• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's How To Get An Early Demo Of The New Pokemon Games

Will you be buying one of the new Pokemon games? Which one?

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 127 34.9%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 145 39.8%
  • Both!

Votes: 48 13.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 44 12.1%

• Total voters

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Apha Sapphire are coming in a little over a month, but for those who can't wait there's an early way to get hands on the latest Pokemon adventure! Players who join the Pokemon Trainer Club at Pokemon.com and opt in to emails by October 20th will receive a Special Demo Version of Pokemon in the next Trainer Club newsletter! Players will be able to carry some special items and data over to the main game from the demo, so this is a must-do for dedicated Trainers.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire look great, and are coming soon.
Read the full instructions on how to get this demo by clicking here.

Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be released November 21st, 2014 in the United States. The two titles will be available at retail and as digital downloads for $39.99.

Will you be getting one of these two new titles? What starter is your favorite? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit got Sapphire back in the day - does that mean he should get Omega Ruby this time around? Tell him what to do on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I love Ruby and Sapphire but this is my least favorite group of starter pokemon.
:001::004::007: = Best
:152::155::158:= Second Best
Third Gen = WORST.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Huh. I wonder how substantial the transferable content will be. Hopefully not terribly. I have very little use for a demo of a long RPG like Pokemon.

Still, really looking forward to getting AlphaSapphire. Will be nice to be able to pick Treecko again. :)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
(If this was competitively viable and the chances were in your favor) Mega Swampert says "Quick Claw" :D
That's all nice and dandy, but Megas can't hold items. :p However if M-Sceptile entered in on Sticky Web or it was raining, M-Swampert would definitely go first. Also. Swampert is a Physical attacker, so he would more likely to use Ice Punch instead.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Mega swampert says ''ice beam''
Mega Sceptile is faster.
It says "Leaf Storm" :D <3
(If this was competitively viable and the chances were in your favor) Mega Swampert says "Quick Claw" :D
This is why I love Pokémon fans.

Thanks so much for posting this! Even a die-hard Pokémon fan like myself had a little trouble figuring out exactly what I needed to do, so a direct link is fantastic! Also, Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie! Two favorite of mine! Along with Slowbro, Gallade, and the starters, I'm getting lots of favorites with Megas all of a sudden!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now if only Outlook had a way to do such a thing.
Never got my Heracronite, Nintendo. >:|

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
My favorite gen it is gonna be hard to decide what one to start with gonna go with Alpha Sapphire 'cause Kyogre. Double Battles, Abilities, a good amount of legendaries without going overboard, the Battle Frontier, and three good starters to choose from S/R/E gave PKMN so much. 3rd Gen>1st Gen>2nd Gen>4th Gen>6th Gen>5th Gen

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
How? M-Swampert is bulky enough to take an unboosted hit from
M-Blaziken and OHKO it back, set up Rain and go first next turn and OHKO.
MegaBlaziken is Uber and is better overall

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
MegaBlaziken is Uber and is better overall
Whoops. I thought we were discussing a 1v1 scenario. M-Blaziken is better overall against most Pokémon, but against M-Swampert he would be at a disadvantage. Then again, the match is determined by the player, not the Pokémon.

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
Mega Sceptile is faster.
It says "Leaf Storm" :D <3
Tempted to run a Swampert with Focus Sash instead of his Mega Stone now just to mess with people who use Sceptile :195:

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Hopefully this demo is given to everyone who has a trainer club account (and opted for emails) and isn't like the Smash 3DS demo where only certain platinum members got it at random.

EDIT: Also I'm so glad that NoA decided not to make the demo exclusive to a store and make it instead available online since some of us does not have access to a GameStop store!

Last edited:

EustaceDaBum

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianm12
Personally, I think that this is stupid. I want to try the demo, but if you can only get it from a super-duper-Pokémon-fan-magazine, then I'm not doing it. I don't need a trainer account. All I want is the demo.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Can't wait for a 3D Kanto/ Johto remake/ preferably a reboot.
#Genwoners #masterace #superior #reasonwhysmashasmostlygen1pokemon #mewtwocharizard2megaseach #toomanyhashtags

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
1st Gen: Best Starters
2nd Gen: Best Game
3rd Gen: Okay Starters / Okay Game
RBY BETTER THAN RUBY, SAPPHIRE AND EMERALD!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one, please remind me how many Battle Frontiers and ****ING POKEMON ABILITIES do the first two gens have?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just want to use Mega Pac-Man Glalie to unleash an Ice Age on the field with a Refrigerate Explosion.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I just want to use Mega Pac-Man Glalie to unleash an Ice Age on the field with a Refrigerate Explosion.
That's honestly the dumbest use of a Mega Evolution in the world. Giving up a Mega for a absurdly powerful Explosion that can easily be countered with Damp or a Pokemon that can eat up the Explosion?

Top Bottom