• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HermitHelmet With Mii Swordfighter Tech

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Mii Swordfighter is often lamented as not only being the worst Mii of the three, but even one of the worst characters in Smash 4. However there is more to this character than meet the eye as under the surface lurk some advanced techniques. HermitHelmet on his Youtube channel has shown off a few of these secrets. The first of these cool tricks is the fact that Mii Swordfighter can be invincible during battle using his Shuriken of Light. Watch the video to see how it can even save him from Ganondorf's Warlock Punch.

There are also some interesting techniques that be used with his up special move Hero's Spin. It was buffed in damage output during the most recent balanced patch, and it's not only a solid out of shield option, but can be used to creatively grab the ledge, to die offstage in a hilarious fashion, or for this newly discovered technique Boost Spinning.

Hopefully this convinces some players to try out this underrepresented character and adds new tools to the arsenal of any current Mii Swordfighter mains! To learn more and discuss Mii Swordfighter visit the Mii Swordfighter forums here on Smashboards.

As a Mii Swordfighter main these videos made SmashCapps extra excited! Follow him on Twitter to keep up with everything Smash and to discuss all things Mii.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm so happy to see more tech for Swordighter. He's my personal favourite of all the Miis. This is good news for the very few number of people who uses Swordfighter.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Boost Spin might be cool for edge-guarding. But the Invincible Shuriken looks waaaaaaaay too siuational. Like, you'd have to get a really, really hard read to do it. The invincibility period is only a split second and the start-up and end lag for the move is too great for this to be a worthwhile tactic. Even against a slow powerful move like a Warlock Punch, you're better off just maneuvering around it and punishing it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The Boost Spin might be cool for edge-guarding. But the Invincible Shuriken looks waaaaaaaay too siuational. Like, you'd have to get a really, really hard read to do it. The invincibility period is only a split second and the start-up and end lag for the move is too great for this to be a worthwhile tactic. Even against a slow powerful move like a Warlock Punch, you're better off just maneuvering around it and punishing it.
not to mention that the move at that range is only worth 1% with no knockback. I COULD see it as some form way of wining projectile wars especially if you run reversal slash

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
This is kinda off topic but the comments didn't load before I refreshed and it was just a bunch of code everywhere and it scared the crap outta me.

Browny

Smash Hater
This story is sexist, always labeling Mii Swordfighter as a him. WHAT ABOUT WOMEN SWORDFIGHTERS?

I'm so triggered.

Last edited:

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Honestly I don't see the Invincibility tech being much useful but the Hero's Spin tech does seem rather interesting. I can't wait to see what people do with it.

It's always nice to see new techs discovered for "below average" characters tho. Who knows what will be discovered next.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
This story is sexist, always labeling Mii Swordfighter as a him. WHAT ABOUT WOMEN SWORDFIGHTERS?

I'm so triggered.
you wanna know why He is labeling Mii swordfighter as 'him'? HE IS USING A MALE MII! If he was using a female Mii, He would label the Mii swordfghter as 'she'!

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
you wanna know why He is labeling Mii swordfighter as 'him'? HE IS USING A MALE MII! If he was using a female Mii, He would label the Mii swordfghter as 'she'!
Browny is joking.
Real Social Justice Warriors aren't so straightforward with their rhetoric. If they use too many buzzwords and popular sentiments, casual listeners can't take them seriously for a second.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
OK When Bowser Up-smashes he has superarmor on the shell, which makes sense since his shell is supposed to be really strong. I guess the same would go to Little Mac.

And Mii Swordfighter gets superarmor by.........throwing stars.

Logic.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1

I'm so triggered.
don't worry about it bruh second video got you covered

OK When Bowser Up-smashes he has superarmor on the shell, which makes sense since his shell is supposed to be really strong. I guess the same would go to Little Mac.

Logic.
it's not super armour as swordfighter does not take damage, it's intangibility

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

Logic.
Ninja Parrying, son.

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
", it's intagibility"-HermitHelmet

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS! NEW UN-HEARD OF TECH: INTAGIBILITY. ONLY EXECUTED BY MII SWORD FIGHTER HIMSELF. HOW WILL THIS ADVANCE THE META-GAME?

(Just kidding bruh, I was just really bored.) :lol:

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Now TOs need to allow Mii Fighters with their moves even under custom off environment globally.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
", it's intagibility"-HermitHelmet

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS! NEW UN-HEARD OF TECH: INTAGIBILITY. ONLY EXECUTED BY MII SWORD FIGHTER HIMSELF. HOW WILL THIS ADVANCE THE META-GAME?

(Just kidding bruh, I was just really bored.) :lol:
shshshshshhhhhhhh

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
Browny is joking.
Real Social Justice Warriors aren't so straightforward with their rhetoric. If they use too many buzzwords and popular sentiments, casual listeners can't take them seriously for a second.
Also, we know how to properly use the word "triggered."

D

Deleted member

None of this is going to do us any good till we can use Miis in FG. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
Mii Swordsfighter is one of my, I guess "mains" or perhaps a pocket main and I play him often a lot when I'm not playing Mega Man and I love him. The only thing that really sucks is I want to play around with his custom moves but none of my local tournaments bothers with using custom moves so I'm usually forced to practice with the 1111 style.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I would be okay with Miis in non custom play and tournaments if the community assigned a "default" moveset and weight to them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Part of loving Swordfighter comes from accepting he's not really viable.
That's what makes winning with him so satisfying.
That's the exact reason why I modelled my Mii Fighter of this guy as a Swordfighter:

"I intentionally made Mii Swordfighter the worst in the game, so I could put myself in the game and, quite literally, kick people's butts as the worst character in the game, proving my superiority and dominance over you mere mortals."

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Ah thats cool. The power Spin.

The other week i found this out with Link, only to find out this tech has been around since Melee apparently. :/ Pretty cool for BF with platforms.

Its easier just to Jump-cancel with Up B Slide OFF the stage. imo.

Smash Ace
YAY MII SWORDFIGHTER IS TOP TIER!!!

oh wait, you can't use him in tournaments...

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
Who do you think is the worst character in SSB4, For me, it's either Charizard or Olimar, :4charizard: because I don't know that many combos for him and bad recovery, and :4olimar:because I don't know how to use him and he's pretty weak.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Fun fact: Link can also Boost Spin. Not sure about Gay, but I'd assume so.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Who do you think is the worst character in SSB4, For me, it's either Charizard or Olimar, :4charizard: because I don't know that many combos for him and bad recovery, and :4olimar:because I don't know how to use him and he's pretty weak.
Olimar has one of the best grab in the game, Seriusly, is grab is stupidity good that even reflected with mario cape still can grab you and trhow you.
After all, Olimar is REALLY Hard to use.

Charizard super armor and Strengh is soooo good. I was fighting with a charizard main that actually, not matter what tier they given him, he never give up ion charizard amd mow he wrecked with him.

But we all have opinions.

After all, Mii was one of the worst, there were like the new Brawl Ganonnondorf and I glad people are looking there more and supporting the sword fighter.

Top Bottom