• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash isn't ea-I tried.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I recall, last one did not. Probably just record/replay setups. I might bring recording stuff, but really prefer people just saving replays I can record from later.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Double Rajang guild quest?

At least I hope someone has a Savage Jho GQ...

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if anyone wants to get into reviving melee for fun during the summer w/ me through that 20XX memory card i'm definitely down

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
if anyone wants to get into reviving melee for fun during the summer w/ me through that 20XX memory card i'm definitely down
I'll play it with you. I already play it but tournaments are rare, like once a month now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Definitely arrive early, the line to get the badge will be loooooooooooooong.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'll play it with you. I already play it but tournaments are rare, like once a month now.
very cool, maybe if we round up enough people within our clique those hosts will start creating more events?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Its crazy that after 13 years, melee gets its largest tournament of all time. and it had more entrants than any smash bros tournament ever

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Its crazy that after 13 years, melee gets its largest tournament of all time. and it had more entrants than any smash bros tournament ever
I couldn't imagine caring about a game or playing a game where fox wins for 13 years straight

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Based PJ being helpful.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Alrighty, girls/guys. The 1k dollar pot prize for 1vs1 smash wiiu at Comic Palooza 2015 is TOMORROW! Please be in the game room by 10am for sign-up/check-in/set-up and practice. 1vs1 starts at noon.

There are 88 players that have already pre-reg with me and I have a 2 page list of con goers who want to enter as well. They will most def cap this event but I am still offering you, my children, a chance to enter the event before the rest. So to GUARANTEE a spot for yourself, you must send me an email with your gamer tag AND the receipt from purchasing your con badge. 11:30pm tonight is the deadline. If you can't pre-reg with me by then, you run the risk of trying to enter the event at the door.

We also need WiiU+Ssb4+adapters+tvs so please help us all out by brining equipment.

If you need more info, please read here: www.smashboards.com/threads/may-23-2015-comic-palooza-2015-1000-guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I told him he should've come to Vegas [earlier] instead. Wasn't he in Houston for a tournament?

Also Tesh, how did you show him how laughably easy it is? lol
IIRC we showed him rolling and how all of the combos were just mashing uair and then making a "read".

Onion10

Smash Rookie
Xyro, I need a good laugh and I want the accurate view you hold for project melee. Please tell me the story papa lesbian
I'll just leave this here:
Imagine playing Pichu/GW/Mewtwo in melee or Ivysaur/Ganon/Wolf in Brawl. These characters suck, right? So instead of sitting down and creating ways to get good with them or ways to reduce how bad they are perceived, you look for another option.......a lazy option. Instead of accepting that these characters suck and pushing forward/striving to be the best with that character and giving hope to fellow low tier mains, you look for another option.....a easy option. You end up choosing P(oisoned) M(elee). A garbage mod (not a game) made for babies by babies who cannot handle Brawl and Melee.

Little crybaby with poop in his diaper who lacks skill/dedication: "Mr President, Ivysaur sux and my mommy doesn't love me"
Obama: "LETS MOD IT"
*ivyusaur magically becomes much better in PM*

Low IQ new gen nerd who cant handle REAL games like Melee and Brawl: "Why is it that every time i go to McDs, ICs chain grab me?"
Steve Jobs: "LETS FUKCIN' MOD IT!!!!!"
*Magically ICs receive massive nerf in PM*

Melee Mewtwo fanboy who touches himself to naked mewtwo pics at 2am: "Why in the WORLD would Sakurommy put mewtwo in melee and have him be so bad?!?!!?!?!?!? Hes the most powerful pokeman!!!"
Mewtwo: "MOD ME, MISS HOTTIE"
*magically mewtow is one of the best in PM*

Creators of PM at the beginning of PMs life span: "This mod will not be the next Melee. It will be its own thing."
*looks at title of mod......"project MELEE"*
*jumps, holds diagonal direction and presses airdodge......wavedashes like MELEE*
*does aerial towards ground and presses L or R.......L-cancels like MELEE*
*See fox/falco and other characters have identical moveset to........MELEE*

Project Trash stands for laziness, entitlement and thus shuns hard work and commitment. Why work when you can mod? That should be the slogan on PM. Anyways, the elitism shown by its TOs and players is toxic (god i am sick of this accurate word) and the continual support for this game has help ruin brawl and soon smash 4 (when the smash 4 version on PM comes out). Besides all of that, Nintendo has literally asked Apex and other events (i assume CEO) to drop PM from their line-up if they want support because the game is causing cancerous growths on all who see/hear/smell/eat it.

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
Lmao PM hate right as I'm about to come in and mention that Kei$ and I as well as one other individual from the PM community are working on setting up a bi-weekly for both Melee and PM in south Houston(Pearland, to be exact). I only mention it because I saw interest in Melee tournaments, but if anyone is interested, I can PM you once we have exact dates and stuff set up.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Lmao PM hate right as I'm about to come in and mention that Kei$ and I as well as one other individual from the PM community are working on setting up a bi-weekly for both Melee and PM in south Houston(Pearland, to be exact). I only mention it because I saw interest in Melee tournaments, but if anyone is interested, I can PM you once we have exact dates and stuff set up.
Almost none of the Houston Melee or PM scene frequents this board, just FYI. Houston Melee or Houston PM on Facebook would be the way to go.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
^EVO ruleset hasn't been very accepted around here, but on that note...

Anyone have plans to attend the big Austin tournament next week?

Its EVO ruleset, but it appears SA is going and its not too far away at least. It does however appear to be 2 days for...no reason.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about going despite the ruleset but it being 2 days changes things

Teshie U

Smash Lord
yea kira, i dont know why they need 2 days to run a 128 man capped bracket for just 1 game. maybe their venue closes very early

Teshie U

Smash Lord
yea kira, i dont know why they need 2 days to run a 128 man capped bracket for just 1 game. maybe their venue closes very early

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fun tourney. Back to no play mode, best mode.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
1st Megafox
2nd Trela
3rd Flip
4th Grim
5th Espy/Samboner

Trela reset the bracket against Megafox though. Can't wait for the youtube videos.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Swordfighter is so silly. I'm glad Trela found his potential and proved that all the tier lists floating around are all a waste of time when the game is not even a year old yet. He feels like the Mario of sword users. Multihit aerials are truly OP in this game.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
1st Megafox
2nd Trela
3rd Flip
4th Grim
5th Espy/Samboner

Trela reset the bracket against Megafox though. Can't wait for the youtube videos.
7th? I know gnes, whispy, tippy, mbone etc. were there

Interesting that Megafox and Trela both finally lost a set with their characters (I've only see megafox drop sets with secondaries in the past few months).

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
7th? I know gnes, whispy, tippy, mbone etc. were there

Interesting that Megafox and Trela both finally lost a set with their characters (I've only see megafox drop sets with secondaries in the past few months).
7th Whispy and Mbohne

Past that idk. I'm just hearing this second hand from Krebs.

P.S. P4 got 1st at the Premier Challenge today out of 60. Real event starts tomorrow.

Top Bottom