• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with 3.6 ISO Builder

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet
So me and few people are working on editing an iso builder for 3.6 but we can't get it to work the farthest we can get when we build an iso is the strap loader screen then it goes black we have tried multiple things to try and get it to work but we don't know what else to try.
here is the link to the build we are working with and the page.
(https://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/page-25#post-5549719)
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/qy6a55ejyzbo2vm/RSBEPM_ISO_BUILDER_36TEST.zip)

Majoralink55

Smash Rookie
So, I apologize for placing this here, but I really have no clue as to where else I should put this. I am using Project M 3.6 Beta Hackless. When I load up the Project M launcher via stage builder I have to update it to play Project M 3.6 Beta. When I try to I get the following message; "Project M info.xml file not found, would you like to force the version 3.00?" Weather I hit yes or no doesn't matter because then this next message appears "New update available, Version 1.00 to Version 1.11." In which case I attempt to update, but once the update is done it says "Update cannot be stored, trying again." And it goes like this in a constant loop. Once again I apologize for placing this here but I have no clue where else I could ask for help, so if anyone knows the source of this problem and or all help would be appreciated, thank you for reading this.

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
There are problems with doing that; we want the full build as an ISO, not the netplay build. The problem seems to be something with the .gct not agreeing with an ISO builder (or possibly Dolphin), so we were actually hoping to get a PM dev to explain the new codes to us and hopefully tell us how we could get the full codeset to work with an ISO; it currently crashes after the strap screen. For example, what are the differences between the netplay codeset and the full codeset?

Also, I did try replacing the projectm directory and the .gct, and it still crashed. The problem is almost definitely something with the .gct.

Last edited:

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet
There are problems with doing that; we want the full build as an ISO, not the netplay build. The problem seems to be something with the .gct not agreeing with an ISO builder (or possibly Dolphin), so we were actually hoping to get a PM dev to explain the new codes to us and hopefully tell us how we could get the full codeset to work with an ISO; it currently crashes after the strap screen. For example, what are the differences between the netplay codeset and the full codeset?

Also, I did try replacing the projectm directory and the .gct, and it still crashed. The problem is almost definitely something with the .gct.
Actually I don't think that it is the gct because the new gct and the old gct are basically Identical

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I guess I wouldn't know. That's just what I figured since using a non-dummy common5.pac still didn't work. I still think we need someone with more knowledge to help us (wink, wink).

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet
I guess I wouldn't know. That's just what I figured since using a non-dummy common5.pac still didn't work. I still think we need someone with more knowledge to help us (wink, wink).
Yea definitely because I've run out of ideas of what to do and my knowledge with this stuff is pretty much minimal. well lets just hope we find something or somebody comes up with a way to get it to work.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I've just confirmed that it is the .gct; I replaced all of the netplay files with the homebrew files without changing RSBE01.gct and made it past the strap screen (although there were some problems ingame), but once I changed the .gct (and the GCTSIZE parameter in the .bat), it crashed at the strap screen. I need a PM dev to help with this--what is the difference between the netplay .gct and the regular .gct/what new codes were added in 3.6? is there somewhere else I can ask this, like an IRC channel or something?

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post, but this will probably be the last one necessary in this thread. I asked on IRC, and the alternate stage loader code does not work when the files are on the ISO, they need to be in an SD card. So the only thing to do is make a virtual SD card (which is what I have done) and hope that someday, the code will be compatible with ISOs.

Top Bottom