• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Wavedashing as Peach

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I'm new here, first post. I was just looking for some help wavedashing as Peach.

I can wavedash pretty decently as other characters but I'm not very consistent as Peach. I usually Float an inch off the ground instead or do a full hop backwards. :p

Any tips to help learn? Peach is my main so I really would appreciate the help. Also any tips on L canceling and instigating it into my game?

CAUP

Degree

Smash Apprentice
L cancelling is useful for virtually every character, but Peach's float cancel beats it so you will want to incorporate that as much as possible. If you don't know, float cancelling is where you float and do an aerial move and then land. If you try it with fair and compare it to no cancelling, and then L cancelling you'll notice there's a vast difference. This video might help explain it a bit as well. If you watch any good Peach player versus fox, a common punish if Fox upsmashes your shield is to do a float cancelled nair. I'm sure there's videos of that around. As for wavedashing, it's just down to practice really I think. I moved to Peach from Link and it took me a while to adjust to it. I've no doubt that others who are far more experienced and technical than I am will be able to provide some better advice, but hope this helps a bit.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I float cancel all the time but I would still really love to get in those L Cancels too. Maybe it is just practice for wavedashing but I think my form is bad though. Lol

Thanks

CAUP

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
If you're floating while wave dashing it means you're holding x/y too long

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
That helps so much! That must have been my problem. Thanks

Top Bottom