. I'm a new player. Looking forward to joining the scene. When do these tournaments happen?
Welcome to the Smash community Lucy. I have heard all about you placing very high and winning going all Samus. Keep it up, we need more female new gens like you.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
So at this tournament, i met some people that "host" tournaments near tomball. They were never aware of TGC or any weeklies going around in Houston. I invited them so we should be getting a few more new faces in the scene :) also..........I FINALLY BEAT SENPAI GNES AT A TOURNAMENT! :143:. And with Espy (first time meeting him in bracket) i think he was having a rather bad day... i went 2-1 with him but i kinda didnt "play" the same after our game one. i was kinda in shock from what was happening. And effin Mbohne and is up tilt to u-air/bair combos >:( the more i play him the more i learn from my mistakes. i think ill have it next time i play him. i run into his up tilts and upsmashes too much haha... anyways, This tournament ran REALLY well. i was expecting to get back home like at 12:00 or so. but i got home around 8:30 :) And thanks Xyro for the advice you gave me when i was leaving.. im really going to take what you said into consideration and change my mindset overall !! Time to grind for CEO and TGC 3 !

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am surprised.

But then again, you can keep insisting this with a bottle of Corona in your hand.

Now I finally have justification to say use the "You're drunk, go home" bit.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I've seen what you do in teams Xyro. Poor Nicole didn't stand a chance.
We never teamed before
Never practiced before hand
Have no synergy
We dont know our roles

Still placed well.

Then i teamed with Espy at another event later on and did super well even though his character got nerfed. Why?

We teamed before
We practiced before
We have some synergy
We know what our roles are in the match

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Kinda like those times I teamed with Razer/Gnes. All that "practice" was how we made it to the top.

Zori

Smash Champion
I'm not going to lie playing xyro in teams was one of the more frustrating things of that day and we played a double Mario/Zelda team beforehand

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some people are better dubs players than singles.

If you need to travel around town for work or otherwise, be sure you check traffic online and news. Stay safe.

Xyro77

I'm not going to lie playing xyro in teams was one of the more frustrating things of that day and we played a double Mario/Zelda team beforehand
I am the best.
If you need to travel around town for work or otherwise, be sure you check traffic online and news. Stay safe.
The footage I am seeing on the new is CRAZY. School bus under water?! WTF

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
On the way to work, I saw at least 10 cars abandoned on the road on side streets and like two parking lots of towed cars that were abandoned. It is insane.

Heard on the radio one guy took 9 hours to get from Memorial City mall to his home in Missouri City. That's 9PM yesterday to 6AM today. Terrible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom