• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 39
* to enhance your reading experience, listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75T4cImx5Y while viewing the thread *​

Yea yea I know i told everybody that WHOBO 4/HOBO 38 was my last event, but certain people/situations in Houston pushed me to come back and start a Texas Circuit. The people put up the signal and called my name. The LEGENDARY Xyro cannot ignore them anymore so he has RETURNED yet again to save this wretched city. So yea this is the first of 6 LSC events and if this one does well we will continue on and finish the circuit. But if this one SUCKS, then ill go back into retirement and watch this game/scene burn from the comfort of my bat cave while drinking a chocolate milkshake.

Anyways, This event will be held at Texadelphia in Houston Tx on march 9th. Singles/doubles will be the only event. Please bring full setups (wii/tv/ssbb) so this thing can finish on time. Oh and if it wasn't clear, i am doing this to get Houston/Tx back on track so PLEASE support me. Whether you are crazy about brawl or not interested at all, please give this a go for ME (ill return the favor by doing sexually naughty things to you).

Venue: Texadelphia

Date: March 9th, 2013. Its a Saturday. Be there BY 11am. I start at 11:30am.

Address/Location:

Texadelphia
6025 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 785-6700

Here is the address's website http://www.texadelphia.com/find-a-location/houston/12 Oh and the venue will be offering 100$ worth of free appetizers and drinks for all of the tournament players to try. Chicken strips / Queso+salsa+chips / Cheese quesadillas / hot wings / water/ sprite / coke / dr.pepper / lemonade. I have tried ALL of these at the venue a few days ago and its pretty damn good.

if you have any questions, call/text me. 409-692-0697

Events/Fees:

Venue fee=10$ (2$ of it is LSC fee)

Regular 1vs1=10$

Regular 2vs2=20$ (10$ per person)

Mid+Low Tier 2vs2=10$ (5$ per person) NO MR. GW! HE IS BROKEN IN TEAMS!!

P:M 1vs1=5$

P:M 2vs2=10$ (5$ per person) if time permits

__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread! In general, Sync is pretty much the only one who houses but he usually houses about 30 people.

Sync=(713)-201-8338

__________________________________________________ ___

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament so please help me out with this.

__________________________________________________ _____

PAYOUT

1vs1 payout for 49 players or less:
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

1vs1 payout for 50 players or more:
1st=44%
2nd=22%
3rd=16%
4th=10%
5th=6%
5th=6%
7th=3%
7th=3%

Payout for 2vs2
1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th(x2)=2.5%

RULES

See the main Lone Star Circuit thread for rules.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15164916
Edit: IDC is banned

For P:M, see this thread for rules: http://smashboards.com/threads/334145/

Live stream/Twitter:
http://twitter.com/HOBO_HERO

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fascinating...

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Going .
Golden Sun rules.
DUDE YES. Garet was my favorite character.

I'm only gonna go if you promise me this really is the last hobo.

The championships is the final HOBO regardless of how well this circuit goes. it felt odd ending hobo on a 38. HOBO 40 sounds better to end on, you know?

Maybe going just to help support LSC2 and take notes on Xyro TO'ing.

It's not likely but we'll see. I'll def do my best to make the championships.

hey jerk face im going to tyler no matter what so you could at least have the audacity to come to my HOBOs.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I don't have a license or a car though :(((

The maybe is because I have to convince my parents and find a ride before I confirm.

I'll try!
Hobo 40 tho. I'll do everything in my power for it for sure.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
well... since the dates are so conveniently posted well in advance, I suppose I should be able to attend every single one of these so long as there's housing for at least 1 day :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh yea definitely gonna attend all of this. I see it says schedule is subject to change so please let us know as soon as each date is finalized eh?

Tesh

Smash Hero
^unfortunately i don't think tyler has a megabus stop.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Yeah megabus isn't out here, we only have like greyhound lol. Let's make Rave go to all of the events with us. I need my static buddy to rep tyler in dubs. :(

He's has reliable transportation.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Just want to let everyone know that if this circuit does well me and xyro discussed doing Whobo 5 next year which is what everybody has been wanting. The only way we would do it if everyone supports the circuit which will let us know how serious everyone is about the tournaments/scene and if its worth doing. I told xyro I will do my best to help promote this event and step outside the box to get new players to show up. Here is the Hobo 39 facebook rsvp link: http://www.facebook.com/events/138683459622108 so only rsvp if your 100% going. Share this on your friends walls and forums to help us promote this. This event is very important because it is the make or break event so its up to everyone to make it a success. That said I will see you smash playa's soon!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just want to let everyone know that if this circuit does well me and xyro discussed doing Whobo 5 next year which is what everybody has been wanting. The only way we would do it if everyone supports the circuit which will let us know how serious everyone is about the tournaments/scene and if its worth doing. I told xyro I will do my best to help promote this event and step outside the box to get new players to show up. Here is the Hobo 39 facebook rsvp link: http://www.facebook.com/events/138683459622108 so only rsvp if your 100% going. Share this on your friends walls and forums to help us promote this. This event is very important because it is the make or break event so its up to everyone to make it a success. That said I will see you smash playa's soon!
Perhaps this isn't the place to ask, but why not just make the LSC championship WHOBO 5? I'm not sure if any amount of success would make sure people come back NEXT YEAR.

Solid Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
goten77
WOULD any1 around

Austin

elgin

taylor

bastrop

hutto .... etc

like to carpool to this?

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Psy, I don't have a car atm. But by the time this event rolls around I might have one. But crap man, I'm gonna have my hands full all spring. Got brawl, like 2-3 ygo regionals, my anniversary, and a ycs to attend. My wallet is crying.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
If I have a car, the money, and the day off work, I'm sure we can put together a carpool. Houston is only like a 4 hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom