• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"He's a Bruiser and You New Best Pal!" Dragonite for SSB4!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Before Garchomp, before Salamance... there was this beast.

This Pocket Monster was a legend(pseudo) in its own right. It was said to be only a myth. A fairy tale. Only the most worthy of trainers could be deserving of taming this beast.

Dragonite(Kairyu) can do many things, which can prove to be very helpful in Super Smash Bros.

Standard B: Dragonbreath: Unleashes a harsh breath of plasma that may stun the enemy.
Forward B: Aqua Tail: It tail whips the for with the force of a wave.
Upward B: Dragon Rush: It tackles the target while exhibiting overwhelming menace.
Downward B: Twister: Whips up a vicious tornado to tear at the opposing team

Final Smash: Outrage: It becomes enraged, and attacks(and destroys) everything in its path. You do NOT want to see an angry Dragonite.

So, what do you think? I also ahave ideas for Waddle Doo, Blood Falcon, #386 Deoxys, and 3 of Kirby's Abilities. Hopefully, someone didn't think of making threads for the characters before me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
wouldn't mind seeing him. but that's the problem for the Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters, there are a lot of them and most of them have potential for being Smash Bros. fighters.

we probably won't be seeing him, unless as a Pokéball, but it's not impossible to have him as playable.

like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a playable character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah like Frostwraith said. There are a lot of Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters I would love to see playable, but it's just not likely. =/

Dragonite is cool though.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't want a big Barney look a like. I would rather have this Pokemon playable.

I've always preferred Dragonair over Dragonite and even after 10+ years, I'm still salty that she didn't get an evolution that stayed a serpent.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't want a big Barney lookalike. I would rather have this Pokemon playable.

I've always preferred Dragonair over Dragonite and even after 10+ years, I'm still salty that she didn't get an evolution that stayed a serpent.
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
-_-¡ ...... cant we just keep charizard?

(large crowd of pokemon fans throw tomato's at me while yelling boo)

:phone:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I would like to see more reps from pokemon that aren't part of the first generation. I have actually considered Dragonite before, but Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the Pokemon Trainers 3, are all first gen. The newer gens have much to offer too! Whatabout Blaziken? Remember Weavile? Infernape? And there's a plethora of new candidates in black and white.
Maybe a Dragonite skin for Charizard?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wait Charizard isn't a dragon type!?! ( goes to bulbapedia ) Whoah yer right. It's a fire/flying type. Dragon types do have a larger variety of moves, being able to use pretty much anything.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
Wait Charizard isn't a dragon type!?! ( goes to bulbapedia ) Whoah yer right. It's a fire/flying type. Dragon types do have a larger variety of moves, being able to use pretty much anything.
The Original Poster's title and content is based off this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80 <-- warning, explicit content.

Turns out: Charizard and Gyrados aren't dragon types.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember the dragonite I used in gen 1. He had such a horrible moveset.

However, I learned A LOT about pokemon competitive battling from him and my team.

1) Type coverage. I was one of those people that stuck mostly to the type of the pokemon. At first. After a few competitive battles, I learned that doesn't fly. Also, watch out for their weaknesses.
2) Hit %. Thunder may deal a lot of damage, but that means crap if it's missing all the time. Thunderbolt was more useful in some situations. (An example)
3) Earthquake rocks. Seriously. It LOOKS like it's dealing damage and has good type coverage. I always feel good when using earthquake.
4) Moves that take 2 turns can really suck, since the opponent knows what's coming.
...and more of course. But that was a long time ago. I can't remember much more. These few were from very distinct happenings

Except for Dragonite and Blastoise, my team were pretty much all OU tier.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Dragonair's pro compared to Dragonite.

-It's weakness pool is significantly smaller since it is not part flying type.
-Move pool just as good as Dragonites only missing out on flying moves and moves that involve limbs.
-Is able to fit in many nooks and crannies which Dragonite or even Salamance can't.
-She's beautiful X3

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice

dragonair's pro compared to dragonite.

-it's weakness pool is significantly smaller since it is not part flying type.
-move pool just as good as dragonites only missing out on flying moves and moves that involve limbs.
-is able to fit in many nooks and crannies which dragonite or even salamance can't.
-she's beautiful x3
not. Fully. Realized. Dragon.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure only absolute Pokemon fanatics would even know something like Salamance even exists; Dragonite recurs as THE go-to Dragon type for nearly any 90's kid, and would get more recognition beyond "Oh, I guess that thing's a new pokemon??"

Wrapping all day son.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I'm surprise how hate Kairyu gets here. He may look goofy to some, but one would argue that it's one of his main appeals. Not all dragons have to be intimidating. I mean look at Yoshi.

Yeah, Dragonair(Japanese Name, Please?) looks more majestic and graceful, but let's be honest, people. She's not gonna going to do much without arms.

Dragonite proves that looks can be deceiving and just because he's cuddly, doesn't mean he's dangerous. Lagomorphs and Dolphins prove that. And this is going by the fact that Dragonite is the nicest and most friendly of the Final Dragons... and Tyranitar. So, I wouldn't badmouth No. 149 if I were you lot.

Also, can someone change the title to "He's a Bruiser and Your New Best Buddy In One! Dragonite for SSB4!" now that I have found out that is was a misquote? Please? I don't want misquotes./

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprise how hate Kairyu gets here. He may look goofy to some, but one would argue that it's one of his main appeals. Not all dragons have to be intimidating. I mean look at Yoshi.

Yeah, Dragonair(Japanese Name, Please?) looks more majestic and graceful, but let's be honest, people. She's not gonna going to do much without arms.

Dragonite proves that looks can be deceiving and just because he's cuddly, doesn't mean he's dangerous. Lagomorphs and Dolphins prove that. And this is going by the fact that Dragonite is the nicest and most friendly of the Final Dragons... and Tyranitar. So, I wouldn't badmouth No. 149 if I were you lot.

Also, can someone change the title to "He's a Bruiser and Your New Best Buddy In One! Dragonite for SSB4!" now that I have found out that is was a misquote? Please? I don't want misquotes./
Not to mention, I hardly qualify anything cute when in the Anime he's depicted to be the size of a light house.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Ok, so Dragonair has a few tricks up her sleeves arms limbs.. **** it!
Dragonair has some abilities to make her viable in a Smash Brothers game.

Check them out below:

The Dragonite discussion thread being invaded shared with:

Dragonair Discussion

Jab: Small jolt of energy shoots from her horn. (This acts just like Ganon’s jab)

Jump: A standard double Jump and a jumps and a glide

[COLLAPSE="“BUT DRAGONAIR HAS NO WINGS! SHE CAN’T FLY!!!”"]

"Dragonair, a Dragon Pokémon. A legendary Pokémon that can make rain or snow fall at its will. It can even fly without wings."
-Ash's Pokedex [/COLLAPSE]

Crouch: Coils tightly with her head lowered to the ground.
Crawl: (Very slow slither but is as low as Snake was in Brawl)

Tilts:

Ftilt: swings her tail forward (exactly how Charizard’s fair was)
Dtilt: A small spark of ice appears from her horn. This move has fast cool down and has a small chance of freezing opponent at higher percent to avoid wall locks.
Utilt: Quickly arches her body up and hits you with her back.

Dash: Aqua Jet* (Dives forward with a splashing wave in front of her)

Tilts

Nair: Twister*(curls her body into a full circle and spins around creating a small tornado around her)
Uair: Flips back with her tail hitting the opponent. (Just like Pikachu's uair)
Bair: Quick flip behind where her tail hits you. (knock back similar to Ivysaur’s)
Fair: Thunder Wave *her horn shoots a small electric sphere from her for spacing purposes. (similar to Ness)

Grab

Wrap (obvious)
Pummel: Constrict (squeezes the opponent)

Throws:

Forward: (Spins once and releases the enemy into a toss)
Back: (Tosses them over her head before turning in the direction)
Down: (Slams them against the ground head first)
Up: (Launches them straight over her head)

Smashes

FSmash: Dragon Rush* (Lowers her head before throwing herself forward a short distance. (Little more distance than Wario’s F Smash)
USmash: Her horn glows icy blue as she then scoops her head up and does multiple hits to whoever she has above her head. (basically an controlled ice beam)
DSmash: Dragon tail (slams the ground with her tail. Similar to the Down Smash from P:M’s Wario or Brawl’s Charizard)

Specials:

Neutral: Dragon Pulse (keeping tradition)
Up: (Agility) Straightens her body and shoots out in a direction.
Side: Dragon Breath (Shoots out a short burst of aqua green fire. This ability has high knock back. The damage is low but never becomes stale.)
Down: Dragon Dance (Sways back and forth for a short amount of time giving her more knock back and power on her next Smash attack)

Final Smash:
Draco Meteor (Dragonair’s ultimate ability in Pokemon so I felt this was fair for her to have in this game. Summons a meteor shower that will do damage overtime, (like the rain in Wario Ware) Dragonair also receives movement speed and knock back on all her attacks for the period of time.

Strength: 7/10
Weight: 4/10
Speed: 8/10
Aerial Mobility: 3/10
[COLLAPSE="Additional Notes"]
*I can't see her being very fast in the air so don't expect her to be as floaty as Wario, Puff or Yoshi. But I see her being as fast as C.Falcon and Fox
*Aerials were the toughest to come up with ideas with while still being true to her movepool
*Dragonair > Dragonite so jump on the bandwagon! :p[/COLLAPSE]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ash's pokedex doesn't know what it's talking about.

Only if it's in the games is it canon

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
For the record, Dragonite doesn't exactly have that many weaknesses.... only ice and rock.

D

Deleted member

That Dragonair moveset is astounding and it supports my theory that even a snakelike creature with no arms can work as a playable character and wouldn't be "limited" in any way.

Need to grab an item? Use the tail.
Need to grab an opponent? Wrap the body around them.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Thanks bruh! ^_^ Doesn't Draco Meteor sound amazing?

And regarding items, she could easily grab them with her mouth as well. Like how other Pokemon have done before. Using her tail just seems to fit her personality more.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Thanks bruh! ^_^ Doesn't Draco Meteor sound amazing?

And regarding items, she could easily grab them with her mouth as well. Like how other Pokemon have done before. Using her tail just seems to fit her personality more.
She has a Mouth? ...oh! Kinda small for one, but eh.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yes. It is even in that game. I just took what I found on Bulbapedia. Either way it proves that she able to get airborne by herself.

Dragonair will not be bested in this discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom