• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help in the Ditto

RedPittoo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys

So today i fought against a really good peach player in my area who used dair while floating in neutral quite a bit. I didn't really know how to get around it at the time and after further thought i wondered if up air would beat floating dair. Is this correct, or should i just do something like come at the other peach from the side with a bair or some other move?

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
step one for seeing if something will work is to try it out. ask a friend to spam floating dair and see if you can beat it with uair, or you could probably test it yourself with two controllers. report back with your findings and i'm sure people will suggest other things you can try

short answer: no it won't. one way would be to time a fh nair to beat them, and learn to SDI out if you get caught in the dair

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
What height is he dairing at exactly? At mid-to-higher heights, you can fair and at least trade favorably. If they're starting the dair really close, move back a little, and back in to punish. If you can come above with, well, anything pretty much, you can beat it out. If he's starting it from a position where you have enough room to do so, you could come in with a nair at a similar height, or simply opt not to punish.

If you see them falling down with the dair, you can catch their landing with a lot of things, including dsmash (try not to let them land right on you). You can also catch them by surprise and run under and usmash them if there's enough room.

Top Bottom