• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 40: The Ruby Anniversary! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!Read post #80 for a super gross/awesome story!!

Who is the greatest TO of all time?

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

*listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeI2e2cPVw&t=0m19s while viewing this thread*
As usual, i am making a results thread a day early so that i don't have to worry about doing it the night of/the day after the tournament. Hobo 40 was held at Texadelphia (bar/restaurant) in Houston Tx on May 11th, 2013. I really wanted to end the HOBO series on a nice big even number and since the number"40" fits those requirements, i am good to go. So yeah this is the final HOBO before WHOBO 5 which will be held in October of this year. After these 2 events, i am done with hosting events for Brawl. I will be back to host events for smash 4 but when it comes to Brawl, i gotta say bye bye.

Anyways, this HOBO will feature Metaknight legal regular 1vs1, 2vs2, low tier 2vs2 (tier list v7) and PM 1vs1/2vs2. Completing 5 events in 8 hours is something only a living LEGEND like Xyro can do. Worship me.

2vs2 (12 teams)

1: Gnes+Trela==:diddy:+:lucario:
2: Pwii+Pj==:metaknight:+:toonlink:
3: Dakpo+Denti==:zerosuitsamus:+:olimar:
4: Brawlman+Jnig==:sonic:+:wario:
5: Asa+Sync==:olimar:+:metaknight:
5: Illmatic+Esca==:peach:+:metaknight:
7: Rift6+YellowRello==:dedede:+:yoshi2:
7: 40k+axiom==:wario:+

9: Frey+Mike==:pikachu2:+????
9: RunCT+TOSM==:peach:+:ike:
9: 88k+Jidas==????+????
9: Whit+Minifox==????+:olimar:

1vs1 (42 entrants)

1: Pwii==:metaknight:
2: Denti==:olimar:
3: Gnes==:diddy:
4: Trela==:lucario:
5: Illmatic==:peach:
5: Pj==:toonlink:
7: Dakpo==:zerosuitsamus:
7: FlipHop==:diddy:
9: BC==:metaknight:
9: Brawlman==:sonic:
9: Asa==:olimar:
9: Jnig==:wario:
13: Blondie==

13: Leaf==:pikachu2:
13: Sync==:metaknight:/:snake:
13: YellowRellow==:yoshi2:
17: Reoz==

17: Whit==????
17: Silent==

17: Tesh==:sonic:
17: Axiom==

17: Zero==:sonic:
17: Tot==
/:popo:
17: Swaka==:fox:
25: Mike==????
25: Jidas==????
25: TOSM==:ike:
25: ALSM==:link2:
25: Howl==????
25: Noh==

25: TVBlaze==????
25: RunCT==:peach:
33: Light==????
33: Rift6==:dedede:
33: Frey==:pikachu2:
33: Since==:diddy:
33: Dr.D==????
33: MiniFox==:olimar:
33: 40k==:wario:
33: Loko==????
49: IkeBoy==:ike:
49: Gato==

Low tier 2vs2 [tier list v7] (9 teams)

1: Illmatic+Xyro==
+:samus2:
2: Pwii+Gnes==
+
/

3: Dakpo+ALSM==
+:link2:
4: BrawlMan+TOSM==
+:link2:
5: Axiom+40k==:falcon:+:falcon:
5: Silent+tesh==
+:ganondorf:
7: Rift6+YellowRello==????+????
7: Blondie+Loko==
+

9: MiniFox+IkeBoy==????+????

P:M 1vs1

1. Oracle :rob: :charizard:
2. Dakpo :gw:
3. Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink:
4. Blondie

5. Aerolink the Soulmaster :sheik:
5. Kamikaze :dk2:
7. Denti :lucario: :ganondorf:
7. G-Rabbit :toonlink:
9. Fliphop :jigglypuff: :fox:
9. Loko :wario:?
9. Since
9. The Foolish Philosopher :sheik:
13: 40K :ganondorf:

P:M 2vs2
1. Strawhat :falcon: and Oracle :rob: :charizard:
2. Dakpo :gw: and Denti :lucario:
3. Blondie
and G-Rabbit :toonlink:

4. ALSM :sheik: and Gnes :falcon:
5. 40K and Loko
5. Foolish Philosopher and Golden Edge

OTHER

1. HOBO 40 discussion thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/road...-anniversary-may-11th-2013-houston-tx.335093/

2. Twitter updates: https://twitter.com/HOBO_HERO

Xyro77

LAST MINUTE INFO/REMINDERS TO THOSE GOING TO HOBO 40

1. Please be at the venue between 11-11:30am for sign-ups and warm ups. I will start between 12-12:30 and i will not allow friendlies during that time unless we are ahead of scheduled. If i catch you doing friendlies i auto DQ you from all events you have entered. Dont like it? DEAL WITH IT!

2. I am running 5 events tomorrow. Regular 1vs1/2vs2, Low tier 2vs2 and P:M 1vs1/P:M 2vs2. If we are falling behind and may not make it out of the venue by midnight, i will cancel side events. If that little tid bit of info scares you, please read #3 (below).

3. Please bring a full set-up. Wii/ssbb/tv. If you absolutely cannot bring all 3 items, please at least bring a wii/ssbb. No matter how good of a TO i am (and trust me, im down right GODLY) i cannot make a 50 man event finish on time with 4 set-ups. Set-ups determine the speed of ANY event. If you bring more set-ups, we finish earlier and/or get ahead of schedule and ill allow friendlies.

4. Though not required, if anybody can bring $5 bills and $1 bills, you will be shot straight up to the front of the line when it comes to signing up/entering events. I will need change badly due to that one ASS HOLE who gives me a 100$ bill.

5. If you need a partner for any event, please talk to me. I can help you find others who are in the same boat.

6. If you get lost, are going to be late, leave for food during the event or simply wanna talk to me about how you still wet your bed at night, im just a short toll free phone call away at 409 692 0697.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts to rare items I will get in MH.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Guys, this is the last HOBO ever guys. No really guys, it is for real this time! See! The number is 40 which means any more will mess up such a nice number guys! Super seriously, Xyro won't come back to host again guys!

Tesh

Smash Hero
funny how you say that without even a screenshot from smash 4, you have no idea when its coming out

Smoom77

Smash Master
oh darn i just realized taht hobo was today, i wish i didn't miss it but i hope it is all good!

Oracle

Smash Master
PROJECT M RESULTS

1. Oracle :rob: :charizard: ($40.00)
2. Dakpo :gw: ($20.00)
3. Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink: ($5.00)
4. Blondie :zelda:
5. Aerolink the Soulmaster :shiek:
5. Kamikaze :dk:
7. Denti :lucario: :ganon:
7. G-Rabbit :toonlink:
9. Fliphop :puff: :fox:
9. Loko :wario:?
9. Since
9. The Foolish Philosopher :shiek:
13: 40K :ganon:

1. Strawhat :falcon: and Oracle :rob: :charizard: ($42.00)
2. Dakpo :gnw: and Denti :lucario: ($18.00)
3. Blondie :zelda: and G-Rabbit :toonlink:
4. ALSM :shiek: and Gnes :falcon:
5. 40K and Loko
5. Foolish Philosopher and Golden Edge

Xyro77

FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Some initial shoutouts go to:

Denti for plowing through GNES and TRELA and ILLMATIC. Technically, Pwii is NJ so in a way Denti beat Houston on their own turf.

Illmatic for being a bad ass low tier teams partner. Your mario is pretty damn tasty.

Gnes for ALWAYS supporting my events even though you hate brawl.

All the OOS/OOC players who keep showing up to my HOBOs. My attendance would be horrible had it not been for you guys. Thank you.

Trela for allowing me to beat up on you a few times.

RT for being the behind the scenes TO/human calculator.

edit 1: WTF why did no one use lucas in low tier? V7 has him legal. No way mario>lucas.

edit 2: PLEASE help me get characters to name right on the results. if i missed you or put down the wrong chracter, PLEASE correct me.

edit 3: Ill do more/full shoutouts tomorrow. its 3am here and i am mega tired. thanks again for coming to HOBO 40 and i hope you had fun.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good games to everybody! Always a pleasure to face whoever I get a chance to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Xyro, why do you never post the bracket? You haven't done it with the results of Hobo 39 either. Brackets are the most interesting thing about results!

:059:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
shoutouts to the homie neskamikaze for placing 5th!!

and i guess you did alright too cary

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Wow sorry to be that triple post guy, but jidas was march, loko was wolf, Mike was toonlink, Gato was toonlink, 88k, was Ike, and whit was yoshi.

Adhoctor

Smash Rookie
This is axiom. Xyro, next time we play, I'm going to 3-stock your Samus as Captain Falcon with Attack and C-Stick disabled. You're going down. Pain is temporary. GLORY IS ETERNAL.

Xyro77

1. It's impossible to know who EVERYONE used when I didn't play or know these players.

2. I RARELY post brackets because every time I do they are super small or very blurry. I've asked for help and no one helps me (Vinnie tried but it didn't work) so I gave up.

3. F you!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Hobo 40 Champions!:grin:

(Pwii Brawl Singles Champion)

(Gnes and Trela Brawl Doubles Champions) *Trela is here* (in spirit)

(Oracle Project M Singles Champion)

(Oracle and Strawhat Project M Doubles Champions)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Xyro if you save the bracket with TiO PRO(bracket view of the file>options>save bracket image) then upload it to imgur it should come out fine

What was the score for Denti vs pwii

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Pwii vs. Denti was 3-0 Pwii's favor. :urgh:

Lmao at no Trela in the doubles pic. He must be there in spirit.

Disappointed in Low Tier doubles, didn't feel like trying in Brawl singles (why did I enter?), didn't have a partner for Brawl Doubles, did alright in Project M singles, and it was fun teaming with Gnes in Project M doubles even though we didn't do so hot.

I had fun overall. Full shoutouts later.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say that for a first tournament, this was amazing.
Every single person I played or interacted with was kind, nice, and helpful.
Just from watching other people, nobody was a sore loser or even took any criticism personally.
In that same vein, all of you had great advice and I'm going to get a lot better for next time.
Watch out for me at WHOBO, I'm coming back to revenge match all of you people that beat me in P:M.

Top Bottom