• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Can we talk about how damn good ROB's uptilt is? I mean, I never use it in a battle, but it's even better at annoying my opponents than taunting lol. It's like a cute little robot celebration, I love it

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
It combos into itself and then into up air. It's fun.

Who was that ROB player at Norcal this weekend?
It was Virus, I found it.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm mad that up tilt doesn't hit on the sides like it used to. Would honestly be a godlike tilt.
Now Upsmash has that range on the sides. And it didn't in Brawl lol.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads!

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Sup Robot brethren, I always mained dk and secondaried rob, and I am now going to put more of a focus on rob now so you guys will prob see me around here more often.
so yeah....Hi :4rob:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sup Robot brethren, I always mained dk and secondaried rob, and I am now going to put more of a focus on rob now so you guys will prob see me around here more often.
so yeah....Hi :4rob:
love that avatar
ROB flex <3

welcome ([^_^]

These are great. Would love to see one with a gyro in the background.
How do you think these would look on a black T? Would ROB even show up?

Last edited:

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Wow...those silhouettes look amazing, Kevandre! Keep up the good work

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
love that avatar
ROB flex <3

welcome ([^_^]

These are great. Would love to see one with a gyro in the background.
How do you think these would look on a black T? Would ROB even show up?
I'm not sure. I know people have bought black shirts but they haven't sent me any pictures of those yet. The silhouette color isn't quite black so they may work well. The background sunbursts are straight up black though.

One day there will be a gyro sunburst, trust me!
Wow...those silhouettes look amazing, Kevandre! Keep up the good work
Thank you!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

I'm not sure. I know people have bought black shirts but they haven't sent me any pictures of those yet. The silhouette color isn't quite black so they may work well. The background sunbursts are straight up black though.

One day there will be a gyro sunburst, trust me!

Thank you!
Awesome, thx!

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
Hey guys I have been maining Kriby sice the game came out but I picked up rob and never looked back! So Hi ill be around here more:4rob:

LAIKA8

Smash Rookie
NNID
LAIKA8
[first post] Hello! I'm very new to the smashboards community and relatively new to smash! I feel like I played a lot of Smash 64 and Melee, but always at friends' places; I've never owned a smash game until Smash for Wii U (I'm such a noob that I thought Snake would be included when I bought Smash for Wii U). However, I'm looking to get competitive and I've decided that R.O.B. is my go-to guy, besides maybe Toon Link and Mega Man, in this game. I've watched some tech-heavy vids from the likes of Chibo, Mister Eric, OCEAN, etc. and gained quite a bit from them. I'm aware I'm still building up my skill, but hopefully I'll eventually (soon) compete in local tournys (Austin, Texas); I know UT and Dragon's Lair have competitive scenes. I'm used to mainly playing Samus, and still do at a decent level, but I want a character that's competitively viable. At this point I can beat most level 9 CPUs with R.O.B. without difficulty outside of Pit/Dark Pit, Palutena, and Rosalina, which take some patience. I'll try to get a video card so I can start posting videos. One love, all!

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Hi LAIKA8! Welcome to the boards.
Also, it's probably best to not train against CPUs. They give you bad habits, because they just read your inputs. It's fantastic that you can beat a level 9 though when you've only just picked up the game competitively.
Your best way to train is through getting matches with people on here (and asking for advice afterwards), or going on For Glory 1v1. Ignore your winrate for now, because getting beaten by good players is better for you than winning against scrubs.
Good luck, and have fun!

edit: yeah, actually the best way is to go to your local tourneys. you're lucky to have a decent local scene, at least you have one at all (there are hardly any in the uk lol)

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
[first post] Hello! I'm very new to the smashboards community and relatively new to smash! I feel like I played a lot of Smash 64 and Melee, but always at friends' places; I've never owned a smash game until Smash for Wii U (I'm such a noob that I thought Snake would be included when I bought Smash for Wii U). However, I'm looking to get competitive and I've decided that R.O.B. is my go-to guy, besides maybe Toon Link and Mega Man, in this game. I've watched some tech-heavy vids from the likes of Chibo, Mister Eric, OCEAN, etc. and gained quite a bit from them. I'm aware I'm still building up my skill, but hopefully I'll eventually (soon) compete in local tournys (Austin, Texas); I know UT and Dragon's Lair have competitive scenes. I'm used to mainly playing Samus, and still do at a decent level, but I want a character that's competitively viable. At this point I can beat most level 9 CPUs with R.O.B. without difficulty outside of Pit/Dark Pit, Palutena, and Rosalina, which take some patience. I'll try to get a video card so I can start posting videos. One love, all!
Welcome, beepo! ([^_^]
You're in a good location to get better I think.TX seems to have strong players in it.
And you should utilize wifi play as well. Especially Anther's ladder located at smashladder.com
I think you could meet a lot of ppl there to play. Also, would you be interested in joining our skype grp?

LAIKA8

Smash Rookie
NNID
LAIKA8
Hi LAIKA8! Welcome to the boards.
Also, it's probably best to not train against CPUs. They give you bad habits, because they just read your inputs. It's fantastic that you can beat a level 9 though when you've only just picked up the game competitively.
Your best way to train is through getting matches with people on here (and asking for advice afterwards), or going on For Glory 1v1. Ignore your winrate for now, because getting beaten by good players is better for you than winning against scrubs.
Good luck, and have fun!

edit: yeah, actually the best way is to go to your local tourneys. you're lucky to have a decent local scene, at least you have one at all (there are hardly any in the uk lol)
Yeah, I know training with CPUs is bad, but I hopped on For Glory right when I got the game and got whooped, so I figured I'd get familiar with R.O.B. fighting CPUs before I transition back to For Glory. I can't play today, but I plan on getting back into wifi play tomorrow afternoon.

Welcome, beepo! ([^_^]
You're in a good location to get better I think.TX seems to have strong players in it.
And you should utilize wifi play as well. Especially Anther's ladder located at smashladder.com
I think you could meet a lot of ppl there to play. Also, would you be interested in joining our skype grp?
Thanks for the heads up on the ladder; I'll check it out soon and try to jump into something. I've been a bit negligent of the other 'special interest' skype groups I'm in lately, so I'm not sure how often I'll be on, but my skype name is keithprosk if you want to throw me into the group.

Thanks for the great welcome to the boards everyone!

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Getting bopped by real people is how you get better, Learn how to benefit from losing is something every new player has to face. Try to stay away from CPU's they cause massive auto pilot mode in the future if you aren't careful.

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know training with CPUs is bad, but I hopped on For Glory right when I got the game and got whooped, so I figured I'd get familiar with R.O.B. fighting CPUs before I transition back to For Glory. I can't play today, but I plan on getting back into wifi play tomorrow afternoon.

CPUs, especially level 9 CPUs (they can read your inputs), are bound to make you develop bad habits. You may want to consider training your ROB, or any new characters for that matter, on For Fun 2v2s since there's always less pressure with no win rate involved and whatnot. Alternatively, and also the better option, you should play people from here since they can always give you some post-match criticism.

WilfreLOS

Smash Rookie
NNID
WilfreLOS
3DS FC
2165-6550-6845
I understand the basics of Rob, but are there any people who I could practice with? For Glory works okay, but I'm curious how Id fare against a Rob w/ a bit more depth in his/her gameplay.

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
This past friday I went to my local tournament for some ssb4 action, there was a good crowd of 20 people. Most of the people were fair to good players and I was the only R.O.B. in the bunch, and I was able to stomp through winners straight to GF and took the win 3-2! The best part is that everyone seemed surprised that I played R.O.B. So to all you that are playing this amazing character.....you can WIN!!! R.O.B. definitely has the skills to pay the bills!

Last edited:

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
This past friday I went to my local tournament for some ssb4 action, there was a good crowd of 20 people. Most of the people were fair to good players and I was the only R.O.B. in the bunch, and I was able to stomp through winners straight to GF and took the win 3-2! The best part is that everyone seemed surprised that I played R.O.B. So to all you that are playing this amazing character.....you can WIN!!! R.O.B. definitely has the skills to pay the bills!
Congratulations!

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Nice! I'm glad R.O.B. is getting the respect he deserves! :4rob:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I wish Nintendo just released patch notes, you hear so many different things from different people :/

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the knock back on his Up-throw is a bit weaker and is noticeable.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I would say it's significantly weaker than it was before, but if we have rage it alleviates the problem some.

It could very well be a placebo effect, but ROB's bair feels like it has less end lag and landing lag. Or maybe I'm just getting better at spacing his aerials.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, honestly I can see ROB being bumped up to A-tier sometime in the future. He's got, IMO, the best roll-punish in the game (side-B) and a pretty nice projectile game, superb recovery, easy time getting back onto the ground with fastfall nair, etc. etc.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Yeah the knock back on his Up-throw is a bit weaker and is noticeable.
A bit? It is much weaker and it is very obvious! I noticed there was something wrong within the first few matches.

I already lost an FG 1v1 match because of the nerf. Time ran out =(

This is a huge nerf to R.O.B. First the Infinite Burner, and now this.

LEAVE R.O.B. ALONE SAKURAI IF U JUST GONNA NERF !!!!!!!! Y U KEEP NERFING HIM !!!! WHERE R DA BUFFS !!!!

Last edited:

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
This is a huge nerf to R.O.B.
Er...I wouldn't exactly cry "huge nerf" over a single move getting a knockback reduction.

We've still got the Beep Bop, gyros, roll-punishing side-b, dtilt, etc. Can still easily kill with uair, gyro gimping, nair(at high percents).

Last edited:
Top Bottom