• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with stage striking/counter picking

Flux243

Smash Rookie
I'm still fairly new to maining Peach and as such don't have a lot of experience with certain matchups. I'm going to Low Tier City this weekend (my first major) and before then I'd like to get a better idea of what stages Peach likes in each matchup. I also just feel like it would be nice to have a thread for discussing this.

Here are my best guesses for each of the S tier matchups. Keep in mind that my experience with some of these matchups is extremely limited, so a lot of this is just based on what I understand about the characters and what makes sense based on that. As such, some of these are probably way off. If so, then by all means correct me, and if you have anything to add then I would greatly appreciate it ^_^ I'm mostly concerned with the S tier matchups for obvious reasons, but any info on the other matchups would also be awesome.

Fox: FoD > Battlefield > Dreamland > FD > PS > Yoshi's
Falco: FoD > FD > Dreamland > Battlefield > PS > Yoshi's
Sheik: Dreamland > FoD > FD > PS > Yoshi's > Battlefield
Marth: Dreamland > Battlefield > FoD > FD > PS > Yoshi's
Jigglypuff: FoD > Yoshi's > FD > PS > Battlefield > Dreamland (I really have no clue about this matchup)
Captain Falcon: FoD > Battlefield > Yoshi's > PS > Dreamland > FD

I'm not even gonna attempt ICs because I really know almost nothing about them. Anyway, I'm sure some of these are way off, so feedback would be great. Thanks!

shorty22

Smash Rookie
Vanz goes in to it a little bit in this thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/vanz-stuff-about-peach-tactical-discussion.242179/

Its a bit out dated but still has some info youre looking for. Stage striking is also a bit of choice so if you like one stage over another than its up to you. In general however your picks look good

also I know you said youre not going to attempt ICs but i usually go FoD > Battlefield > Dreamland > Yoshi's > FD > PS

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
I think at first it's equally a matter of knowledge and preference, i.e. if you feel more comfortable on fountain than say dreamland do that, but even if your favorite stage is Pokémon stadium I would avoid taking a fox there

Dr. Cannon

Smash Rookie
For Sheik especially it's really a matter of personal preference. I have seen pro sheiks strike to dreamland, and I've seen pro peachs strike to Battlefield. I can reasonably see people striking to any of the starter stages in that MU. Against ICs, I think FD is really good for peach. No platforms means they have very few ways to get at you when you're floating and you only have to float at one float height. In most ICs matchup, people use platforms to get away from ICs, but peach has float for that already. I think it's the best stage for peach.

Top Bottom