• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned!!!!! (FULL RESULTS and PICS on first page)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, we know you like melee more then brawl.

Why are you posting about it? No one cares. I also like melee more then brawl. No one cares.

You really think 100's of people travel hours and pay money for tournaments for a game they don't enjoy playing? Most of them don't have a good chance at making money and they know it. If it was about the money they tournaments would only have like 10 entrants because people wouldn't waste their money.

Your posts don't have any point KM you're just insinuating arguments for absolutely no reason.

Edit: Esca I'll take a $25 MM with you in melee :p. You can pick my character.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I wanna Fox ditto someone in Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl... it sounds fun...
I enjoyed Fox in Brawl..... until people learned to Smash DI out of his dair to uptilt.

Does Brawl Fox have anything else worth using? Since that was the only BnB I liked about him.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I thought 21 entrants for melee at this event was alottttt. If this wasnt held, most of those would have went to FS7.

Melee Results from what I remember:

1. Lee Martin (fox/marth)
2. Sybawave (fox/marth/falcon)
3. Dojo (falco)
4. UTD Zac (peach/LUIGIIII)
5. Nike (marth)
5. Cloud (falco/sheik/ice climbers)
7. tsc (falcon)

I lost to Sybawave 1st round and then I get effing Hylian in the first round of Losers D:

And I recorded losers finals and grand finals. They'll be up tmrwish.

Now for Brawl

SA got wrecked at this event. We really aren't even close to being as good as Texas (Espy and KPrime are exceptions). Since none of us made the bracket, JUJ wanted to go home early. So im sorry I couldnt stay during the bracket and record buttloads of tourny matches :[[[[[

I'll do shoutouts in a little bit.

Bizmal

Smash Rookie
I think that a big problem people have with not liking one game or the other is that they over think it. Most things are pretty boring if you think about it, *example* pokemon most people spend hours upon hours playing that game and if you think about it hard it's just running until you find a pokemon then one shot it and you do that almost the whole time. It's still fun because you don't think.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
KM, I do not care about attendance or the money. I like winning money for personal use but I still went to tourneys when I placed 17th and 13th and slowly worked my way up. I find this game fun but I like the community a lot more which is a main reason I go. Brawl isn't a business. Its only a business if you want it to be.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
****, it I was tricked into watching Llama Llama Duck!!!

**** you RAZER!!!!!

Lol, jk and apparently there is no love for smash 64.

defsithe

Smash Ace
:stuff:
Your posts don't have any point KM you're just insinuating arguments for absolutely no reason.
im gonna assume u meant instigating?? it just a little confusing lol.
anyway

i think the problem here is alan being a d-bag. there is no reason for him to say "melee is dead. the results are in the trash. ROFL" could have just said oh i dont have the melee results dugfin did them, or whatever. andposting melee is dead in every freaking thread he visits also no need for that.

if he doesnt want all this arguing in his thread, then he shouldnt be the one starting **** with little dumb comments as such.

anyways good stuff to the valley guys who did well and what not.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, Razer ALWAYS posts links to weird stuff. NEVER talk to him on AIM. It's gross.

And he's only 10! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH HIM???!!!??!!11!!?

Maybe it's his sick and perverted mind that makes him so good.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Dude, Razer ALWAYS posts links to weird stuff. NEVER talk to him on AIM. It's gross.

And he's only 10! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH HIM???!!!??!!11!!?

Maybe it's his sick and perverted mind that makes him so good.
here's my very first conversation with him on aim that took place a few hours ago.

kldtjiog: i love you
UltimateRazer713: p4?!
kldtjiog: yes
UltimateRazer713: whats up man?!
kldtjiog: just chillin you?
UltimateRazer713: watching a duck explode

WHY IS HE WATCHING A DUCK EXPLODE?!!!!11!!??!

Zori

Smash Champion
1: UltimateRazer (snake) good job youngyin

2: Gnes (diddy) we got this :]

4: Fliphop (diddy) hope i made your last tourney enjoyable wish i didn't let you down :(

5: mikeHaze GBD (marth) :]

17: Infinity (wario/kirby/diddy) do you see what i see LOL

25: Xyro (samus) thanks for hosting

25: Bored (ike) good to see some wifi players stepping it up

33: Light (shiek/rob) GG'S :]

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
KM, I do not care about attendance or the money. I like winning money for personal use but I still went to tourneys when I placed 17th and 13th and slowly worked my way up. I find this game fun but I like the community a lot more which is a main reason I go. Brawl isn't a business. Its only a business if you want it to be.
I'm always getting misinterpreted. Let me use an example: DMG plays Brawl, and used to play Melee. Whenever we chat about both games, he says that despite being famous for running the clock, he feels he has to but doesn't want to. He misses Melee because it isn't as campy, which most players can attest to.

Only thing I'm trying to preach is don't play Brawl just because it's popular or it's current or any other superficial reason. You should play Brawl if you ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS. But if you would rather be playing Melee, go play Melee instead. Both communities will thank you for it.

The community IS fun, and I'm glad people can enjoy it whether they're good enough to make money or never do well in tournaments. But if you'd rather being playing a different game, go play it. Don't force yourself to like it which many players seem to do.

He has blaster, shine, good areals, and is fast. What more could you want from Fox?
What good is dair when it doesn't combo at all anymore? And only a few characters in Brawl have bad enough recovery to be vunerable to shine spike. Blaster is terrible in this game, it leaves you too open to be worth the dmg it does. At least his upsmash and upair still kill at decent percents.

Bizmal

Smash Rookie
I find that playing melee when I know I won't win is less fun then brawl when I know I won't win.

Esca

Smash Champion
What does combo KM? Pit has no moves that combo. Fox just requires thinking skill. Maybe you are beeter in Melee. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
What does combo KM? Pit has no moves that combo. Fox just requires thinking skill. Maybe you are beeter in Melee. :)
I'm not technical enough to play Fox in Melee (or never gave spacies the time.... not sure). So I'll pick him usually in Brawl or Brawl+ because I can get away with playing him.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Dude, Razer and I ALWAYS posts links to weird stuff. NEVER talk to either of us on AIM. It's gross and I'll try to **** you.

I want him to come to my murderhouse but, he thinks I am too old. I'm only 40! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH HIM???!!!??!!11!!?

Maybe it's the sick and perverted things that I've done to him that makes him so good.
WTF RT??? You really are a pedophile......

I was just joking when I called you that......

Dude, what is wrong with you?

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
I had alot of fun this weekend. Good matches to everyone I played.:)

Just want to thank Dugfinn for the awesome housing. Metaknight and Game and Watch are awesome! (the chickens......)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I had alot of fun this weekend. Good matches to everyone I played.:)

Just want to thank Dugfinn for the awesome housing. Metaknight and Game and Watch are awesome! (the chickens......)
Thanks for showin up. I didnt see you on the results, why didnt you enteR?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
good thing your not worth the dirt you walk on or else i might actually argue with you. lol

to KRD: thanks pal, ill add the info on the fornt page.
Look at the bottom of the first page you said using Meta Knight means you steal wins. And pro-ban scum mindgames don't work on me fool.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
I'm not technical enough to play Fox in Melee (or never gave spacies the time.... not sure). So I'll pick him usually in Brawl or Brawl+ because I can get away with playing him.
in no response to this particular quote KM, just getting your attention...

I can't but feel Brawl as a business also. And your comparison to Halo is right on.

Halo 2 was the balls. Halo 3 is (like Brawl) a camp fest. It just sucks. I got left behind in that game and just hated how it played. Slower, less DI (LAWL) etc. Also, its just terrible, its not about the community. Everyone wants to be "pro" now.

MLG has changed drastically since Melee was on the circuit. Can you imagine Dojo, M2K, Razer, Infin, NinjaLink, MikeHaze, NEO, Ally, and all the other top players of this game not attending local tournies like this one because of pro contracts? Everything would suffer. I see Brawl heading the same direction and I DREAD MLG picking it up. No friendlies, no MM, no nothing. Warm up time and tourney matches, thats it. BUSINESS. Not community.

My point is that I'm sympathetic to Melee also. While I never hosted a Melee tourney and was mainly TO Halo events, I am thinking of changing most of my events in the RGV to just Melee and other things, no Brawl. As much as I sucked at the game I do enjoy it more than Brawl.

I feel like Ozz said earlier in this thread, I am just not having fun with this game.

But whatever, I watched the whole stream and laughed and cherred. This tourney was epic and nice, but I am pro-mk.

/nobody rant, peace.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Smash Champ.

Were you even in the Melee tournament? What did you place?

Here, I have a proposition.

I'm trash at Brawl. Most can agree with this. Now, I didn't even play Melee. I bet $25 dollars that I can pick up Melee from now and the next tournament, and 2 stock you.

So lets put that on the line.

My Falco or Doc vs your whatever $25. If I win, you leave the ****ing Brawl community alone, because nobody wants to hear that ****. And if you win, you get $50.

Sound like a deal, you ****ing ******?
Ok.... sure lets do that lolz.:)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Xyro, I used Diddy in one match against Dojo and lost. DDD, however, is needed. I used him several times and won with him. Thanks for the great tourney, super fun like always. Shoutouts later!

There are already plenty of threads for Melee vs Brawl and MK bans. Go there if you really want to discuss it.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

I can't but feel Brawl as a business also. And your comparison to Halo is right on.

Halo 2 was the balls. Halo 3 is (like Brawl) a camp fest. It just sucks. I got left behind in that game and just hated how it played. Slower, less DI (LAWL) etc. Also, its just terrible, its not about the community. Everyone wants to be "pro" now.

MLG has changed drastically since Melee was on the circuit. Can you imagine Dojo, M2K, Razer, Infin, NinjaLink, MikeHaze, NEO, Ally, and all the other top players of this game not attending local tournies like this one because of pro contracts? Everything would suffer. I see Brawl heading the same direction and I DREAD MLG picking it up. No friendlies, no MM, no nothing. Warm up time and tourney matches, thats it. BUSINESS. Not community.

My point is that I'm sympathetic to Melee also. While I never hosted a Melee tourney and was mainly TO Halo events, I am thinking of changing most of my events in the RGV to just Melee and other things, no Brawl. As much as I sucked at the game I do enjoy it more than Brawl.

I feel like Ozz said earlier in this thread, I am just not having fun with this game.

But whatever, I watched the whole stream and laughed and cherred. This tourney was epic and nice, but I am pro-mk.

/nobody rant, peace.
If I didn't have a contract, I would still try to go to MLG because that seems to be like the ultimate experience and I would still go to local tourneys. I'm sure EVERYONE tried to go to melee MLG events even if there was a local even near them. MLG...is like playing in the NFL or NBA.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
If I didn't have a contract, I would still try to go to MLG because that seems to be like the ultimate experience and I would still go to local tourneys. I'm sure EVERYONE tried to go to melee MLG events even if there was a local even near them. MLG...is like playing in the NFL or NBA.
could you resist $250,000 all expenses paid over three years? :x it would be tough for me XD Like I said, MLG is not the same as it was back when melee was there, Ken and friends still went to locals. OGRE(s)2s can't, neither can the top players with status. You are a top player O_o

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

/nobody rant, peace.
Thank you for understanding my point of view instead of ignoring it, misunderstanding it or belittling me.

Actually all FPS always felt like everyone and their mom wanted to be pro at it >.> But that's just how I feel, especially after my friends were sucked into Call of Duty 4 when it was king of the world. I do like me some Gears of War, but it's so **** glitchy, and lamers exploit these obviously ******** glitches.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will infract all brawl vs melee posts after this. This is a results thread, stop cluttering it up.

Stay on topic.

Top Bottom